Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #281
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Are you making adjustments in both MM & CFM?

I did a test where I maxed out every penalty slider in MM. In CFM I hit reset and left everything at default. I did't see any difference in the penalties called. This leads me to believe that the supposed effect of MM settings in CFM may not actually be there (at least as it pertains to penalties called).

Also, are you resetting the sliders after each game and exiting out of the game before starting the next game? As strange as that might seem, I've been doing that in order to keep things consistent. I've found that games tend to play easier the longer you go between resetting and restarting the game.
I don't change anything in the MM, even when I did it really didn't seem to carry over to CFM anyway.
I thought of resetting them before each game and re-entering them as I have them now.
Last 2 games the sliders were reset b/c I was testing out AM. So the game loaded with the sliders being newly setup before each game.
I do think your safe if you don't adjust something after setting them up. If your going to change something, reset them 1st and then re-enter the new values.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2016, 12:42 AM   #282
Rookie

OVR: 2
Icon12 Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Played another game. I don't have time to load up all the stats, but I wanted to share some impressions.

DAL (me) v WAS 24-18!!! (had to add the emphasis seeing how you're a Redskins fan)

Before the game I reset the sliders in CFM. I created a WAS coach, assigned generic play books and changed schemes. I went into the roster and changed the player schemes to fit the coach scheme settings (not concerned with overalls, more trying to get players to play a certain way). I also changed some of the traits.

Without going into too much detail, essentially I gave all receivers aggressive catch and aggressive plays the ball in the air. I changed all DBs to conservative plays the ball in the air, drops open catches and strips the ball.

There were also changes to other positions. I might detail those in a later post.

To the game we go...

Like the first one, this played out a nail bitter. I was off to a good start defensively. In WAS' 1st possession, I came out determined to stop the run. Keyed on the run, they passed the ball. After 1st down, I managed a stop. On 3rd & short they completed a pass, but were called for holding. Thinking they might try something deep to Jackson I sent in my dime D. I went man with a safety deep over the top of Jackson. Sure enough Cousins threw deep down the right sideline. Because my safety was deep he was able to stay ahead of Jackson and make the INT!

1 of my team goals was to gain 150yds rushing. So with that in mind I focused on the run. After some early success, Elliott was stuffed on 3rd &1.

After trading a couple of punts, I managed a drive late in the 2d and scored a TD with Elliott on 3rd down off right tackle.

On a crossing route I didn't see the DB underneath and threw a pick 6 right to him. On another drive WAS managed a FG.

I stopped WAS again and with under a minute to go and 3 TOs I decided to try and get in FG range. On a deep throw I over threw Williams and was picked off by a deep safety (sound familiar?)

I managed to stop WAS using my TOs. I got the ball in decent field position and with 1 second left went for a hail mary. Picked off again by a deep safety.

7-10 at the half.

The second half saw more of a back and forth defensive slog.

WAS managed another FG. 7-13

I finally hit Dez on a crossing route for a TD. 14-13.

Got another TD in the 4th, when Morris powers in (sound familiar?) and was feeling good about the win. 21-13

WAS then puts together a solid drive and scores a TD, adding the 2 PT conversion. 21-18

I try to run out the clock, but they shut down my running game.

They get the ball back and I'm nervous with my pass D. They start to drive, getting down to around my 12. Cousins drops back and with nothing open and my LDE barreling in on him, he dumps off in the flat. My D swarms and stops the receiver at the 6. GAME OVER!

Each side had 3 penalties. WAS had 1 injury (out 5 weeks). The game felt like it could go either way. I was able to shut down their run game, but at the expense of the passing game. Only late did focus on the passing game. I was determined to run the ball, but couldn't. A few good runs, but nothing consistent. I saw a number of subs throughout. I was playing on 9 minutes (have since decided to raise it to 10).

Overall the game felt good and challenging. Issues continue to be the line play. In this game I controlled DT2. It was hard for any of my linemen to get off blocks (especially DTs). Also, the CPU kicking game is still too good. Every FG (even though there was a 12mph cross breeze) splits the uprights.

I'd like to see more penalties. That reminds me, I changed every player to undisciplined. Also, a few more injuries, and not just ones that have the player out a few weeks. I might try playing without changing the play books and see how that shacks out.

I'm liking what I'm seeing and think this is moving in the right direction.
Old 09-28-2016, 09:30 PM   #283
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpd3892
Played another game. I don't have time to load up all the stats, but I wanted to share some impressions.

DAL (me) v WAS 24-18!!! (had to add the emphasis seeing how you're a Redskins fan)

Before the game I reset the sliders in CFM. I created a WAS coach, assigned generic play books and changed schemes. I went into the roster and changed the player schemes to fit the coach scheme settings (not concerned with overalls, more trying to get players to play a certain way). I also changed some of the traits.

Without going into too much detail, essentially I gave all receivers aggressive catch and aggressive plays the ball in the air. I changed all DBs to conservative plays the ball in the air, drops open catches and strips the ball.

There were also changes to other positions. I might detail those in a later post.

To the game we go...

Like the first one, this played out a nail bitter. I was off to a good start defensively. In WAS' 1st possession, I came out determined to stop the run. Keyed on the run, they passed the ball. After 1st down, I managed a stop. On 3rd & short they completed a pass, but were called for holding. Thinking they might try something deep to Jackson I sent in my dime D. I went man with a safety deep over the top of Jackson. Sure enough Cousins threw deep down the right sideline. Because my safety was deep he was able to stay ahead of Jackson and make the INT!

1 of my team goals was to gain 150yds rushing. So with that in mind I focused on the run. After some early success, Elliott was stuffed on 3rd &1.

After trading a couple of punts, I managed a drive late in the 2d and scored a TD with Elliott on 3rd down off right tackle.

On a crossing route I didn't see the DB underneath and threw a pick 6 right to him. On another drive WAS managed a FG.

I stopped WAS again and with under a minute to go and 3 TOs I decided to try and get in FG range. On a deep throw I over threw Williams and was picked off by a deep safety (sound familiar?)

I managed to stop WAS using my TOs. I got the ball in decent field position and with 1 second left went for a hail mary. Picked off again by a deep safety.

7-10 at the half.

The second half saw more of a back and forth defensive slog.

WAS managed another FG. 7-13

I finally hit Dez on a crossing route for a TD. 14-13.

Got another TD in the 4th, when Morris powers in (sound familiar?) and was feeling good about the win. 21-13

WAS then puts together a solid drive and scores a TD, adding the 2 PT conversion. 21-18

I try to run out the clock, but they shut down my running game.

They get the ball back and I'm nervous with my pass D. They start to drive, getting down to around my 12. Cousins drops back and with nothing open and my LDE barreling in on him, he dumps off in the flat. My D swarms and stops the receiver at the 6. GAME OVER!

Each side had 3 penalties. WAS had 1 injury (out 5 weeks). The game felt like it could go either way. I was able to shut down their run game, but at the expense of the passing game. Only late did focus on the passing game. I was determined to run the ball, but couldn't. A few good runs, but nothing consistent. I saw a number of subs throughout. I was playing on 9 minutes (have since decided to raise it to 10).

Overall the game felt good and challenging. Issues continue to be the line play. In this game I controlled DT2. It was hard for any of my linemen to get off blocks (especially DTs). Also, the CPU kicking game is still too good. Every FG (even though there was a 12mph cross breeze) splits the uprights.

I'd like to see more penalties. That reminds me, I changed every player to undisciplined. Also, a few more injuries, and not just ones that have the player out a few weeks. I might try playing without changing the play books and see how that shacks out.

I'm liking what I'm seeing and think this is moving in the right direction.
Man! Just had to rub it in lol
Well, Dallas did beat us but I don't see it happening twice ; )

Test my latest penalties, they are a good balance.
Now I have to go update them on the OP.

Also toned down ints caught by defenders 30-35 is a good starting point for ints. I still saw 2 ints caught off of deflections (this could be due to the tuner allowing more ints off of deflections)
That's why I turned ints down (mainly due to the sticky-handed Defenders)
And really a safety out running D-Jax? Who was the Deep safety?
I guess if the Safety had an angle and sprinted right back deep, idk I'd have to see the game tape lol, for further review....

Everytime I play a division game with these, the game feels like a classic lol.
Much how your game went!
Few minor adjustments will only help these.

Good feedback bro, what was the injury trait? I've never looked for that.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:41 PM   #284
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Latest Updates on top of OP
9/28/16
-Improved variety and amount of penalties called

-reduced amount of ints caught, tuner actually improved ints off deflections, so turning it down has worked out well.

- Defense is even stronger with the improved run D.

- Stamina means alot(so my adjusted autosubs pays dividends)

- Qb traits(@ default with week 2 rosters) is really not bad with most of the Qbs.
Hopefully the qb scrambling will be tuned in the " Big Patch "

- Playbooks, this may just turn into a "user preference", some teams have decent team PBs, some teams do better with Run N Gun(mobile qbs).
Basically any PB that has lower amount of 4 verticals(in all situations, 3rd & Lng, 4th & Lng, 2min drill).

If your not into the custom Playbook stuff, just change the coaching scheme by creating a coach for that team, then retire him. At least control the team before you play.
You can adjust autosubs
Depth Charts
3rd dwn HBs
And any other anomalies that pop up.

I'm getting into fine tweaking, awaiting the Big Patch to fix things that sliders don't.
Old 09-28-2016, 10:53 PM   #285
Rookie

OVR: 2

Unfortunately it'll be a few days before I get a chance to play again (darn job). I'll give some of these adjustments a try. I think you are definitely on point about division games. I recall a few Maddens ago where they came out and stated rivalry games would play tougher. I guess that continues to carry forward.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2016, 08:47 PM   #286
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

1st win of this new season!
32-14 win vs Giants
I moved Norman to the number 2 slot and he faced OBJ alot more and managed to hold him to 1 catch but 1td also.
I also highlighted OBJ when in Zone and Eli looked elsewhere.
Still 0ints caught and there were a 3 or 4 dropped.

Slight increase in the INT slider next game
User/CPU
33/33

Notice how the CPU rotated HBs, good to see it working with autosubs
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1475195789413-469466415.jpg (560.2 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg 14751959944131605006125.jpg (583.4 KB, 68 views)
File Type: jpg 1475196077477-1683246414.jpg (566.4 KB, 67 views)

Last edited by D81SKINS; 09-29-2016 at 08:50 PM.
Old 09-29-2016, 08:53 PM   #287
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Btw I used the NE Coach PB and it is really good for my TE's.
I can run or pass out of these 2 TE sets. I was only sacked 2x.
Old 09-29-2016, 09:37 PM   #288
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Next game vs Browns (Kessler @ Qb)
Ints
33/33
Fatigue 55 (dont want to see starters sitting at the end of games, this should help a bit)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »