Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 10-09-2016, 01:28 PM   #2833
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Agreed. I wouldn't go lower than 80. How are you doing for user running game?
I'm doing well with it- let me rephrase, I'm liking it a lot. I have user run blocking at 15, which is the only variation from your set. There are times I can break a run into the second level out of a spread formation for example, and other times I get nailed in the backfield. At one point, I had the ball on my opponent's 1 yard line, and I got stuffed. I like 15 bc it's challenging to gain yards, but it's by no means impossible. With the speed parity at 80-90, you don't have to worry about being able to fall back and call a bread and butter running play because they don't exist.
Old 10-09-2016, 01:32 PM   #2834
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
I'm doing well with it- let me rephrase, I'm liking it a lot. I have user run blocking at 15, which is the only variation from your set. There are times I can break a run into the second level out of a spread formation for example, and other times I get nailed in the backfield. At one point, I had the ball on my opponent's 1 yard line, and I got stuffed. I like 15 bc it's challenging to gain yards, but it's by no means impossible. With the speed parity at 80-90, you don't have to worry about being able to fall back and call a bread and butter running play because they don't exist.
I actually am using 15 let me go change it. Idk why by 15/85 seems like a good balance in the running game I'm gonna test it in a bit
Old 10-09-2016, 01:35 PM   #2835
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
I actually am using 15 let me go change it. Idk why by 15/85 seems like a good balance in the running game I'm gonna test it in a bit
Cool! Let me know how you make out at 85. I wouldn't be opposed to coming down from 90 a bit, but it sure doesn't need much. I want to make sure the CPU is able to rush effectively.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2016, 01:40 PM   #2836
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Cool! Let me know how you make out at 85. I wouldn't be opposed to coming down from 90 a bit, but it sure doesn't need much. I want to make sure the CPU is able to rush effectively.
Yeah I'll check it out in a little while.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:45 PM   #2837
All Star

Flazko's Arena

So for my own personal set (sauce set) I found great results with run block at 20 for user and 80 for cpu. Great balance. Some plays are stopped in the backfield and others are decent to big runs. The outsides are scary if you're playing against a fast RB like Bell from Pittsburgh or Charles from KC. They also accelerate through the holes between the guard and center. It is my preference. I like the cpu to be more competitive in the running game so they keep a long drive going. I don't mind the cpu busting big runs here and there to the house. If it was every single play then I would be frustrated. I don't mind giving up 100-150 yards a game but I'm predicting with this setting I'll give up between 80-130 yards a game. Stats matter but I also care about excitement (plays that will keep me worried and on my toes) and challenge from the cpu when it comes to the running game.
Old 10-09-2016, 02:53 PM   #2838
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
So for my own personal set (sauce set) I found great results with run block at 20 for user and 80 for cpu. Great balance. Some plays are stopped in the backfield and others are decent to big runs. The outsides are scary if you're playing against a fast RB like Bell from Pittsburgh or Charles from KC. They also accelerate through the holes between the guard and center. It is my preference. I like the cpu to be more competitive in the running game so they keep a long drive going. I don't mind the cpu busting big runs here and there to the house. If it was every single play then I would be frustrated. I don't mind giving up 100-150 yards a game but I'm predicting with this setting I'll give up between 80-130 yards a game. Stats matter but I also care about excitement (plays that will keep me worried and on my toes) and challenge from the cpu when it comes to the running game.
80 sounds good for CPU run block. I'll give that a shot. So overall, you liked what you saw better on 80 instead of 85 or 90?
Old 10-09-2016, 02:56 PM   #2839
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
80 sounds good for CPU run block. I'll give that a shot. So overall, you liked what you saw better on 80 instead of 85 or 90?
Oh yeah. I saw some plays where I could shut them down in backfield and the next play they'd get a 4-5 yard gain. It was nice to see the variety of different outcomes. Didn't feel cheap at all but made me a little concerned and worried to watch the run so I'd set my LBs in close and send one on a blitz to their strong side and it ended up being a pass play in which there was a guy wide open because of me sending a guy to blitz. So I was tricked haha
Old 10-09-2016, 02:57 PM   #2840
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I also saw bell run right up the gut between guard and center and took it 42 yards but I caught him at the 17 yard line lol I've never seen that big of a run up the gut. It was always on a toss play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »