Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-23-2016, 10:48 AM   #9
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKennedy87
Speed threshold at 90??! That seems insanely high. Is that what you used on last years?
This is my set from last year's game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...s-all-pro.html
Old 08-23-2016, 10:53 AM   #10
Rookie

JKennedy87's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Yes. You can take a look at my set from last year. I even have an explanation for this setting. Other people were a bit shocked like you then after trying they saw how much better it made the gameplay feel. Big plays are earned, just like in real life. Trust me you will not be caught down field by a linemen or any of that nonsense. It makes the movement a little more crisp and just like in real life, it makes you really try to pick plays that will outsmart the cpu so you can get those big plays, instead of just lobbing the ball down field over and over again. Give it a try. It feels much more like a real life game.
I'll definitely give it a try. Still debating on if I am going with AM or AP this year in franchise.
Old 08-23-2016, 11:05 AM   #11
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JKennedy87
I'll definitely give it a try. Still debating on if I am going with AM or AP this year in franchise.
Give my sliders a try, try a couple games and see the difference. All pro is usually for a casual gamer who wants realistic challenge, All Madden is for those who strictly want a challenge and don't care about Realism. I used to be an all madden player until later, I got sick of the superman jumps and unrealistic broken tackles, I wanted more Realism, I tried all pro and it was a bit too easy so I started working on a slider set and I created one of the best ones, it made the game about match ups, not team ratings. It was a lot of fun. If there's ever a concern by multiple people i do go take a look and try to tune a certain slider to give better results but with this set I used my set from last year as a base since it was so good, and honestly it feels even better in this game with some of the new features they added, like the whole running game and offensive linemen blocking, and they also revamped the cpu AI system to fill in gaps and make better zone reads. You can also tune sliders to how you like them, you can use my set as a base and adjust to your preference, if you use my set and use All Madden you will get different results than what these are intended to do as these are for All Pro difficulty, last year I did do a set for All Madden and All Pro but this year will just be All Pro, if you decide to go with all madden then check out my all madden set from last year, it was pretty good, I was switching between both sets here and there. A lot of the same AI system that was in last year's game is still in this game so some settings from last year will work this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 12:19 PM   #12
Rookie

why were you playing on fast game speed last year but this years sliders are set for slow?......Does game speed effect sliders, I usually play on slow....

May play my last game of 16 tonight with my sliders but changing the threshold at 90.......Have never played above 50 this could be interesting.....Thanks for the advice...

Last edited by ibroxroar67; 08-23-2016 at 12:26 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 12:53 PM   #13
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibroxroar67
why were you playing on fast game speed last year but this years sliders are set for slow?......Does game speed effect sliders, I usually play on slow....

May play my last game of 16 tonight with my sliders but changing the threshold at 90.......Have never played above 50 this could be interesting.....Thanks for the advice...

I was waiting for someone to ask lol last year I couldn't choose one, slow felt crisp and smooth while fast felt much more like you would see on Sundays, these are the best athletes in the world so they play fast, also the slow game speed took away the warping and gliding, but this year madden feels different, I didn't like it too much on fast, it felt too much like an arcade instead of realistic, I was stuck on Normal or Slow and I decided to use slow for now. I was actually just turning on my xbox so I could go test with the game speeds to make sure I like Slow over fast this year. In last year's game, game speed did have a slight effect on sliders, in the passing game anyways, on fast the coverage was much more loose and on slow there was usually always tight coverage. I could be changing the game speed in a while but I'm almost positive I'm going to stick with Slow, it just felt a lot better this year, Fast felt too much like a "video game" as stupid as that may sound. As far as the 90 threshold, it puts a great balance on amount of big plays, makes you really choose a play with a purpose, and also makes players feet stay on the ground instead of looking like they're playing on ice. It really separates the handful of elite speed players from the rest of the players, most WRs and RBs and CBs are a step or two with in the same speed as each other but then you do have those few players who are known for having those great speeds and those are the players that you will notice a nice difference in speed. For example, Dez Bryant, Larry Fitzgerald, and O'Dell Beckham Jr are all with in a few steps of each other, then you have guys like Tavon Austin or DeSean Jackson that have an Elite speed. Those two guy's speeds will be noticeable.

Last edited by Flazko; 08-23-2016 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-23-2016, 01:03 PM   #14
Rookie

What about the high amount of fumbles by the QB, other slider guys are saying fumbles set at 60 has sorted this problem now.....And lastly people are saying the cpu cant run or almost cant be stopped, in your opinion which is it......Ah 1 more thing is play now and franchise different as the way the cpu plays?......thanks again in advance.....
Old 08-23-2016, 01:11 PM   #15
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Post Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibroxroar67
What about the high amount of fumbles by the QB, other slider guys are saying fumbles set at 60 has sorted this problem now.....And lastly people are saying the cpu cant run or almost cant be stopped, in your opinion which is it......Ah 1 more thing is play now and franchise different as the way the cpu plays?......thanks again in advance.....
So far I have played 14 games, the cpu has only fumbled 1 time and that was a RB, Gurley of the rams, the tackle slider also has an effect on fumbles, it's been known for a few years, I have also noticed that the cpu running game is balanced, no crazy numbers so far, it is possible that we may need to raise the cpu run blocking a slight bit but I think it's fine at 54. The cpu does play different in Play Now vs Connected Franchise Mode. Sliders also work a little different in Play Now than they do in Connected Franchise Mode. My sliders are based to be played in Connected Franchise Mode. I am testing right now and I may tweak a few things, but nothing too drastic. I would not recommend putting fumbles over 50,if there is am issue (which there's usually a few every year for launch) then EA will address it but I haven't seen anything to complain about
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-23-2016, 01:14 PM   #16
Rookie

Sound good, Thursday cant come soon enough.....Thanks again for the info...

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »