Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-16-2017, 06:59 PM   #1129
Pro

OVR: 7
Re: M17 OOTB Custom CPU PBs & Custom All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Yes you can.

I'm about to play vs Mariota(CPU), I boosted his athleticism and giving him the Pistol Offense w/ multiple D defense.
He will have the ideal trait w/ balanced, scrambling.

I will post some stats and thoughts of my last 2 games w/ Update v1.10 and how different Qb traits matter.
Well let me know how that goes. Ill get into that no wthat I have verified that the playbooks dtick with creating an undrafted QB. Like I said the only issue becomes autosubs. Its always something....lol

Only issue I have with the generic playbooks is:

1) Balanced is about a 55/45 pass/run ratio on 1st down
2) Pistol is about a 25/75 pass/run ratio on 1st down
3) Pass Balanced is about a 65/35 pass/run ratio on 1st down
4) Run Balanced is about a 43/57 pass/run ratio on 1st down
5) West Coast is about a 40/60 pass/run ratio on 1st down
6) Run n Gun is about a 45/55 pass/run ratio on 1st down

I want to adjust these. For example, I want to give the Patriots a 60/40 pass/run ratio on 1st down and not be so extreme with the other choices.... Its frustrating but Im glad you guys found at least something that can tide this issue over and hopefully they will deal with the playbooks next year

Last edited by kzdwfy; 02-17-2017 at 02:36 AM.
Old 02-16-2017, 09:21 PM   #1130
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

2-0 now w/ update 1.10
Both games came down to the last few plays, this game had 5 lead changes.
The Titans utilized the Pistol on offense and Multiple -D
They ended w/ 37 passes to 33 runs, they had the T.O.P. by about 6 mins more than me. Which was a pleasant surprise.

NOT happy with the lack of QB designed runs with the Pistol.

Run N Gun and Chip Kelly's have more qb runs buit in.
So my Mobile qbs will utilize these for now and any other PBs that have more designed qb runs.

Also Mariota was sacked 6x. So the Ideal qb trait, balanced force passes didn't really help him. I will look at the Titans Oline ratings before being too antsy about changing things.
The mobile qbs seem to do better with the Paranoid trait and ideal Force passes, throw ball away, yes.

Final 28-23 W Skins(8-7) over the Titans(5-10)

One thing that's driving me crazy is losing the turnover battle every game. This was the 1st game in awhile that we recovered a fumble. Still no ints yet either, but I've thrown a few.
14872970705381366127476.jpg

1487297202366214448412.jpg

Finish up the Season @ 10-5 division leading Cowboys (yr3)
Romo is Hot +2 OVR 87.
I'm trying to decide if they should roll with the default J. Garrett PB or another?
I have the D set to Cover 2 and Tampa 2 schemes.

Also would like to give Romo some elite pocket presence and see how that helps with reducing allowed sacks.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 02-16-2017 at 11:33 PM.
Old 02-17-2017, 11:29 AM   #1131
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quick recap on CFM

Lost my final game of season 3 (2-1 w update 1.10)
The Cowboy's win in a heated defensive battle, which had both teams punting 8 times each.
Final 10-7 L Skins @ Cowboys.

We had plenty of chances to even the score up and Dallas kept getting crucial defensive plays and forced us into some turnovers.
The Cousins Era will be ending, we will be drafting a QB for our 1st pick and we also plan on trading J. Norman to also free up some cap.

So 3 seasons down
We've gone..
9-7
11-5(lost in the NFC Championship to Panthers)
8-8 (just missed the playoffs by losing the final gm)

We finished 5th in Defense yds and 18th in offensive yds, so offense was the problem and the huge discrepancy in turnovers. I think we were -25 or something in turnovers. 90% was on Cousins.
Going into Season 4
With our young rebuilt Oline we are rated
LT: 88
LG: 77
C: 77
RG: 77
RT: 85

I can see the interior lineman really struggling at times and allowing too much pressure on Cousins for him to handle.
We really need a bit more athletic QB with similar throwing skills and continue development of my young line.
I bet we start seeing the turnover battle change once these players grow together.

Cousins turnovers are the biggest issue, maybe that means I need to play better also. However, he's declined from 82ovr to 80 after this last season(31yrs old).
If I trade him now I would be saving my teams future cap and still get some draft picks.
It's safe to say by now, that Cousins isn't going to be the HOF qb that we all wanted when we signed him.

Should be exciting to see how we come out in Season 4!

Btw, I'm sticking with update 1.10 for season 4.

Keep an eye on the Fatigue of your Olineman and if they are struggling more b/c they are fatigued. I saw at one point my whole Oline was already red.
I didn't see any backup Olineman in, so EA may have made it where our Starting Oline don't go out when fatigued, similar to the QB.
So does that mean they are playing extremely fatigued?

w/ the D-line rotation @ 80 or higher in/out, they are staying fresher

Last edited by D81SKINS; 02-17-2017 at 12:25 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #1132
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I'm 4 Full games into this new Update v1.10 now, it's really well balanced now. Yes, we still get the occasional odd ball blocking animations but the thing I like about the blocking is how balanced it is. You shouldn't expect to dominate the other teams D-Line now, unless the ratings warrant that.
My rookies that played made an impact, which is nice.
My new starting rookie Qb is a beast(Caleb Bostic, from Georgia, Quick development), reminds me of Big Ben.
He comes in w/
92 THP, 90 Short, 86 TOR, he's 6' 5" 230lbs. 82 acc but only 68 speed. He has enough athleticism to get out of the pocket but he's not pulling away from anyone.

My most recent game,
game 1 of the reg. Season(yr4)
Both teams were held under 100yds rushing and my young defense made more plays to slow down the Lions, lead by M. Stafford. My rookie Qb comes out struggling early, throwing a forced int and fumbling on BIG hit by the Lions E. Ansah. He overcame that rough start and finished w/
396yds, 3tds, 1int
My 4th yr. WR J. Doctson had his breakout season last year and is now rated the highest on the team and he busted out week 1 w/ 100+ 2tds!
This was the best gameplay I've seen a game yet!

I moved some players and got some early round picks.
Yr. 4 and my scouting team is also doing better.
I traded Cousins and Norman to build through the draft and get us out of Cap trouble.
I picked a QB for my 1st pick , used another 1st round pick for CB to replace J. Norman, he may only have a few seasons left due to his physical skills deteriorating.
Here's what my draft had

Redskins 2019 Draft Picks
1.to be continued.....

Last edited by D81SKINS; 02-20-2017 at 02:31 AM.
Old 02-20-2017, 06:38 AM   #1133
Rookie

Quote:
Well I may end up doing that, just have to find the time.
Right now, game by game basis is working w/o me having to get them all at once.
I would like to find that sweetspot for each qb to give us the closest to sim play that we can achieve from this CPU AI.
Qb performance and how to improve the CPU QB w/o OPing the CPU, that's the key.

Good idea, thanks.
Would you be able to post just what each trait does for each QB, or a general idea from what you've seen? I wanted to see if a strong arm QB would take more downfield shots than a west coast QB. But I'm not the best when it comes to attention to detail in these things
Old 02-20-2017, 08:32 AM   #1134
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserOliver17
Would you be able to post just what each trait does for each QB, or a general idea from what you've seen? I wanted to see if a strong arm QB would take more downfield shots than a west coast QB. But I'm not the best when it comes to attention to detail in these things
Yes, you are correct in your thinking.

West Coast= strengths are STA, Mobile, this qb utilizes the short quick passing game, conservative.

Balanced= This Qb is well balanced, not the strongest arm, not the most athletic, Think Drew Brees. Utilizing the whole field, high awr is crucial for the CPU QB in this Qb type

Strong arm= has higher rated DTA and Power, 90+, this qb will utilize the Vertical style offense better, he will still use a power run type offense but will take more shot plays off the power run game. Think J. Flacco

Pocket Passer= Doesn't have the athleticism to be Balanced or Mobile, but will have the attributes to make ALL throws. Think Brady, Palmer, statue type qbs that have enough elusiveness to avoid the rush from the pocket

Mobile= More athleticism obviously, however, Madden 17 doesn't utilize the tuck & run trait any more so these qbs will escape the pocket more but they still tend to be locked on passing up until they have no options but to run upfield.
They act similar to Balanced QBs and they do not tuck & run as they should.
Old 02-20-2017, 09:29 AM   #1135
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Quick recap on CFM

Lost my final game of season 3 (2-1 w update 1.10)
The Cowboy's win in a heated defensive battle, which had both teams punting 8 times each.
Final 10-7 L Skins @ Cowboys.

We had plenty of chances to even the score up and Dallas kept getting crucial defensive plays and forced us into some turnovers.
The Cousins Era will be ending, we will be drafting a QB for our 1st pick and we also plan on trading J. Norman to also free up some cap.

So 3 seasons down
We've gone..
9-7
11-5(lost in the NFC Championship to Panthers)
8-8 (just missed the playoffs by losing the final gm)

We finished 5th in Defense yds and 18th in offensive yds, so offense was the problem and the huge discrepancy in turnovers. I think we were -25 or something in turnovers. 90% was on Cousins.
Going into Season 4
With our young rebuilt Oline we are rated
LT: 88
LG: 77
C: 77
RG: 77
RT: 85

I can see the interior lineman really struggling at times and allowing too much pressure on Cousins for him to handle.
We really need a bit more athletic QB with similar throwing skills and continue development of my young line.
I bet we start seeing the turnover battle change once these players grow together.

Cousins turnovers are the biggest issue, maybe that means I need to play better also. However, he's declined from 82ovr to 80 after this last season(31yrs old).
If I trade him now I would be saving my teams future cap and still get some draft picks.
It's safe to say by now, that Cousins isn't going to be the HOF qb that we all wanted when we signed him.

Should be exciting to see how we come out in Season 4!

Btw, I'm sticking with update 1.10 for season 4.

Keep an eye on the Fatigue of your Olineman and if they are struggling more b/c they are fatigued. I saw at one point my whole Oline was already red.
I didn't see any backup Olineman in, so EA may have made it where our Starting Oline don't go out when fatigued, similar to the QB.
So does that mean they are playing extremely fatigued?

w/ the D-line rotation @ 80 or higher in/out, they are staying fresher
I'm 10 games in now. At that point I was playing ootb. I'll try post season stats and rankings to this point. And then with patch.

As far as the patch goes I'm loving it. There a couple things I did like better before, but the patch gives it the feel of a more finished product imo. I've only played a couple games in game now, but I am really enjoying it. Can't wait to jump back into my cfm.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2017, 10:12 AM   #1136
Rookie

Quote:
Yes, you are correct in your thinking.

West Coast= strengths are STA, Mobile, this qb utilizes the short quick passing game, conservative.

Balanced= This Qb is well balanced, not the strongest arm, not the most athletic, Think Drew Brees. Utilizing the whole field, high awr is crucial for the CPU QB in this Qb type

Strong arm= has higher rated DTA and Power, 90+, this qb will utilize the Vertical style offense better, he will still use a power run type offense but will take more shot plays off the power run game. Think J. Flacco

Pocket Passer= Doesn't have the athleticism to be Balanced or Mobile, but will have the attributes to make ALL throws. Think Brady, Palmer, statue type qbs that have enough elusiveness to avoid the rush from the pocket

Mobile= More athleticism obviously, however, Madden 17 doesn't utilize the tuck & run trait any more so these qbs will escape the pocket more but they still tend to be locked on passing up until they have no options but to run upfield.
They act similar to Balanced QBs and they do not tuck & run as they should.
So, if I were to take a west coast QB, and make his player type strong arm in edits, I can expect him to make more deep throws and ignore the check downs a bit more. Although this is less prevalent post patch I must say

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »