M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) - Page 150 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-12-2017, 03:09 PM   #1193
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Good Lord! This was my 4th game going back OOTB and finally my 1st win since going back! It took everything we had to hold them off. Including my Skins D forcing 2 fumbles in the redzone! 1 we ran back for 6pts!
Final 14-13!

1489344710297-166654117.jpg

Run Defenses played well in this game on both sides, compared to my previous 3 losses we allowed 150+
Just shows me that not every game is a guaranteed 100+ yd game, especially when facing a solid defense.

14893449677511766142801.jpg

Rams had the Pass Balanced Offense
Run/pass splits
13/42
They only had 49yds rushing but look at the atts. first.
13att. 49yds.
If they would've had the Run Balanced they would've been right around 100yds or more, just like the previous 3 teams I faced with the Run Balanced PB.

They had Kirk Cousins @ Qb
His traits were set to
Sense Pressure: average
Force Passes: conservative

He stayed with the medium to short range passes. Mainly targeted his TE and #1 wr.
Rarely called 4 verticals

So yes,
Qb traits and the type of Playbook will dictate what kind passes they look for and who they target.
Also the Playbook sets the tone for if they will be balanced, pass heavy, or Run heavy

Last edited by D81SKINS; 03-12-2017 at 03:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 04:11 PM   #1194
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: M17 OOTB Custom CPU PBs & Custom All-Pro(DSkins81)

I figured you were going back! Lol
I'm going to stick with the patch a little longer. Starting to make headway with sliders. Ootb is fantastic, and what I want to finish the year with. But I'm going to do a franchise with update, then go back and finish my season ootb. And compare.
Edit: It also seems like you are continuing to find ways to make the cpu play better. Great stuff!
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Last edited by cable guy; 03-12-2017 at 04:17 PM.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:47 PM   #1195
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Re: M17 OOTB Custom CPU PBs & Custom All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cable guy
I figured you were going back! Lol
I'm going to stick with the patch a little longer. Starting to make headway with sliders. Ootb is fantastic, and what I want to finish the year with. But I'm going to do a franchise with update, then go back and finish my season ootb. And compare.
Edit: It also seems like you are continuing to find ways to make the cpu play better. Great stuff!
Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
Yes sir!
I couldn't fathom being in a BIG playoff game and that dreaded Blocking Glitch (caused by patch 1.10) occurred, and we ended up losing, do to a glitch!
Heck no!
I'm bout to play the Eagles, they will utilize the Balanced PB and scheme. I would recommend giving any teams that have a top notch HB the Run Balanced PB.

Playbooks recommended
Mobile qbs= Run N Gun(some read opt)
Top Hbs= Run Balanced(some wildcat passes, which are terrible passes w/ QBA ootb playing to ratings)
Pass Heavy= Pass Balanced(Some awesome med to short routes, less Verticals)

Qb traits
Key:
Be sure to set the "Player Type" & "QB style" in the Player edit screen. For ex.
Player type: Mobile, Strong-arm, etc.
QB Style: scramble, pocket, etc.
So if you want to see qbs scramble more.
Set the player type to Mobile
And the QB style to Scramble

Strong-arm= go vertical

To get them to scramble more, set them to paranoid.

If you don't like to see them force passes downfield, set force passes: conservative(more throws to the hot reads).
Balanced will utilize some deep throws but not as much as ideal does.
Ideal + Strong-arm = Aggressive

The list goes on.....

Last edited by D81SKINS; 03-12-2017 at 08:37 PM.
Old 03-14-2017, 12:20 PM   #1196
Rookie

Dskins81, i went back to ootb also, you are right, ratings do seem to matter more. I noticed something odd, in game options my level is set to all pro. I started doing something for the kicking game, during gameplay I started switching my controller over to my opponent before the scene plays out after 3rd down, so the computer controls my kicking and punting. I forgot to switch back and played a couple downs as my opponent. I noticed on a run play there was a visual aid, but I know I turned all aids off, so I paused to switch back to my team and noticed that my computer opponent was set to pro. Have you ever noticed that? I always thought that when I set my game level it was for both teams.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:16 PM   #1197
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
Dskins81, i went back to ootb also, you are right, ratings do seem to matter more. I noticed something odd, in game options my level is set to all pro. I started doing something for the kicking game, during gameplay I started switching my controller over to my opponent before the scene plays out after 3rd down, so the computer controls my kicking and punting. I forgot to switch back and played a couple downs as my opponent. I noticed on a run play there was a visual aid, but I know I turned all aids off, so I paused to switch back to my team and noticed that my computer opponent was set to pro. Have you ever noticed that? I always thought that when I set my game level it was for both teams.
Is this in Play now or CFM?
Are you using 2 controllers or 1?

In CFM,
I recall trying to switch my controller over in the games and it wouldn't allow it.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:20 PM   #1198
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

This is what I'm talking about, ootb, it's just more sim, imo.
I don't see the Ghost blocking glitch any more either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by picker19
I'm glad to see there are still a few out there playing OOTB. Personally, I think the game play is way more challenging. For sure there are things I wish I had with the patch, but in regards to pure game play and overall challenge from the CPU, I think OOTB still is way better.

I tried twice to get into the new patch, but the CPU had no run game still, and I was 5-0 with two different CFMs I tested. I went back to OOTB, restarted one of the CFMs, and was 2-3 in the same five games, not to mention the CPU ran all over me in a couple games. Also, I actually have fatigue and rotation on default fatigue, and I love how hard it is to win on the road.

Like I said, there are some good things with the new patch and some bugs with OOTB (like punting stats not being captured unless you sim one punt for each team per game), but in the end, it comes down to solid game play and if I feel challenged, and OOTB does that consistently for me. It's not perfect, but it's good enough!
Old 03-14-2017, 01:25 PM   #1199
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
Is this in Play now or CFM?
Are you using 2 controllers or 1?

In CFM,
I recall trying to switch my controller over in the games and it wouldn't allow it.
Play now, one controller.
Old 03-14-2017, 01:28 PM   #1200
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

This was the rotation(ootb)
Fatigue default 50
Auto subs:
HB 92/90, I've recently changed them to 88/86, as to not lose the #1HB late in games.
Also, keep in mind, the Playbook I gave the Run teams was Run Balanced. They ran for 150+ in each game I've given them this playbook.
Cons: Run balanced playbook, cpu tries to throw from the wildcat formation/position. They've completed 1 out of 6 of these on me. I guess it's like a trick play for the cpu, just not very effective.

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
This is a huge deal! Seeing the CPU and my team both almost split carries! It keeps the #1 HB fresh for later in drives and later in the games.
I know what 92/90 autosubs does now, ootb version

Last edited by D81SKINS; 03-14-2017 at 01:32 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »