M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) - Page 66 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-30-2016, 12:46 PM   #521
MVP
 
tc020791's Arena
 
OVR: 1
Join Date: Sep 2010
M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

So after fooling around with sliders a little. I decided to go back to straight default all-pro. Though it does feel like DBs catch a few too many balls, I feel as though when I lower INT that coverage is being hurt as well. With that being said, this was an extremely fun game on straight up default. I did however make a few adjustments in order to give myself a little more realistic challenge on All-Pro. On offense I went with the new zoom camera, instead of the classic one, and I really went through my progressions. I usually just look at the entire field and find the open player but that's just not realistic. On the zoomed in view, I'm not able to see as much of the field, and I'm only really looking at one part of the field at a time. Where as before I was able to see the entire field at once. This also makes finding holes in the running game, especially to the outside, much tougher. On the other side of the ball I'm now playing strictly with player lock on. Similar to no switch, this gives you a better feel for defense and doesn't allow you to just ran all over the place. You aren't able to see the entire play developing from above in player lock. This makes you stay in your gaps and true to your assignment more often. I also gave Seattle a base 4-3 PB since they don't blitz very often. I will only leave teams with their original PB and allow them to go blitz crazy if they blitz over 35% of the time IRL according to this article --- http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2..._nfl_team.html



This game I was the Dolphins and it was a really great defensive game, 14-10 going into the the 4th. But my D let up, and a couple of costly turnovers turned into an ugly loss quick, though it was much closer than the scoreboard insists. This game was pretty crazy on the defensive side of things. It saw a total of 10 turnovers, yes 10, 5 by each side. Along with 11 sacks, 6 by Miami and 5 by Seattle. Myself, as Miami, had 3 picks and 2 fumbles, while Seattle had 4 picks and 1 fumble. Russ threw a lot the first 3 quarters, as they didn't get heir ground game going til the 4th. Rawls fumble was really neat as well, and something I hadn't seen before. When it was scooped up by my DT around the 20 yard line, he was immediately stripped by Russel Wilson, so 2 fumbles on the same play. The play ended with Kiko Alonso scooping the fumble up on the run and taking it the final 20 yards for 6 points. Crazy play.



8 minute quarters
Default Everything All-Pro
CPU Def PB - Base 4-3 (Less Blitzing)
I was Miami
119 plays
68 passing
40 rushing
11 sacks





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by tc020791; 11-30-2016 at 12:50 PM.
tc020791 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #522
MVP
 
D81SKINS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tc020791
So after fooling around with sliders a little. I decided to go back to straight default all-pro. Though it does feel like DBs catch a few too many balls, I feel as though when I lower INT that coverage is being hurt as well. With that being said, this was an extremely fun game on straight up default. I did however make a few adjustments in order to give myself a little more realistic challenge on All-Pro. On offense I went with the new zoom camera, instead of the classic one, and I really went through my progressions. I usually just look at the entire field and find the open player but that's just not realistic. On the zoomed in view, I'm not able to see as much of the field, and I'm only really looking at one part of the field at a time. Where as before I was able to see the entire field at once. This also makes finding holes in the running game, especially to the outside, much tougher. On the other side of the ball I'm now playing strictly with player lock on. Similar to no switch, this gives you a better feel for defense and doesn't allow you to just ran all over the place. You aren't able to see the entire play developing from above in player lock. This makes you stay in your gaps and true to your assignment more often. I also gave Seattle a base 4-3 PB since they don't blitz very often. I will only leave teams with their original PB and allow them to go blitz crazy if they blitz over 35% of the time IRL according to this article --- http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2..._nfl_team.html



This game I was the Dolphins and it was a really great defensive game, 14-10 going into the the 4th. But my D let up, and a couple of costly turnovers turned into an ugly loss quick, though it was much closer than the scoreboard insists. This game was pretty crazy on the defensive side of things. It saw a total of 10 turnovers, yes 10, 5 by each side. Along with 11 sacks, 6 by Miami and 5 by Seattle. Myself, as Miami, had 3 picks and 2 fumbles, while Seattle had 4 picks and 1 fumble. Russ threw a lot the first 3 quarters, as they didn't get heir ground game going til the 4th. Rawls fumble was really neat as well, and something I hadn't seen before. When it was scooped up by my DT around the 20 yard line, he was immediately stripped by Russel Wilson, so 2 fumbles on the same play. The play ended with Kiko Alonso scooping the fumble up on the run and taking it the final 20 yards for 6 points. Crazy play.



8 minute quarters
Default Everything All-Pro
CPU Def PB - Base 4-3 (Less Blitzing)
I was Miami
119 plays
68 passing
40 rushing
11 sacks





Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nice! look at those realistic QB %'s!
The only thing I changed,
I ended up turning the ints down to 30, seems to have allowed for more pass breakups and knockdowns. Actually with it at 30 now, I may only see 1 or 2ints caught on avg. per gm. vs 4-5 avg on default.
So far, I've still seen solid defense, so it's good to know that the lower int doesn't cripple the pass D. It seems to only affect how often the defense catches the ball
D81SKINS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:33 PM   #523
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Oct 2016
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
There is a thread on the main page with the list

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
Thank you sir. Took a look at them and it doesn't look like anything drastic, hopefully it doesn't screw the set I'm using up
jm22mast is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:39 PM   #524
MVP
 
D81SKINS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

FYI,
The last several pgs of everyone's game stats are w/o any updates, offline, and on the disc version only. Basically, the game as it is ootb (out of the box).
We or I haven't seen enough improvements w/ the latest patch to go back online/connected.

Enjoy realistic qb%'s, better cpu special teams, and overall the game is more organic w/ the disc version.
D81SKINS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #525
Pro
 
gman2774's Arena
 
OVR: 4
Join Date: Mar 2004
Posts: 788
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
FYI,
The last several pgs of everyone's game stats are w/o any updates, offline, and on the disc version only. Basically, the game as it is ootb (out of the box).
We or I haven't seen enough improvements w/ the latest patch to go back online/connected.

Enjoy realistic qb%'s, better cpu special teams, and overall the game is more organic w/ the disc version.
Cool stuff D81Skins. I'm tempted to give this another shot. However, the first time I tried I couldn't get over the bad aspects of QB play ootb. Specifically holding the ball to long and taking bad sacks, strip QB fumbles (which were several per game), and very limited QB scramble. For me, those issues outweighed the benefit of having inaccurate passes on occasion. Do you just overlook these issues?
gman2774 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:06 PM   #526
MVP
 
D81SKINS's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Dec 2014
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcoons22
Cool stuff D81Skins. I'm tempted to give this another shot. However, the first time I tried I couldn't get over the bad aspects of QB play ootb. Specifically holding the ball to long and taking bad sacks, strip QB fumbles (which were several per game), and very limited QB scramble. For me, those issues outweighed the benefit of having inaccurate passes on occasion. Do you just overlook these issues?
I think some guys are getting confused about the actual ootb version vs the Day 1 Madden released with Updates.

If you just scroll back through the last 5 or so pgs. You'll see Noone of us have seen any of the issues you speak of, actually the opposite. These guys have been playing hardcore too! I'm talking full seasons within a matter of a few weeks. We are loving the qb play, which is at its best w/ the ootb disc version, no updates. Completely d/c'D from the online world lol.

They've even gone as far as keeping the updated roster and deleting everything else and rebooting the disc version ootb/offline

Last edited by D81SKINS; 11-30-2016 at 02:08 PM.
D81SKINS is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:08 PM   #527
Pro
 
tyler28's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

I dont see any of the above issues. I think those issues started after the day one patch because they arent on the ootb version. I dont see the outside run issue either.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
tyler28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 02:11 PM   #528
Pro
 
tyler28's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Ohio
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

I think tue day one patch is the biggest issue to messing up the foundation. I do remember all those issues but i always had the patch. I just recently deleted everything and those issues arent there.

We are playing on 100% ootb.

Sent from my SM-G860P using Tapatalk
tyler28 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:13 PM.

Top -