M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) - Page 32 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-18-2016, 05:15 PM   #249
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

I've had success improving CPU play and my CPU controlled players by tailoring the coaching schemes and position settings under My Coach. I think this has more of an impact then the actual player's settings.

For example, I played a game against PIT where Roethlisberger was out hurt. Gradkowski was the backup. B/c of his low THP I set him to West Coast. I gave PIT a RUN playbook and set the offense to Zone Run.

During the game PIT ran the ball effectively in the first half. In the second half I focused on stopping the run, forcing them to pass more. As for Gradkowski, he took a few intermediate shots, but for the most part used short to medium passes to move the ball. I didn't change a single one of his traits.

I'm still playing around with the theory of adjusting schemes and position styles to see what really works.

On a side note, whenever I read through the various slider threads I see a lot of different experiences from various folks (me included). I'm beginning to believe that when we change sliders we alter how the game plays beyond the effect the sliders are intended to play. Perhaps it somehow screws up the programming and as such makes it difficult to find a uniform adjusted set. For this reason, default may very well be the best way to go.
Old 09-18-2016, 05:37 PM   #250
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
I've had success improving CPU play and my CPU controlled players by tailoring the coaching schemes and position settings under My Coach. I think this has more of an impact then the actual player's settings.

For example, I played a game against PIT where Roethlisberger was out hurt. Gradkowski was the backup. B/c of his low THP I set him to West Coast. I gave PIT a RUN playbook and set the offense to Zone Run.

During the game PIT ran the ball effectively in the first half. In the second half I focused on stopping the run, forcing them to pass more. As for Gradkowski, he took a few intermediate shots, but for the most part used short to medium passes to move the ball. I didn't change a single one of his traits.

I'm still playing around with the theory of adjusting schemes and position styles to see what really works.

On a side note, whenever I read through the various slider threads I see a lot of different experiences from various folks (me included). I'm beginning to believe that when we change sliders we alter how the game plays beyond the effect the sliders are intended to play. Perhaps it somehow screws up the programming and as such makes it difficult to find a uniform adjusted set. For this reason, default may very well be the best way to go.
It's a sweet thing to see how good the cpu plays when you have the scheme and traits alignment correctly for the QBs, and I'm sure having the other players traits and schemes aligned has a GOOD impact for the cpu as well.

So player traits and scheme position matching should help.

This along w/ Custom or Generic PBs is really the best gameplay I've faced from the CPU in Madden history (dating back to SEGGAAA!).

I love the challenge I've been getting!
I'm really 3-8 because I'm still trying to break bad habits from Maddens past (even M16).
If I can reduce MY turnovers by 1 or more per gm, I'll be winning these games.
It's been the most fun I've had losing in years lol
Old 09-19-2016, 12:55 PM   #251
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Finally put together a game without multiple turnovers!
We win the turnover battle, we win the game! At least in this game we did.
We finally came out and got a lead early, sad to see both qbs go down to injuries, and I was up 24-3 when my qb(Cousins got hurt, scrambling away from pressure, completed the pass while getting hit. Out 7 wks partial acl tear). Palmer went down 1st, from getting creamed on a screen pass(out 6 wks, dislocated ankle).
So Drew Stanton comes in for them and turns into Mr. Clutch in the 4th, scoring 21pts!
So it's tied 24-24 and they had the momentum.
We win the toss!
March down to the 2 and get stopped on 4th down!
They get the ball, backed up on their 2.
They call a screen on 1st dwn. I sniff it out with the D-lineman and force the qb to hold it and he gets hit and FUMBLE!
Kerrigan recovers it for the game winning TD! Nice to win a game on defense!
Kerrigan had his game of the year! 6 tak, 2tfls, 1 sack, 2 ff, 1 fum recovery for the TD to win! He made defensive player of the week in the NFC!
Final 30-24 Skins move to 4-8! Can we finish the season hot and play spoiler for the rest of the season.
14743031252811200038895.jpg

Scouting out these QBs, looks like 3 or 4 solid qbs entering the draft.
For the time being, signed Manziel, going to run more of a traditional west coast offense w/ him. I know what McCoy can do, playing all of preseason and the 1st 2 weeks of the season with him.

Here's my game scores a
Vs Steelers L-24-26
Vs Cowboys L-26-32
@ Giants L-10-15
Vs Browns W-40-14
@ Ravens L-30-32
Vs Eagles L-24-27
@ Lions L-7-17
@ Bengals W-16-13
Bye week
Vs Vikings W-27-17
@ Cowboys L-26-27 (still no division win this season!)
@Cardinals W-30-24OT
(Record 4-8)
4 games remaining
@ Eagles(7-5)
Vs Panthers (5-7)
@ Bears (5-7)
Vs Giants (6-6)

So 8-8 is doable, all year we've faced winning teams and struggled to win.
Captain Kirk may not be the qb of the future, we'll see

Other Stats

Points per gm: 22.8 (22nd)
Points allwd gm: 23.4 (13th)

Passing
278 yds per gm(6th)
228 allowed per(3rd)

Rushing
106 per gm(16th)
107 allowed per(15th)

Stats and games are so close it usually comes down to the turnover battle.

Also guys!
Haven't seen any blocked kicks(punts, fgs, or XPs)since update, anyone else offline notice this in Franchise?

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-19-2016 at 01:23 PM.
Old 09-19-2016, 01:45 PM   #252
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

I gave Cardinals the Run N Shoot
They did seem pass heavy but we're down 24-3 before marching back.
No way guys can tell how the games are playing out only playing a half or less. You have to finish the whole game and look at the body of work over seasons, not quarters or games here or there.
I'm getting these results with Default All-Pro(reset Gameplay sliders). Adjusted CPU playcalling, playbook matching to schemes and traits.
Anyway, just wanted to let everyone know they ran apx 5 screens on 3rd and longs. I caught onto it late and won lol.
I think what happened is the CPU was setup for Aggressive, Vertical offense, so on screens they hold it looking downfield 1st and then the HB is the last option.
I'm wondering how a balanced conservative qb does on screen passes?
Old 09-19-2016, 02:18 PM   #253
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Nevermind on not seeing blocked kicks now!
Down 0-3 in the 2nd vs the Eagles
They hold us on 3rd dwn and we att. A 52yd fg and this happens! OMG seen any in awhile lol
1474308786078-841498974.jpg

Norman just got an int for us!
DEFENSE!!
Old 09-19-2016, 03:16 PM   #254
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Nice solid win! Manziel made some bad throws but it was always pinning them back. He also broke out of sacks and kept drives alive! Which was awesome to see!

Final @ Eagles W -24-20!
1474312192747-1373196641.jpg

Go to 5-8, 3 more to win!
Old 09-20-2016, 06:29 AM   #255
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

How do you make this all work without the use of a 2nd controller?

Seeing how good my CLE team plays in CPU vs CPU games (using generic playbooks) is making me think that we might be 10-6 and in the AFC Championship game because of the CPU's play calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 11:49 AM   #256
Only 7 Patients Lost

Doctor_Doom's Arena

Hey Skins, so my understanding is you play everything on default All Pro and only adjust the CPU playbooks, auto subs, etc.

Is that correct?

I'm trying to figure out why McCown and Kessler have been killing it for me. I lead the league in offense (sigh) with my tattered defense I should be giving up 30+ a game. Currently using JoshC's sliders and trying to remedy. Not sure I want to move to All Madden but I may have to. We shall see.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »