M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) - Page 153 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-25-2017, 02:59 PM   #1217
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Thanks for the confirmation, Skins.

As I understand it, on XBO, you also cannot use custom playbooks with OOTB because when you delete the game to reinstall it to OOTB settings, you lose any downloaded custom playbooks. With the PS4, you can keep any rosters and playbooks you downloaded before deleting the game and use them wit the OOTB version of the game after you reinstall it.

I know for a fact that PS4 works this way because I tested it this morning, and I'm fairly certain my memory is correct on the XBO logistics.

For me, the inability to use downloaded custom books on XBO would make me much less likely to want to work with XBO 1.01. While I'd ideally like to be able to use formation subs, I would much rather retain the ability to use custom playbooks, so if I had to choose, I'd chose PS4's 1.0 over XBO's 1.01.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, btw.
Old 03-25-2017, 04:59 PM   #1218
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Thanks for the confirmation, Skins.

As I understand it, on XBO, you also cannot use custom playbooks with OOTB because when you delete the game to reinstall it to OOTB settings, you lose any downloaded custom playbooks. With the PS4, you can keep any rosters and playbooks you downloaded before deleting the game and use them wit the OOTB version of the game after you reinstall it.

I know for a fact that PS4 works this way because I tested it this morning, and I'm fairly certain my memory is correct on the XBO logistics.

For me, the inability to use downloaded custom books on XBO would make me much less likely to want to work with XBO 1.01. While I'd ideally like to be able to use formation subs, I would much rather retain the ability to use custom playbooks, so if I had to choose, I'd chose PS4's 1.0 over XBO's 1.01.

Please correct me if I'm wrong, btw.
I believe the Customs PB's are tied to the User Profile, so you should be able to use them on Xbox1. All I do is, delete the actual game and then reinstall, offline, to get the OOTB v1.01

My Custom books haven't been deleted.
Just as an fyi, I quit using Custom PB's, due to the amount of freezing and glitches when starting a game.
The CPU can still do very well though, w/ the Schemes and QB traits adjusted to match the player's skills.
I'm in my 4th season and still haven't made it to the Superbowl w/ my Skins. I can see the steady improvement from my young team though.
Once my O-line and D-line get some more A's and B's, WATCH OUT!
I'm developing all phases of my team through the draft.
4th season now, my D is rated 85 and O is 82, overall team rating: 82
So, it's to be expected that we're not quite there yet.
We are off to a 2-0 start though, which is better than my previous 3 seasons.
Old 03-27-2017, 08:22 AM   #1219
Pro

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I believe the Customs PB's are tied to the User Profile, so you should be able to use them on Xbox1. All I do is, delete the actual game and then reinstall, offline, to get the OOTB v1.01

My Custom books haven't been deleted.
Just as an fyi, I quit using Custom PB's, due to the amount of freezing and glitches when starting a game.
The CPU can still do very well though, w/ the Schemes and QB traits adjusted to match the player's skills.
I'm in my 4th season and still haven't made it to the Superbowl w/ my Skins. I can see the steady improvement from my young team though.
Once my O-line and D-line get some more A's and B's, WATCH OUT!
I'm developing all phases of my team through the draft.
4th season now, my D is rated 85 and O is 82, overall team rating: 82
So, it's to be expected that we're not quite there yet.
We are off to a 2-0 start though, which is better than my previous 3 seasons.
I've deleted and reinstalled twice and the custom playbooks I made prior to deletion are still there.
Old 03-29-2017, 01:51 PM   #1220
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

So all that matters, is,
Did you create the Custom PB's on X1 or PS4?
Since it's tied to the profile and not the game itself.

Also, if you go back to the OOTB version, like some have, including me.
I would recommend resetting the gameplay sliders once your in CFM. It has worked everytime for me, game just feels and plays better than any Patched versions.
I also recommend giving Mobile Qbs the Spread scheme. They've been running and Passing much better in this scheme.
I just played Dallas in the 4th yr of CFM and Zek had 97yds rushing but he also had over 100yds receiving(mostly on screens!)
Dak(83ovr) threw 5tds! And was still right under 300 yds passing. He was playing like A-Rod in MVP form.
Btw, Cowboys backup HB had 120yds rushing. Both HBs had 10+ carries, split fairly even.
This was, OOTB and Autosubs 88/86 for the CPU HBs.
Old 03-30-2017, 10:00 AM   #1221
MVP

OVR: 8

If I uninstall does it erase any of my saved data?

Also, after un-installing, you are recommending default sliders?

If you could post your current settings, that would be great.

thanks.
Old 03-30-2017, 11:58 AM   #1222
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by enyc718
If I uninstall does it erase any of my saved data?

Also, after un-installing, you are recommending default sliders?

If you could post your current settings, that would be great.

thanks.
No, just uninstall the game and then reinstall "offline". Your CFM, profile, etc will still be there.

All-Pro(Normal gamespeed)
Only sliders I've changed, was the
User/CPU
Int: 35/30
&
Penalties(listed on OP)
Penalties: (user preference)
On
On
On
On
also add the CPU/Coach of the team I'm facing, so I can adjust the Autosubs(HB, DT, DE, etc), Schemes, depth charts, and Playbooks. Remember to move either your #1 CB to #2 or the CPU's #1 WR to #2. I just do my CB's, it's easier.

So it's like 32 team control but I'm just doing it for the teams I'm facing, week to week. I retire them after or before playing, it doesn't matter when, the autosubs, schemes, and Playbooks still stick.

And I also edit QB traits.
So it's not really default settings or sliders.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 03-30-2017 at 12:02 PM.
Old 04-02-2017, 09:11 AM   #1223
All Star

Trojan Man's Arena

OVR: 33

Just popping in to say that after more extensive testing, I'm floored by how much more organic and engaging the OOTB experience is.

The CPU is much more competitive and intelligent, even on AP, with OOTB settings.

Basically, this year, they made a sim game straight out of the gate and they made the CPU lethal on AP. They built HUM and CPU QBs to miss throws, receivers to drop balls sometimes, injuries to be a significant part of the game, and the overall AI to adapt to what you do--on All Pro at near default sliders.

I strongly believe that what happened is this: people complained that the game was hard, and they dialed back all the things that made the game competitive on AP out of the box. They made CPU QBs too accurate; WR/TE too reliable, especially in traffic; coverage too loose to be effective, and the CPU offensive and defensive AI generally less intelligent and responsive. And I think most of these changes were pandering to the MUT/tournament crowd.

I'm now in a position to be able to play this game till fall, but I'm also worried that next year, they'll make the game less sim OOTB in order to "correct" for this year's experience, where the development team got dragged for basically making a good football game.

For the skeptics out there, if you haven't given this a go, please do!
Old 04-02-2017, 05:41 PM   #1224
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trojan Man
Just popping in to say that after more extensive testing, I'm floored by how much more organic and engaging the OOTB experience is.

The CPU is much more competitive and intelligent, even on AP, with OOTB settings.

Basically, this year, they made a sim game straight out of the gate and they made the CPU lethal on AP. They built HUM and CPU QBs to miss throws, receivers to drop balls sometimes, injuries to be a significant part of the game, and the overall AI to adapt to what you do--on All Pro at near default sliders.

I strongly believe that what happened is this: people complained that the game was hard, and they dialed back all the things that made the game competitive on AP out of the box. They made CPU QBs too accurate; WR/TE too reliable, especially in traffic; coverage too loose to be effective, and the CPU offensive and defensive AI generally less intelligent and responsive. And I think most of these changes were pandering to the MUT/tournament crowd.

I'm now in a position to be able to play this game till fall, but I'm also worried that next year, they'll make the game less sim OOTB in order to "correct" for this year's experience, where the development team got dragged for basically making a good football game.

For the skeptics out there, if you haven't given this a go, please do!
Ok going to try this tonight.

Really don't want to go back to testing mode so are you using default all pro here with injury 50/50 fatigue 50/50. Normal speed 50 threshold.
Cheers

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »