Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2017, 11:56 AM   #1121
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kzdwfy
Just an FYI if anyone is interested...

I noticed that even when I created a playbook of 2nd and 8yds or more gameplan with all passes the AI CPU would still run the ball. Well I did some more digging and this is what I discovered. I hope this is new info for some at least...

The playbooks on both offense and defense default back to the original playbook if you create a coach, make auto-subs, retire the coach and then use the 2nd controller trick to change your playbook. Easiest way to find out if what I'm saying is true is to use the 2nd controller trick to change from a 4-3 playbook to a 3-4 playbook. You will definitely see the difference.

So I tried the original recommended change which was to create a undrafted QB player, turn instant starter off, and change the offense and defensive playbook...and guess what? I saw the Giants defense(4-3) change to a 3-4 defense

Let me know what you see...

Update: Only bad part is retiring the coach and adding the player doesn't allow you to adjust auto subs...smh. Maden...please fix the the playcalling feature
The Custom Playbooks are so buggy this year, I haven't been able to test the Custom route with update 1.10, yet.
I would assume they weren't touched because None of the developers have mentioned this as an issue yet.
With that said,
I've had good results with,
Generic PB's (Run N Gun, Pass, Balanced, run balanced, etc)
Defensive PB's(Multiple D for 4-3 teams)
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2017, 12:17 PM   #1122
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Even with update 1.10,
Im still utilizing QB edits and trait changes, Playbook changes for O and D for the CPU, all of this factors in how a CPU QB will play.

If I give A. Rod or C. Newton 90+ on athleticism, ratings boost to rushing attributes, give them a playbook designed for mobile qbs, along with qb trait edits(paranoid forces them to escape more but do to the qbs not tucking & running they still look to pass until the rush gets closer).
They can get 5-10 rushes/scrambles per gm and even have a game with a broken tackle every now and then.
How awesome is it when Qbs can actually avoid sacks again!

Negatives w/ Paranoid trait
the qbs could get sacked more b/c they are leaving the pocket earlier.
That's why I had to boost the CPU Qb's athleticism, so they could avoid these sacks more often.
I wouldn't want a low awarness, slow qb, to be set this way.
Trigger happy, conservative would be better for this type of qb.

We need to focus on the CPU Qb's more now, than ever, especially with the Olineman vs Dline updates w/ v1.10

Last edited by D81SKINS; 02-16-2017 at 01:58 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 03:15 PM   #1123
Rookie

wizfan2's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Even with update 1.10,
Im still utilizing QB edits and trait changes, Playbook changes for O and D for the CPU, all of this factors in how a CPU QB will play.

If I give A. Rod or C. Newton 90+ on athleticism, ratings boost to rushing attributes, give them a playbook designed for mobile qbs, along with qb trait edits(paranoid forces them to escape more but do to the qbs not tucking & running they still look to pass until the rush gets closer).
They can get 5-10 rushes/scrambles per gm and even have a game with a broken tackle every now and then.
How awesome is it when Qbs can actually avoid sacks again!

Negatives w/ Paranoid trait
the qbs could get sacked more b/c they are leaving the pocket earlier.
That's why I had to boost the CPU Qb's athleticism, so they could avoid these sacks more often.
I wouldn't want a low awarness, slow qb, to be set this way.
Trigger happy, conservative would be better for this type of qb.

We need to focus on the CPU Qb's more now, than ever, especially with the Olineman vs Dline updates w/ v1.10

DSkins81, have you thought about putting out a roster with the proper QB edits for better CPU QB gameplay?

"A wise man never knows all, only a fool knows everything"

"If you were making a list of people you trusted, would you put your name down"
-NF "Only"
Old 02-16-2017, 03:35 PM   #1124
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

So i wasnt sure if this was the correct area, but i started a 32 team franchise just to tinker with it, now i know it dont let u pick the playbook for both teams in the screen where u pick playbooks and jerseys, but i tried something, I usered jacksonville went to start game i picked a custom playbook, backed out, went to user the other team that team is playing, i changed them to another custom playbook but instead of starting game i backed out, went back to the first team went to go choose pb on the start game area and the pb was still showing the 2nd custom playbook i had picked

Will they actually do this and keep it and use it... granted i think they would use the same playbook then if the other team switches to that to, sorry if this wasnt making sense,

so in short i usered colts, they play Jax, i choose custom pb solazoff for colts, i backed out switched user to Jax went to the controller select area when starting game, clicked on advanced settings to choose PB and on Jax the first one it showed was also Solazoff, so i changed them to Vnso5 went back to Colts went to pick playbook in controller select area and it was bringing up Vns05,

I guess that wasnt as short as i ment to say it hahah, im just wondering what PB the non controlled team ends up using ????
Old 02-16-2017, 04:33 PM   #1125
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by benton32
So i wasnt sure if this was the correct area, but i started a 32 team franchise just to tinker with it, now i know it dont let u pick the playbook for both teams in the screen where u pick playbooks and jerseys, but i tried something, I usered jacksonville went to start game i picked a custom playbook, backed out, went to user the other team that team is playing, i changed them to another custom playbook but instead of starting game i backed out, went back to the first team went to go choose pb on the start game area and the pb was still showing the 2nd custom playbook i had picked

Will they actually do this and keep it and use it... granted i think they would use the same playbook then if the other team switches to that to, sorry if this wasnt making sense,

so in short i usered colts, they play Jax, i choose custom pb solazoff for colts, i backed out switched user to Jax went to the controller select area when starting game, clicked on advanced settings to choose PB and on Jax the first one it showed was also Solazoff, so i changed them to Vnso5 went back to Colts went to pick playbook in controller select area and it was bringing up Vns05,

I guess that wasnt as short as i ment to say it hahah, im just wondering what PB the non controlled team ends up using ????
If your backing out. Then going back in and it's still there? Yes it's what they play with. I had to use a second controller and a second profile to this though actually.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-16-2017, 04:36 PM   #1126
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: M17 OOTB Custom CPU PBs & Custom All-Pro(DSkins81)

I downloaded the patch last night. Took over an hour and didn't get a chance to play. I wonder if I can still edit player/team scheme and playbooks as I did ootb

Old 02-16-2017, 05:02 PM   #1127
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Re: M17 OOTB Custom CPU PBs & Custom All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I downloaded the patch last night. Took over an hour and didn't get a chance to play. I wonder if I can still edit player/team scheme and playbooks as I did ootb

Yes you can.

I'm about to play vs Mariota(CPU), I boosted his athleticism and giving him the Pistol Offense w/ multiple D defense.
He will have the ideal trait w/ balanced, scrambling.

I will post some stats and thoughts of my last 2 games w/ Update v1.10 and how different Qb traits matter.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 02-16-2017 at 05:04 PM.
Old 02-16-2017, 05:10 PM   #1128
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizfan2
DSkins81, have you thought about putting out a roster with the proper QB edits for better CPU QB gameplay?
Well I may end up doing that, just have to find the time.
Right now, game by game basis is working w/o me having to get them all at once.
I would like to find that sweetspot for each qb to give us the closest to sim play that we can achieve from this CPU AI.
Qb performance and how to improve the CPU QB w/o OPing the CPU, that's the key.

Good idea, thanks.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »