Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-20-2017, 12:10 PM   #1137
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserOliver17
So, if I were to take a west coast QB, and make his player type strong arm in edits, I can expect him to make more deep throws and ignore the check downs a bit more. Although this is less prevalent post patch I must say
Yes you should see more deep shots but if his ratings are lower on DTA and THP, then he may just be throwing up ints.
Of course, other factors would play into that, like,
Who's he targeting and the ratings of the WR targeted.
So the question is, does his ratings warrant that change or do you plan on upping his throwing attributes to allow for more successful deep shots.
Old 02-20-2017, 02:16 PM   #1138
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Yes you should see more deep shots but if his ratings are lower on DTA and THP, then he may just be throwing up ints.
Of course, other factors would play into that, like,
Who's he targeting and the ratings of the WR targeted.
So the question is, does his ratings warrant that change or do you plan on upping his throwing attributes to allow for more successful deep shots.
I'm not 100% sure if I'm honest. Not necessarily the deep shots. But more likely to be things over 5 yards. Would likely set the player type based on the team around him as well. If he has some burners on the outside I'd expect him to take a few more shots
Old 02-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #1139
Rookie

D81SKINS, did you give up on the idea of custom playbooks for the CPU? I've seen you say in a few threads that you use the generic PBs for them. I've been doing that and am getting a good challenge from the the CPU when I'm on D. However when I'm on offense the CPU D just isn't very good, they call too many zero blitzes with press coverage and it's an easy TD every time. I feel like a custom playbook with these press plays removed would help the CPU defense immensely, have you stopped looking to do this and if so why?
Old 02-20-2017, 05:28 PM   #1140
Rookie

Skins...with the new patch are you playing default all-pro or something different?
Old 02-20-2017, 07:26 PM   #1141
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
Skins...with the new patch are you playing default all-pro or something different?
Default All-Pro. It's been tough to establish a run game however my Oline is rated
LT: B
LG: C
C: C
RG: C
RT: B

I'm going to wait until my Oline has at least a few A's and B's before I start changing any sliders.
Passing is just about right for me, just have to realize that throwing under pressure, into coverage, is not the best option lol.
I lost my last 23-20 vs Falcons and it was b/c I forced a few into coverage and ended throwing 4 ints and losing a fumble.
It's my rookies 2nd game starting so he will get better.
My defense is my teams strong point right now, so we can stay in most games, even if we turn the ball over
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-20-2017, 07:36 PM   #1142
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shak84
D81SKINS, did you give up on the idea of custom playbooks for the CPU? I've seen you say in a few threads that you use the generic PBs for them. I've been doing that and am getting a good challenge from the the CPU when I'm on D. However when I'm on offense the CPU D just isn't very good, they call too many zero blitzes with press coverage and it's an easy TD every time. I feel like a custom playbook with these press plays removed would help the CPU defense immensely, have you stopped looking to do this and if so why?
Have you tried giving the CPU the Multiple D PB? Its still going to have some man blitzes but they utilize zone more so.
I quit messing with Custom books due to my 2nd controller being broke. If I get a 2nd controller again, I would try to at least give the CPU a Custom Defensive PB and take alot of the press man plays out. Now if they have good Man to Man corners w/ high press ratings, these default PBs work alot better for them.
The ratings do seem to matter alot more now, so setting up a custom PB or leaving it default, all depends on the player's ratings imo.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:55 PM   #1143
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FraserOliver17
I'm not 100% sure if I'm honest. Not necessarily the deep shots. But more likely to be things over 5 yards. Would likely set the player type based on the team around him as well. If he has some burners on the outside I'd expect him to take a few more shots
Yes setting him to strong arm and just count how many deep shots they take. I just played a west coast scheme and I switched the qb type from Pocket to strong arm and the qb took at least 2-3 deep shots per half.
It was a backup 1yr qb w/ 96 THP, he completed 2 beautiful deep shots to OBJ. 1 was in the endzone for a TD.

Editing qb traits based on both the qb ratings and the core around him(WR's, TE's, etc) will help the CPU out tremendously.

I'm 1-2 now and lost my last 2 games by a combined 6pts. It's been awesome seeing the CPU perform at its optimum level but not exceed it's actual ratings.
Old 02-25-2017, 06:45 PM   #1144
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Red face Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Update 2/25/17
So far I have apx. 10-12 games played now w/ Update 1.10.
And
I'm starting to think that AP default w/ this new patch isn't really jiving well. I'm seeing my defense and the cpu's as well, just dominate behind the LOS.
Sacks and TFLs galore!!
I've had defensive games like never before. I held 4th yr QB C. Wentz to -19, YES, -19 passing yards for a game. I was easily the top D in the league since the new patch. Just not realistic or fun imo.

So I've been testing both AM and Pro level. AM wasn't much different, other than the CPU dominated even more so plus I saw a few times, in crucial situations, the cpu would be able to make more robo qb type plays. Just not really much fun when they do things like warping to ball on offense and defense.
So I don't think AM is really the answer...

I went ahead and swallowed my pride and went to Pro,
YES, I said Pro.
So far w/ some slider adjusting, it plays much more organic imo. Everything from the tackling to the blocking, CPU qb play. It was refreshing to know that the game played this well on Pro level.
If you guys are feeling the same thing since this latest update, I would recommend you try these out for size and don't judge it until you play it.

Here's my current Pro setup

Normal gamespeed

User sliders ALL 25
CPU sliders ALL 75, except: Fumble, Int, and tackling set to 50.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »