Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2016, 06:12 AM   #1409
Just started!

OVR: 0
Thumbs up Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Hey, great job with ur sliders!
just having a problem with pass rush and cause of that with interceptions as well. i mean im not the best player, but been playing a few years, this year with the dolphins, and there not creating any pressure on the QB not even Sue or Wake, 5 games already and no sack, and dont think i had a QB hit with those guys. and i think i had 1 interception so far.
maybe u have an advice :P
thanks anyways!
Old 09-16-2016, 08:27 AM   #1410
MVP

Madden's Jowels's Arena

Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Started my Broncos franchise with these sliders (green set).

1st game I blew out the Panthers 31-6, outgained them by 126 yards, and thought "ohh man these might be too easy." I stuck with them though.

2nd game I lost a nailbiter in OT against the Colts (wonder if they programmed something into the game that says 'Denver always loses to Indy' or what) where I had only 269 yards of offense and 3 TO's.

3rd game I get my *** absolutely spanked by the Bengals 41-16 despite running for 200 with CJ Anderson. 4 interceptions. Led to a QB change, brought in the young stallion Paxton Lynch in the 4th quarter. The biggest problem was I couldn't defend the Bengals though. Gio had 170 yards rushing and AJ had 4-149-2. Couldn't stop the big play and couldn't get pressure on Dalton at all.

4th game, I'm in Tampa and down 20-3 at halftime. I come back and win 24-23 on the arm of Paxton and a FG with under 30 seconds left. CJ got shut down, 25 for 52 . Was a fantastic game.

So, thoughts: I'm getting a nice variance in game results. It's definitely a challenge. I don't know how I managed to stomp on the Panthers so bad because my next 3 games were all extremely tough against inferior competition.

I do think that my defense should be having more success, especially getting pressure. But idk how much of this is the slider set and how much is just the game itself. It just feels like they aren't playing up to their ability. Von can't win 1-on-1 matchups against weak right tackles, it's a problem. My 3 corners can't consistently win in man coverage against 90% of receivers in the NFL, it's a problem. I have 11 sacks in 4 games, which looks just fine on paper, 44 sack pace, but 8 came in the first 2 games and only 3 the last 2 games. And the larger issue is that those 11 sacks are like almost all the pressures I've garnered, there aren't a lot of forced bad throws, throwing while being hit, etc. Most of the time the QB's are getting way too much time in the pocket. Some of the sacks have been flukey too. Von got a safety by getting chop blocked by the RB, laying on the ground for like 5 seconds (the QB just standing there the whole time), getting up and tackling him, for example. Weird stuff like that where the QB got sacked despite having an eternity to throw.

I'm 16th in defensive yardage allowed, 14th in scoring defense.

I'm 17th in offensive yardage, 20th in scoring offense.

Playing on 12 minute quarters with 20 second accel clock. Averaging about 63 offensive plays a game (too lazy to calculate defensive plays).

Last edited by Madden's Jowels; 09-16-2016 at 08:31 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:38 AM   #1411
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportomatic75
I played one game and threw too many interceptions. Thankfully it was only a preseason game. 6 INTs is ridiculous
It's ridiculous if you force passes. Idk why people have such a hard time. I don't throw ints. I guess you guys expect to be able and throw into double coverage and the WR catch it every time is realistic.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 09:42 AM   #1412
All Star

Flazko's Arena

If you throw a bad ball it's going to be intercepted. Plain and simple. If there wasn't the risk of being intercepted, qbs would be throwing everything. It really makes you think twice about making the right reads. If you think it's realistic to be able and throw the ball wherever you please without worrying about the defense making you pay then lower it but I don't think it's realistic to throw a bad ball right into the defense hands and him just drop it.

Inceptions are part of the game and they affect teams decisions and playcalling. You have to take make the right choices and react fast. That's realistic football. That's why the blue set is my personal set, I use things to try and be realistic, I don't care about difficulty, if you get everything right then difficulty won't matter , and I like to be fair and respect all elements of the game. If people like seeing easy dropped ints then go head a use a lower setting but I like it at 50 because it doesn't make it so easy to just chuck the ball up and down the field.

Last edited by Flazko; 09-16-2016 at 09:54 AM.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:53 AM   #1413
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madden's Jowels
Started my Broncos franchise with these sliders (green set).

1st game I blew out the Panthers 31-6, outgained them by 126 yards, and thought "ohh man these might be too easy." I stuck with them though.

2nd game I lost a nailbiter in OT against the Colts (wonder if they programmed something into the game that says 'Denver always loses to Indy' or what) where I had only 269 yards of offense and 3 TO's.

3rd game I get my *** absolutely spanked by the Bengals 41-16 despite running for 200 with CJ Anderson. 4 interceptions. Led to a QB change, brought in the young stallion Paxton Lynch in the 4th quarter. The biggest problem was I couldn't defend the Bengals though. Gio had 170 yards rushing and AJ had 4-149-2. Couldn't stop the big play and couldn't get pressure on Dalton at all.

4th game, I'm in Tampa and down 20-3 at halftime. I come back and win 24-23 on the arm of Paxton and a FG with under 30 seconds left. CJ got shut down, 25 for 52 . Was a fantastic game.

So, thoughts: I'm getting a nice variance in game results. It's definitely a challenge. I don't know how I managed to stomp on the Panthers so bad because my next 3 games were all extremely tough against inferior competition.

I do think that my defense should be having more success, especially getting pressure. But idk how much of this is the slider set and how much is just the game itself. It just feels like they aren't playing up to their ability. Von can't win 1-on-1 matchups against weak right tackles, it's a problem. My 3 corners can't consistently win in man coverage against 90% of receivers in the NFL, it's a problem. I have 11 sacks in 4 games, which looks just fine on paper, 44 sack pace, but 8 came in the first 2 games and only 3 the last 2 games. And the larger issue is that those 11 sacks are like almost all the pressures I've garnered, there aren't a lot of forced bad throws, throwing while being hit, etc. Most of the time the QB's are getting way too much time in the pocket. Some of the sacks have been flukey too. Von got a safety by getting chop blocked by the RB, laying on the ground for like 5 seconds (the QB just standing there the whole time), getting up and tackling him, for example. Weird stuff like that where the QB got sacked despite having an eternity to throw.

I'm 16th in defensive yardage allowed, 14th in scoring defense.

I'm 17th in offensive yardage, 20th in scoring offense.

Playing on 12 minute quarters with 20 second accel clock. Averaging about 63 offensive plays a game (too lazy to calculate defensive plays).
Ive seen that type of sack you were talking about with Von Miller. But its only happened once in 5 total games, so I just stack it up to the opposing QB being blind for one play. Everyone makes mistakes.

On the pressure and sacks, I feel that way myself. Ill blitz 6 or 7 guys and get nowhere near the QB, then the next play only rush 3 or 4 and boom I get a sack.

I play a 4-3 defense and usually take control of one of my DT's. I stunt left or right depending on who I want to get pressure. And Ill also just push push push on that X or A button to do moves on my guy. Sometimes I come free, sometimes I dont. But it seems to increase the pressure on the QB.

I to do love the variance, though I upped the CPU tackling 1 pt, and turned CPU RB to 55. This has given me much more realistic stats. And I have to work my butt off to get 100 yards rushing.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #1414
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Ive seen that type of sack you were talking about with Von Miller. But its only happened once in 5 total games, so I just stack it up to the opposing QB being blind for one play. Everyone makes mistakes.

On the pressure and sacks, I feel that way myself. Ill blitz 6 or 7 guys and get nowhere near the QB, then the next play only rush 3 or 4 and boom I get a sack.

I play a 4-3 defense and usually take control of one of my DT's. I stunt left or right depending on who I want to get pressure. And Ill also just push push push on that X or A button to do moves on my guy. Sometimes I come free, sometimes I dont. But it seems to increase the pressure on the QB.

I to do love the variance, though I upped the CPU tackling 1 pt, and turned CPU RB to 55. This has given me much more realistic stats. And I have to work my butt off to get 100 yards rushing.
Great. Only you can make the adjustments to please what you want to see in the game. Everyone is different. Glad you found good results.
Old 09-16-2016, 09:55 AM   #1415
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
If you throw a bad ball it's going to be intercepted. Plain and simple. If there wasn't the risk of being intercepted, qbs would be throwing everything. It really makes you think twice about making the right reads. If you think it's realistic to be able and throw the ball wherever you please without worrying about the defense making you pay then lower it but I don't think it's realistic to throw a bad ball right into the defense hands and him just drop it.
The only problem Ive had so far is a play that happened a few games ago against the redskins. A 76 OVR CB, with 88 SPD, 86 AGI and 86 Jump, a stupid low 52 Catch ability goes over the top of my 90 OVR Allen Robinson receiver, 1 on 1 and gets the interception. I even looked at his spec catch and catch in traffic ratings. Maybe a fluke, but I timed it perfectly, and I put the ball up and high for my much taller (6'3" vs 5'10") receiver.

But yeah, what you said. I throw picks because I hurry sometimes, or see something thats not there. Or worse yet just toss it up sometimes for deep plays that I should never try.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2016, 09:58 AM   #1416
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
The only problem Ive had so far is a play that happened a few games ago against the redskins. A 76 OVR CB, with 88 SPD, 86 AGI and 86 Jump, a stupid low 52 Catch ability goes over the top of my 90 OVR Allen Robinson receiver, 1 on 1 and gets the interception. I even looked at his spec catch and catch in traffic ratings. Maybe a fluke, but I timed it perfectly, and I put the ball up and high for my much taller (6'3" vs 5'10") receiver.

But yeah, what you said. I throw picks because I hurry sometimes, or see something thats not there. Or worse yet just toss it up sometimes for deep plays that I should never try.
Balls thrown downfield or in the middle of the field should always be a 50/50 ball. Why should the defense not have the same opportunity as the WR to catch the ball? That's the way I look at it. It makes you really look for match ups and take more time with your drives.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »