M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) - Page 33 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-20-2016, 12:07 PM   #257
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor_Doom
Hey Skins, so my understanding is you play everything on default All Pro and only adjust the CPU playbooks, auto subs, etc.

Is that correct?

I'm trying to figure out why McCown and Kessler have been killing it for me. I lead the league in offense (sigh) with my tattered defense I should be giving up 30+ a game. Currently using JoshC's sliders and trying to remedy. Not sure I want to move to All Madden but I may have to. We shall see.
Yes AP default, also never changed anything in the MM.

I'm sure whats making it easy for you and almost everyone that plays enough games vs the cpu on default playbooks
Is that playing vs the CPU has become predictable for you.
So when you see certain defensive schemes the cpu does, you automatically know how to beat it.

Test a game on AP default (reset the gameplay sliders in CFM), give the CPU a Generic Balanced or Run N Gun(vs mobile qbs).
Also on defense, give them a generic defense based of the coaches scheme.
I promise it will change EVERYTHING lol

Its not like the CPU lacks skills, they lack variety and the ability to make it a true chess match for us.
Changing to Custom PBs can really make the cpu tough to face.
Just look at these stats since using the Custom PBs or Generics.

Points per gm: 22.8 (22nd)
Points allwd gm: 23.4 (13th)

Passing
278 yds per gm(6th)
228 allowed per(3rd)

Rushing
106 per gm(16th)
107 allowed per(15th)

Stats and games are so close it usually comes down to the turnover battle.

I promise you going to All-Madden won't help your need for a more intelligent gameplan by the CPU. They just become overly skilled.
Test this out before going down the All-Madden road.
You won't be disappointed

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-20-2016 at 12:35 PM.
Old 09-20-2016, 12:25 PM   #258
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan
How do you make this all work without the use of a 2nd controller?

Seeing how good my CLE team plays in CPU vs CPU games (using generic playbooks) is making me think that we might be 10-6 and in the AFC Championship game because of the CPU's play calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same as 32 team control, except I only adjust the team Im facing. So create a coach for the team your facing(use existing coach). I adjust them from there (autosubs, depth chart, qb traits, schemes)
Just go to the coaching scheme to change them to a generic PB on offense and defense.

See guys the thing is, the cpu has good enough skills to pass, run, make us miss, etc.
What they lack is the ability to keep us guessing, they become predictable and stale!
Why?
Because the CPU gameplans are weak by default. Just go to the Main Menu and go to Customize and pick a teams default PB, go to the gameplan tab and see just how weak they are.
Look at the 3rd and Longs, 4th and Longs
Look at the 2min drill lol and redzone calls.
Almost all teams(exception to NE Coach PB and Eagles PB) have the same similar gameplanning.

It's my belief that the CPU skills are fine but it's the lack of true gameplanning that hurts them the most.
Old 09-20-2016, 01:04 PM   #259
Rookie

Do you have a guide on qb traits to edit so they play like themselves?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-20-2016, 08:08 PM   #260
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

OVR: 22

The dream season comes to an end in the AFC Championship game. Went 10-6 in the regular season and defeated DEN 34-17 in the divisional round to get my 2017 CLE into the AFCCG.

It's only one game since creating a new character and adjusting PBs and auto-subs but had I done it earlier, I'm sure we wouldn't have been in the playoffs let alone the conference title game lol

On to the offseason. I'm excited about 2018 though after spending experience on my key rookies who started or saw significant playing time in 2017

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-20-2016 at 08:10 PM.
Old 09-21-2016, 03:00 PM   #261
Purple People Eaters!!

SpectreBugg's Arena

OVR: 2

Alex Smith 30 out of 33... yikes... ^^^

im wondering, do you use the second controller method and assigning playbooks in the controller select screen only because you are using custom playbooks instead of the generic ones? reason i ask is because in armor and swords thread, he only mentions going into the teams scheme and changing the playbook there(which seems to be working great for me so far).

Also, Is there any plan to come up with a list of defensive playbooks(similar to Armor's offensive playbook list) for each team?
Old 09-21-2016, 04:05 PM   #262
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectreBugg
Alex Smith 30 out of 33... yikes... ^^^

im wondering, do you use the second controller method and assigning playbooks in the controller select screen only because you are using custom playbooks instead of the generic ones? reason i ask is because in armor and swords thread, he only mentions going into the teams scheme and changing the playbook there(which seems to be working great for me so far).

Also, Is there any plan to come up with a list of defensive playbooks(similar to Armor's offensive playbook list) for each team?

I don't use the second controller. I just create a character and become my opponent's existing coach, change the playbook to a generic in scheme and update their auto sub. I then switch back to my team and watch the game.

Whatever type of defensive scheme my opponent runs, I'll switch to that generic playbook

Old 09-21-2016, 04:07 PM   #263
Rookie

Billy Batson's Arena

hey skins, i tried searching the thread for it but couldnt find anything.

do you go about a certain way to setting up the rating system when making custom playbooks or do you just ignore that?
UNLV Rebels
Newcastle United
LV Black Knights?
Old 09-21-2016, 06:51 PM   #264
Hall Of Fame

NoleFan's Arena

First game of the 2018 preseason against PHI

CLE
Off: West Coast
Def: 3-4

PHI
Off: Balanced
Def: 3-4

Last edited by NoleFan; 09-21-2016 at 06:53 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »