Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 296 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-03-2016, 09:45 PM   #2361
Rookie

runsondunkin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Hey I posted a while back and then I dissappeared testing your blue set for my online cfm that I run. Trying to find some difficulty and some normal stats.

I used blue and was playing games in both a new franchise and one where I have built a very solid team.

With the new franchise I'm the eagles and I was impressed with all pro because I definitely wrote it off but I was still winning games 27-10 or 30 to 14. So I made some adjustments. I love how hard it is to run the ball. Eagles oline is decent enough but I love having to work for that one big play. The slow /speed parity interested me too.

Where I was having issues with the sliders was CPU offense is lackluster. Poor passing and rushing but some cool plays I've never seen before.

My passing game was very good and carson wentz almost played like he is actually playing but I want more challenge.

I upped CPU run block a lot. I think near 70

I upped Cpu interceptions to 35

I lowered qb acc to 10 and then 5 because I want to play poorly with guys who aren't elite and I want guys in my league to struggle until they find a running game and a D or a franchise qb.

I lowered my pass block to 4 (small change)

I lowered my user tackle to 45.

A few sparks of improvement here and there but still not the challenge I want. I'm playing the steelers now and they are very good so I'll be hoping to get spanked.

I would like some help in understanding how to make CPU pass defense a little tighter. I seem to beat a press and throw it up for a long TD way top often. I would like to understand the " reaction time slider" and maybe I can help the CPU throw on me and help the CPU stop me from throwing more often.

Sorry for the long post. I'm in nursing school and I've been working on madden sliders instead of studying but I take running my leagues serious and I want a realistic experience for the group of guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-03-2016, 10:40 PM   #2362
Pro

Hey flazko, for the blue set what is the absolute highest you would put CPU reaction time? I was thinking 20 or 22. What do you think
Old 10-03-2016, 10:45 PM   #2363
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsondunkin
Hey I posted a while back and then I dissappeared testing your blue set for my online cfm that I run. Trying to find some difficulty and some normal stats.

I used blue and was playing games in both a new franchise and one where I have built a very solid team.

With the new franchise I'm the eagles and I was impressed with all pro because I definitely wrote it off but I was still winning games 27-10 or 30 to 14. So I made some adjustments. I love how hard it is to run the ball. Eagles oline is decent enough but I love having to work for that one big play. The slow /speed parity interested me too.

Where I was having issues with the sliders was CPU offense is lackluster. Poor passing and rushing but some cool plays I've never seen before.

My passing game was very good and carson wentz almost played like he is actually playing but I want more challenge.

I upped CPU run block a lot. I think near 70

I upped Cpu interceptions to 35

I lowered qb acc to 10 and then 5 because I want to play poorly with guys who aren't elite and I want guys in my league to struggle until they find a running game and a D or a franchise qb.

I lowered my pass block to 4 (small change)

I lowered my user tackle to 45.

A few sparks of improvement here and there but still not the challenge I want. I'm playing the steelers now and they are very good so I'll be hoping to get spanked.

I would like some help in understanding how to make CPU pass defense a little tighter. I seem to beat a press and throw it up for a long TD way top often. I would like to understand the " reaction time slider" and maybe I can help the CPU throw on me and help the CPU stop me from throwing more often.

Sorry for the long post. I'm in nursing school and I've been working on madden sliders instead of studying but I take running my leagues serious and I want a realistic experience for the group of guys

Only reason I didn't up cpu run blocking past 65 is because you get sucked into the cpu blocking sometimes, that's why I wasn't trying to build an all pro set around being challenging, I figured if I can get good footplanting and proper player movement, it would be challenging enough. Exactly why I also made two separate All Madden sets, to achieve more challenge from cpu without it being too cheap and unfair.

Reaction slider dictates how quick the defense reacts to pass plays, it does not affect reaction in running game. I believe this is connected to the Play Recognition and Awareness ratings.

Pass Coverage slider dictates how affective the defense can cover the WRs and TEs in the passing game. After testing over the years I believe it either gives or doesn't give a boost to the defense Man coverage and Zone coverage ratings. I believe when set to 0 the man to man coverage and zone coverage are not given a boost, so the player will perform to his rating.
Old 10-03-2016, 10:47 PM   #2364
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I will mention there have been theories over the years that if you lower reaction time slider under 50 it makes defense react better to running plays and if it's higher than 50 they react faster to pass plays. There's no evidence this is true and I've done tons of testing and I myself don't believe it's true.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:31 PM   #2365
MVP

Brooke2011's Arena

These played great. might just lower Wr catch by one or two. Gronk had a couple of catches that seemed over powered.
Old 10-03-2016, 11:59 PM   #2366
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooke2011
These played great. might just lower Wr catch by one or two. Gronk had a couple of catches that seemed over powered.
Catching on 47 is actually pretty good it's what I use, I like a little more drops, especially on the long ball when there's tight coverage.

Blue set right?
Old 10-04-2016, 12:34 AM   #2367
Rookie

runsondunkin's Arena

I'll have to give your all Madden sets a try when I get some free time. For now we are using a set I made and it's OK. We are in the 3rd year. I want more challenge tho. When I try then I'll hit ya back.

But just a question. Currently my set has that reaction time set at 100. Idk where I got that from but could that slider be reversed?( I'm referring to my current set not yours)

Old 10-04-2016, 12:41 AM   #2368
Pro

sportomatic75's Arena

Flazko you should start keeping a tracker for all of your changes or at least put the updated date on the side of each slider that was changed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »