Home

M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

This is a discussion on M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2016, 02:16 AM   #745
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: M17 Custom CPU PBs & Default All-Pro(DSkins81)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
I've played all my games on slow, which is also the ootb setting.
I believe it allows for better defense, lower scores.

Just a thought,
Wonder how slow w/ 80 or so speed threshold work?

what do you guys think so far with slow vs normal vs fast?
I had played all my games on slow as well, and very slow before that when using TNK's set. This was the first I played on fast, and I haven't played on normal.

I was curious about it as Tyler said it could possibly be a middle ground between All-Pro and All-Madden. I haven't really noticed to much difference so far, I was just looking for a slight challenge increase without going to AM.

I will say that collisions and bounce offs look slightly better...maybe lol. I will say there is a slight improvement in say tackles/falling down. Where they sometimes look a little awkward on slow they look a bit more normal on fast.

Edit: Playing game 2 in Buffalo now.

Join us in the 3K Gaming Discord for the best Sim Sports Setups!!
3K Gaming Discord

Check out my 6-League NYC Universe Chise in the Discord and my YouTube!
Denny 3K Gaming

Last edited by HighCmpPct; 12-07-2016 at 02:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 02:19 AM   #746
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Lol after the first play of this game, I think I'll jump out and say the CPU runs better on fast, and uses moves better as well.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Old 12-07-2016, 02:48 AM   #747
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Tyrod Taylor just scrambled on me! He didn't gain any yards because there was a LB right there, but nothing open he scrambles out right looking to run there's a LB sitting back waiting on him so he stretches it and runs out of bounds for no gain.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Old 12-07-2016, 06:39 AM   #748
MVP

tyler28's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighCmpPct
Tyrod Taylor just scrambled on me! He didn't gain any yards because there was a LB right there, but nothing open he scrambles out right looking to run there's a LB sitting back waiting on him so he stretches it and runs out of bounds for no gain.
On fast, it feels pretty good. I know slider guys. Change threshold when changing speeds. Could be something to test.

I just played the jags on all pro fast. I was gb so im a better team by far to be fair. I won 32-10 but some things looked real good. The jags held me to 6 fgs. I could not get in the endzone. That was nice to see.

Also i have 20 carries for only 80 yrds w lacy. Jags really played like an nfl team, i just dominated the TOP. Rodgers stats were dead on.

Bortles tried to scramble once..lol. i dont think the scrambling is fixed on ootb. However, The qbs do move around more and sometimes take off. The pocket presence is really whats different. Lots of lateral movement and ellusiveness. Its more so on all madden i see qbs run. Im not sure why. I think the pressure is better on all madden and it forces a decision quicker, so the qb starts moving and will take off at times.

Things feel really smooth on all pro fast.

Ive started a cfm w the packers, ill post some stats. 1-0 so far lol.

For the record i tried to start it on all madden and i was gb vs jags, i was down big in the 3rd like 21-3 they were marching again. I couldnt move the ball at all and their offfence was unstoppable and i couldnt take it. Lol it wasnt realistic. Sure i love a challenge but its more of my skill vs a super power ai. All madden is a lot tougher on ootb, im just not used too it. I restarted the game on all pro fast and i was perfect in how it felt.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk
Old 12-07-2016, 06:53 AM   #749
MVP

tyler28's Arena

About the threshold ,i would definitely raise it if your playing on slow. I tested a game on slow and there was too big of a gap from the dl to getting to the rb. The rb easily won the outside and pulled away too easy. These guys are freaks in real life and all probably run under 4.9s in the 40s.

I see dls get to rbs all the time in the nfl on those plays. Just my 2 cents on that. 50 feels right for fast. I ran 55 on normal and liked it.

Old 12-07-2016, 07:03 AM   #750
Denny 3K

HighCmpPct's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyler28
On fast, it feels pretty good. I know slider guys. Change threshold when changing speeds. Could be something to test.

I just played the jags on all pro fast. I was gb so im a better team by far to be fair. I won 32-10 but some things looked real good. The jags held me to 6 fgs. I could not get in the endzone. That was nice to see.

Also i have 20 carries for only 80 yrds w lacy. Jags really played like an nfl team, i just dominated the TOP. Rodgers stats were dead on.

Bortles tried to scramble once..lol. i dont think the scrambling is fixed on ootb. However, The qbs do move around more and sometimes take off. The pocket presence is really whats different. Lots of lateral movement and ellusiveness. Its more so on all madden i see qbs run. Im not sure why. I think the pressure is better on all madden and it forces a decision quicker, so the qb starts moving and will take off at times.

Things feel really smooth on all pro fast.

Ive started a cfm w the packers, ill post some stats. 1-0 so far lol.

For the record i tried to start it on all madden and i was gb vs jags, i was down big in the 3rd like 21-3 they were marching again. I couldnt move the ball at all and their offfence was unstoppable and i couldnt take it. Lol it wasnt realistic. Sure i love a challenge but its more of my skill vs a super power ai. All madden is a lot tougher on ootb, im just not used too it. I restarted the game on all pro fast and i was perfect in how it felt.

Yeah All-Pro fast is pretty good, lost the second game of the year with the Jets in Buffalo 27-20.

Taylor scrambled around and threw on the on run a couple times, and tried to run once but was tackled at the line for no gain. He also went for 300+ yards 3tds and 0int.

We got a FG with about 4:00 to go and managed to get the ball back with just under 2:00 to go down by 7 with 2 timeouts.

We drove down past midfield then stalled to 4th and 10, Fitz threw a jump ball to Smith on an out route and he made a great jump ball catch to keep the drive alive. Just outside the red zone we stalled to 4th and 10 again with under :30 to go. We got great protection and Marshall came wide open over the middle around the 10 yard line for the first but Fitz threw it wide just past his out reached hand! We turned it over and they run the last few seconds out.

Was a great game, I'll post the box score later. Mccoy also went over a 100yds on the ground.

3K Gaming Discord

Denny 3K Gaming

Last edited by HighCmpPct; 12-07-2016 at 06:02 PM.
Old 12-07-2016, 09:49 AM   #751
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

Ok I've been looking at what we can do to get the CPU Qbs to react in a more realistic fashion and taking less sacks. Which hasn't necessarily been a major issue, just some qbs seem to take a beating more often.
QB traits do matter more than we think. Yes, higher awarness qbs will make better decisions, still within their traits though.

For qbs that have the "sense pressure" trait set to oblivious, they won't really react to pressure.
ie. J. Winston, Big Ben, Cam.

Also what compounds the sack taking issue, if the cpu qb traits are set to Pocket and Aggressive.
With all 3, They will be oblivious to Pressue, rarley/never leave the pocket, and will aggressively look downfield to pass. This all adds up to sacks!
Also if throw ball away is set to NO, they will rarely throw it out of bounds. So not only do they hold the ball too long at times, they will also not throw it away and instead take sacks more often. The upside to this is the qbs will take more shots and look to get that splash play.

Now, the reason qbs like T. Taylor throw on the run more and avoid sacks better, is b/c his traits are on the opposite end.
Scrambling & paranoid.

If we really want the CPU qbs to play smarter in the pocket, set qb traits to,
Sense pressure: ideal
Force passes: ideal
Throw ball away: Yes

If they are athletic/mobile, set to scrambling ie. RG3, T. Taylor, Kap. They will leave the pocket more often and TOR.

Now getting the qbs to actually scramble upfield is a tough one b/c EA took away a very important trait which was apart of the scrambling mechanism in Maddens past.

It's the Tuck & Run trait, EA removed it and it was crucial in how often the cpu qbs actually took off out of the pocket.
Essentially, now the cpu qb ai logic is all the same for every qb. They won't look to tuck & run, unless its the only option and they are close to the los, so you'll see them move left and right, while scanning downfield, but rarley take off.
Why did EA remove a trait option that wasn't broken to begin with, is beyond me.
So unless EA brings back the Tuck & Run trait, we have no choice in how often they scramble/tuck & run.

Last edited by D81SKINS; 12-07-2016 at 09:53 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 10:11 AM   #752
MVP

cable guy's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by booker21
On my personal experience, slow make running harder than normal. Never tried fast.

This is why i was asking since you avg were pretty good.

On normal default, i find running a tad easy, nothing crazy, but 1.5 or 2yds avg above what they should be.
booker, you find running harder on slow, as opposed to normal?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »