Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2016, 11:31 PM   #2521
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Starting my franchise with

Blue Set / Normal game speed

12 min quarters / 15 sec
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2016, 11:39 PM   #2522
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Starting my franchise with

Blue Set / Normal game speed

12 min quarters / 15 sec
I'm almost positive that I'm gonna do the same, except with 13 min quarters/ 17 sec. Question tho, I may still go Red. Do you recommend Slow or Normal for game speed with your Red Set?
Old 10-07-2016, 12:31 AM   #2523
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Idk what the hell is going on with my blue set.. Idk if it's the change to normal speed or something to do with the patch but both User and CPU qb's are crazy accurate lol. Had to lower accuracy for both
Old 10-07-2016, 12:49 AM   #2524
Rookie

runsondunkin's Arena

Okay so I just started a bear's franchise and uploaded your new sauce set. All-Pro the 100 speed threshold and fast gameplay. The first game was a complete blowout by me but I ignored those results and play second game against the Eagles.

My first impressions were not good. I was getting beat but beat unrealistically. Players like Josh huff were catching 5 yard hitch routes and getting blasted without dropping the ball. CPU was not driving anything and Carson Wentz was 11 for 13 to start. He did miss a couple deep third down throws. The bears are pretty bad so I wasn't totally upset. I just feel as though guys like huff ( especially as an eagles fan) shouldn't be able to possession catch like that.

I didn't make any roster adjustments as I want to know what difficulty would be like with the team as it is. Obviously when I start my connected franchise with the other users that will be the case but a baseline had to be set.

The running game was pretty good. I run a lot of zone and stretch and the reults werent crazy. I used J. Bell and not Langford. I didnt touch the depth chart.

Ill post some stats as this game was so strange but yet kinda interesting.

PASSING
Carson Wentz 25 for 30 254 2 TDs 1 INt
J. Cutler 20-39 177 yards 2 Tds 1 Ints (lots of drops) (mostly by bad recievers on the bears)

Comments- Carson cooled down when the cpu rushing game came on but that also made me feel like I was about to get blown out. I get playing tho and in the fourth I ran plan single LB blitz and he threw the ball to the one on one coverage to DGB and my corner popped it out straight up and the saftey made the pick. Huge play and the first forced turnover by my team.

RUSHING
Ryan Mathews 19att for 89 yards 1 fumb
Sproles 4att 13 yards 1 td

J. Bell 17 for 90yards 1td, 1fumb (on a reception)
Langford had 3 carries for decent gains but 3 holding calls so he got no love

qbs- carson ran a read option for 4 yards
Cuttler statline shows 7 rushes for -1 yards.... idk why (unless counting sacks)

Dont feel like listing receiving stats but i was dissapointed in all of my recievers and would probably make moves in a real cfm. I will not that the eagles terrible corners left Alshon Jeffrey one on one ALOT and Cuttler would overthrow. Be sacked. or the Corner would rip the ball out. Only one huge DPI call on eric rowe really made a it seem like Alshon helped lol

Defensive
SACKS
Eagles had 3 Sacks Nothing cheesy here. They have a great DL and I felt them.

I only got one sack on wentz. He threw quickly and effectively and the bears secondary is not good.

Pressure-
There was times when I would rush 4 and play zone and wentz had forever.... the way the birds playing right now I guess I can see that but I would probably adjust my Dline and add some real pass rushers or change the scheme.

I felt the pressure quite a bit. I like to read the pocket and slide around to make those 3rd or 4th reads but I really was only able to do this once.

INTs and pass coverage
Eagles had 1. (deep ball in 1v1 coverage)
I had one really cool one mentioned earlier

Fumbles
I had 2- one was a QB that i recovered. Bell lost a fumble on a check down catch

Birds had one HUGE fumble. 4th quarter just after I milked the clock and scored for my comeback... I left them with 1:11 and 1 timeout. They ran all verts and Mathews runs his little dunk out route... hes wide upen ... gets the first and crosses the 50.... 4 bears hit him at once and the ball pops out. My heart jumped and the scrum began and then randomly the ball flew out of the pile into the open field and a Bear fell on it.

Thats how the game ended.

Great game. I wanted to lose but the second half saw mathews running the ball terribly. he had 92 in the first half and ended with 89 yards and that huge fumble. I was run blitzing because I was over getting the ball shoved down my throat. I think that my only complaints is the lack of drops by the CPU but i think better defenders would help. Nothing unrealistic happened and im glad i ignored the results of my week 1 game.

Last thing- I noticed a punt error that definitely effected this game. The CPU punter was kicked low flat punts only going about 30-40 yards.... one time it helped them pinning me at the one (i was so impressed) the next 3 times it gave me great field position. Idk how to address that and its kinda gamebreaking. I may have someone from my league sign on and try these as a beta tester before we start the big league.
Old 10-07-2016, 01:21 AM   #2525
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by runsondunkin
Okay so I just started a bear's franchise and uploaded your new sauce set. All-Pro the 100 speed threshold and fast gameplay. The first game was a complete blowout by me but I ignored those results and play second game against the Eagles.

My first impressions were not good. I was getting beat but beat unrealistically. Players like Josh huff were catching 5 yard hitch routes and getting blasted without dropping the ball. CPU was not driving anything and Carson Wentz was 11 for 13 to start. He did miss a couple deep third down throws. The bears are pretty bad so I wasn't totally upset. I just feel as though guys like huff ( especially as an eagles fan) shouldn't be able to possession catch like that.

I didn't make any roster adjustments as I want to know what difficulty would be like with the team as it is. Obviously when I start my connected franchise with the other users that will be the case but a baseline had to be set.

The running game was pretty good. I run a lot of zone and stretch and the reults werent crazy. I used J. Bell and not Langford. I didnt touch the depth chart.

Ill post some stats as this game was so strange but yet kinda interesting.

PASSING
Carson Wentz 25 for 30 254 2 TDs 1 INt
J. Cutler 20-39 177 yards 2 Tds 1 Ints (lots of drops) (mostly by bad recievers on the bears)

Comments- Carson cooled down when the cpu rushing game came on but that also made me feel like I was about to get blown out. I get playing tho and in the fourth I ran plan single LB blitz and he threw the ball to the one on one coverage to DGB and my corner popped it out straight up and the saftey made the pick. Huge play and the first forced turnover by my team.

RUSHING
Ryan Mathews 19att for 89 yards 1 fumb
Sproles 4att 13 yards 1 td

J. Bell 17 for 90yards 1td, 1fumb (on a reception)
Langford had 3 carries for decent gains but 3 holding calls so he got no love

qbs- carson ran a read option for 4 yards
Cuttler statline shows 7 rushes for -1 yards.... idk why (unless counting sacks)

Dont feel like listing receiving stats but i was dissapointed in all of my recievers and would probably make moves in a real cfm. I will not that the eagles terrible corners left Alshon Jeffrey one on one ALOT and Cuttler would overthrow. Be sacked. or the Corner would rip the ball out. Only one huge DPI call on eric rowe really made a it seem like Alshon helped lol

Defensive
SACKS
Eagles had 3 Sacks Nothing cheesy here. They have a great DL and I felt them.

I only got one sack on wentz. He threw quickly and effectively and the bears secondary is not good.

Pressure-
There was times when I would rush 4 and play zone and wentz had forever.... the way the birds playing right now I guess I can see that but I would probably adjust my Dline and add some real pass rushers or change the scheme.

I felt the pressure quite a bit. I like to read the pocket and slide around to make those 3rd or 4th reads but I really was only able to do this once.

INTs and pass coverage
Eagles had 1. (deep ball in 1v1 coverage)
I had one really cool one mentioned earlier

Fumbles
I had 2- one was a QB that i recovered. Bell lost a fumble on a check down catch

Birds had one HUGE fumble. 4th quarter just after I milked the clock and scored for my comeback... I left them with 1:11 and 1 timeout. They ran all verts and Mathews runs his little dunk out route... hes wide upen ... gets the first and crosses the 50.... 4 bears hit him at once and the ball pops out. My heart jumped and the scrum began and then randomly the ball flew out of the pile into the open field and a Bear fell on it.

Thats how the game ended.

Great game. I wanted to lose but the second half saw mathews running the ball terribly. he had 92 in the first half and ended with 89 yards and that huge fumble. I was run blitzing because I was over getting the ball shoved down my throat. I think that my only complaints is the lack of drops by the CPU but i think better defenders would help. Nothing unrealistic happened and im glad i ignored the results of my week 1 game.

Last thing- I noticed a punt error that definitely effected this game. The CPU punter was kicked low flat punts only going about 30-40 yards.... one time it helped them pinning me at the one (i was so impressed) the next 3 times it gave me great field position. Idk how to address that and its kinda gamebreaking. I may have someone from my league sign on and try these as a beta tester before we start the big league.
You guys wanted a challenge so there you go. That's why I use the Blue Set lol.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2016, 01:37 AM   #2526
Rookie

peki's Arena

OVR: 1

So, I've started using your "sauce" set about two weeks ago... I'm a hard core gamer when it comes to sports games, man. If there is a single thing that looks unrealistic, I feel like playing that game has no point unless you are playing your friends for fun. I never cheese. I never run same plays over and over. Hell, I never run a same play more than once in a game.

I'm going to be honest here: I've been playing madden since ps2 days and Madden 04. PS2 to 360 to PS4. Probably hundreds of slider sets later - this is the most I've enjoyed a football game ever. I've tried a couple of sets from this board, but none seemed to work. Superbowl every year. At least 11 regular season wins. And I play with my Redskins. Yeah, Redskins.

So I used your set, and man, I fell in love with this game! I lost the first game of the season against the Steelers EASILY and I LOVED IT right away. My first season went 9-6-1, with the only tie being a game that I've simulated by an accident (@Detroit). The outcome of the season can be pretty close to what the Redskins might play like this season.

- With all the offensive weapons, Cousins was solid. I've never had a season with less INT's - totaled for 11 and also had about 10 fumbles on strip sacks after holding on to the ball for too long. Had about 30 TDs.
- Jackson and Reed both had 1000 yard seasons (Both JUST over a thousand). The thing is, Desean was soooo good in some games, and then invisible in the next one - just like in real life.
- Norman seemed pretty good, mostly locking down his side of the field. Safeties and other DBs (Breeland, Hall, Ihenacho) sucked most of the time and were the sole reason we allowed about 4400 yards passing on the year.
- Run defense was bad (Redskins do have probably THE worst run D in the league). It wasn't super bad, but most RB's could get 100 on us easily. We did face a lot of good backs (Leveon, Zeek twice, AP, Lacy, Mathews...).
- My running game was okay. Matt Jones was healthy all year long so he got a load of work. 300 plus runs for about 1400 yards total. About 4.3 per carry which is awesome and close to what he does so far this season! He'll probably not get more than 250 carries, that was just my gameplan. Used all sorts of runs. Stretch runs were not overpowered.
- I've won a game on a last second TD (Cardinals) and lost two games (Packers and Panthers) on a last second FG. A bunch of other games were decided in the 4th, so I can pretty much say that I could've been anywhere betweed 7-9 and 10-6 which is awesome and, I would say, accurate.

But...

Patch comes out... And I make a mistake of installing it... Right before the Playoffs start... Damn...

Ideally, with this team (Reed, Ihenacho and Crowder done for the year after week 15 and 16 injuries), I maybe get lucky and win a wild card game. Maybe. That would be a first Redskins PO win after like what, 11 years? Panthers it is. 12-4 team at my field (9 wins was enough to win NFC east). Aaaaand I win. Easy. They scored 10 points on me. Cam with two fumbles and two picks. No running game as I was blitzing aggressively all game long.

Divisional round - Packers with the MVP Aaron who had like 50 TDs total in the regular season. In a snowy Green Bay, aaaaand I win again. I was rooting for him to tear my secondary apart, but he didn't. Just like Drew Brees didn't in the NFC championship. And then the Superbowl, well it's an easy guess on what happened in that game against a 9-7 Chiefs with Nick Foles at QB...

Two games in the 2017 season and I already feel like I can go 16-0 without breaking a sweat.

The patch made everything too easy.

I'll give it a break for a while when it comes this game. Hope you or somebody else here pulls a magic move and get this crazy numbers called sliders together so we can play a good old Madden game in which Kirk Cousins s**** his bed against every good team and looks like prime time Brady against Browns or Jaguars. I want a game in which Steelers will close out the game at the beginning of the 4th, with me punting from my 30 as I am down 2 scores and I already know I'm not winning that... Not yet...

Thanks for the magical 10 days bro, guess you Cowboy fans did something right for once lol :P
Old 10-07-2016, 02:06 AM   #2527
Rookie

runsondunkin's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
You guys wanted a challenge so there you go. That's why I use the Blue Set lol.
Haha Im not complaining. I want to see more results but Im trying everything you post. Ultimately I need to find a balance between losing games with bad to ok teams. As we build our teams there should be more wins with realistic stats and some loses. The addition of user teams make the playoffs a little harder but some users dont make the playoffs.

Im also adding trading house rules so that there wont be a lot of building through trades. Mostly taking away the chance for guys to go get Gurley, gronk and other Elite guys the CPU shouldnt trade
Old 10-07-2016, 02:08 AM   #2528
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by peki
So, I've started using your "sauce" set about two weeks ago... I'm a hard core gamer when it comes to sports games, man. If there is a single thing that looks unrealistic, I feel like playing that game has no point unless you are playing your friends for fun. I never cheese. I never run same plays over and over. Hell, I never run a same play more than once in a game.

I'm going to be honest here: I've been playing madden since ps2 days and Madden 04. PS2 to 360 to PS4. Probably hundreds of slider sets later - this is the most I've enjoyed a football game ever. I've tried a couple of sets from this board, but none seemed to work. Superbowl every year. At least 11 regular season wins. And I play with my Redskins. Yeah, Redskins.

So I used your set, and man, I fell in love with this game! I lost the first game of the season against the Steelers EASILY and I LOVED IT right away. My first season went 9-6-1, with the only tie being a game that I've simulated by an accident (@Detroit). The outcome of the season can be pretty close to what the Redskins might play like this season.

- With all the offensive weapons, Cousins was solid. I've never had a season with less INT's - totaled for 11 and also had about 10 fumbles on strip sacks after holding on to the ball for too long. Had about 30 TDs.
- Jackson and Reed both had 1000 yard seasons (Both JUST over a thousand). The thing is, Desean was soooo good in some games, and then invisible in the next one - just like in real life.
- Norman seemed pretty good, mostly locking down his side of the field. Safeties and other DBs (Breeland, Hall, Ihenacho) sucked most of the time and were the sole reason we allowed about 4400 yards passing on the year.
- Run defense was bad (Redskins do have probably THE worst run D in the league). It wasn't super bad, but most RB's could get 100 on us easily. We did face a lot of good backs (Leveon, Zeek twice, AP, Lacy, Mathews...).
- My running game was okay. Matt Jones was healthy all year long so he got a load of work. 300 plus runs for about 1400 yards total. About 4.3 per carry which is awesome and close to what he does so far this season! He'll probably not get more than 250 carries, that was just my gameplan. Used all sorts of runs. Stretch runs were not overpowered.
- I've won a game on a last second TD (Cardinals) and lost two games (Packers and Panthers) on a last second FG. A bunch of other games were decided in the 4th, so I can pretty much say that I could've been anywhere betweed 7-9 and 10-6 which is awesome and, I would say, accurate.

But...

Patch comes out... And I make a mistake of installing it... Right before the Playoffs start... Damn...

Ideally, with this team (Reed, Ihenacho and Crowder done for the year after week 15 and 16 injuries), I maybe get lucky and win a wild card game. Maybe. That would be a first Redskins PO win after like what, 11 years? Panthers it is. 12-4 team at my field (9 wins was enough to win NFC east). Aaaaand I win. Easy. They scored 10 points on me. Cam with two fumbles and two picks. No running game as I was blitzing aggressively all game long.

Divisional round - Packers with the MVP Aaron who had like 50 TDs total in the regular season. In a snowy Green Bay, aaaaand I win again. I was rooting for him to tear my secondary apart, but he didn't. Just like Drew Brees didn't in the NFC championship. And then the Superbowl, well it's an easy guess on what happened in that game against a 9-7 Chiefs with Nick Foles at QB...

Two games in the 2017 season and I already feel like I can go 16-0 without breaking a sweat.

The patch made everything too easy.

I'll give it a break for a while when it comes this game. Hope you or somebody else here pulls a magic move and get this crazy numbers called sliders together so we can play a good old Madden game in which Kirk Cousins s**** his bed against every good team and looks like prime time Brady against Browns or Jaguars. I want a game in which Steelers will close out the game at the beginning of the 4th, with me punting from my 30 as I am down 2 scores and I already know I'm not winning that... Not yet...

Thanks for the magical 10 days bro, guess you Cowboy fans did something right for once lol :P
Honestly this patch has screwed up everything. My blue set is screwed, my sauce set was screwed. Everything is outta wack. I'm struggling right now to fix qb accuracy. No matter what I do the qbs are way too accurate.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »