Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-17-2016, 08:54 PM   #3393
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Something is wrong with Aaron Rodgers. Our defense has been playing good this year but there was some awful throws by Rodgers.
Been that way for a year now. Seems to get worse when certain people are in the building as well.

Sent from my LGL33L using Tapatalk
Old 10-17-2016, 09:03 PM   #3394
Pro

Hey flazko, I lost the page where I asked you about tackling. What did you say to put the tackle slider at if I wanted more gang tackling for the cpu?
Old 10-17-2016, 09:22 PM   #3395
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

I'm finally underway. Purple set. Run blocking 15/85. CPU accuracy 15 /40 (meant to up the CPU accuracy to 45, and will be doing so for week 2). 15 min quarters/ 17 second play clock (16 seconds for week 2). Slow game speed, 90 parity/ threshold

Raiders 33, Saints 31 F
OAK 3-17-3-10
N.O. 0-10-7-14

OAK, 523 yards (190 rush, 333 pass), 26 first downs
NO, 362 yards (124 rush, 238 pass), 14 first downs

Carr 29-33, 340 yards, 3 TDs, 1 INT
Murray 25 rush, 124 yards
Washington 9 rush, 54 yards
Cooper 7 rec, 89 yards, 2 TDs
Holmes 6 rec, 104 yards, 1 TD

Brees 22-32, 245 yards, 2 TDs
Ingram 21 rush, 123 yards, 2 TDs
Thomas 6 rec, 97 yards
Fleener 5 rec, 52 yards
Cooks 5 rec, 42 yards; Snead 4 rec, 27 yards, 1 TD

Very fun experience. I'm playing with a pretty stock roster; I've only added a few players that were waived by other teams during final roster cuts (i.,e., Darius Jackson, Cameron Meredith). So that gives my Raiders an overall rating of 85 and the Saints an 81. I absolutely picked the Saints defense apart from top to bottom. I'm using a west coast scheme, with Chip Kelly's playbook on offense, and an attaching 4-3 defense. One thing people need to take into account is that playbook and scheme have a significant impact on your game. Running the ball under Kelly's playbook is fairly easy (again I'm 15 for user run block and 85 for CPU run block). I am playing a west coast scheme and not and not a spread offense like Kelly. Also, team familiarity is huge. I play better with the Raiders than the Seahawks or Packers for instance, and that is for two reasons. I know the entire Raiders' roster inside and out, strengths and weaknesses, etc AND (this is a big one), the Raiders are great on paper. As we all know, that translates big time to Madden.

I'm going to kickoff week 2 tonight, my home opener vs the (0-1) Atlanta Falcons. I don't think I'm going to make any major changes to the purple set, though I will move the CPU accuracy back up to 45. I do anticipate a change for week 3 - I may increase CPU pass coverage and reduce user QB accuracy. Small chance that I make those changes for this week 2 game. I strongly recommend playing 2-3 games before making any significant changes. The Saints D blows, which is why I was able to shred them.

Back to an earlier point, team familiarity. If you're looking for a challenge, play with a team that you're not at all familiar with. I'm tempted to start a second franchise with either LA or Philly. My fear there is that 2 franchise is way to much to handle, and I may ultimately dump my Raider franchise if I decide to play elsewhere. TBD on that. Thoughts anyone? Should I play with SF, LA or Philly instead of Oakland? Flazko...? :-)

As for the sliders on the purple set, it's very easy to make it more competitive. First off, increase CPU acc incrementally as needed, increase CPU coverage and reaction as needed (though I would only bump up reaction slightly. Second, decrease user QB accuracy accordingly. Boom! User passing game becomes significantly more challenging. As for the run game, the Saints still struggled to run the ball on me, despite Ingram's huge game. He had a bunch of -3 to 3 yard runs, but was able to break a few when I had a poor defensive call.

So for those of you finding all pro to easy even with the purple set, adjust the sliders as I mentioned (user and CPU run blocking, QB acc, Coverage and Reaction. You'll get there. Also try playing with a team that you're less familiar with. Enjoy, and have fun. Unless EA released a God-like patch for this game (which I hope they do) this is as real as it's gonna get- BUT we can make the purple set even more competitive.

One more thing, when you post your results, can you please let us know which set you used (especially any personal slider changes that you made), game speed, parity, etc.?

PS- Flazko or anyone, should I attempt 2 franchises, just stick with my Raiders or bite the bullet and play with one of the other teams that I mentioned? I'm up for anything. Not worried about the challenging aspect as that will work itself out bc I will stay proactive on the changes that I mentioned above.

Last, but not least, nice job on these sliders Flazko. I really like the purple set, though I also like the sauce set too. But purple is where it's at!! You just can't be afraid to tinker with it as needed. Again, make small changes at first and work from there.

Week 2 on tap!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-17-2016, 09:39 PM   #3396
Rookie

i am using the purple set with no changes. user passing offense is way to easy which makes it to easy to score. run game isnt to bad. and the cpu offense has an extremely tuff time moving the ball. they average around only 150 total yards per game. any suggestions on how to adjust the sliders? i am playing 12 minute 13 second accelerated clock.
Old 10-17-2016, 09:51 PM   #3397
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon15
i am using the purple set with no changes. user passing offense is way to easy which makes it to easy to score. run game isnt to bad. and the cpu offense has an extremely tuff time moving the ball. they average around only 150 total yards per game. any suggestions on how to adjust the sliders? i am playing 12 minute 13 second accelerated clock.
Read my previous post 😉
Old 10-17-2016, 10:01 PM   #3398
Gaming Avenger

You could also try Normal game speed, though the Purple set, Blue Set and sauce sets are all designed for Slow game speed. But it is an option. It'll force you as the user to react quicker in all facets of the games. I would do that as a last resort. Try some of the changes that I mentioned.

If EA ever fixes all madden, I may play with the Red Set. For now, I'm very happy with the Purple set with my pending minor modifications. There's a lot that you can do with it to increase the challenge that you experience.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:15 PM   #3399
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandon15
Also you may want to increase to 13-15 min quarters. Or keep playing with 12 min quarters, but use 18-20 second play clock. This will give you more plays and in theory, more yards.
Old 10-17-2016, 10:24 PM   #3400
Rookie

Okay after rolling 13-0 in the second year of my Browns rebuild I'm looking for tweak opinions. At this point in the season my team is a balanced 79 ovr.

Purple set previous tweaks. 15min/15sec. The rest is op.
Human - 15 qb acc, 30 pass block, 45 catch, 15 run block
Cpu - 42 pass block, 85 run block

Using these my team is 1st in total yards by almost 700 yards. 1st in passing yards. 2nd in rushing. 40.8 ppg. 7th in total defense. 11th in pass yards against. 9th in rush yards against. 2nd in points allowed but the Seahawks lead by 15 and everyone else is close. 12th with 35 sacks so 2.69 per game. 11 fumble recoveries and 9 ints.

My drafted rookie qb, who is pretty good and now at 80 ovr, averages 340.5 ypg, 42/10 td/int, 75% comp, and 11.2 ypa.

So from what I gather from the last few pages here are the changes I'm making for the last 4 games and playoffs.

Hum acc 10. Cpu - coverage 100, reaction 18.

If anyone else has suggestions for me they would be greatly appreciated!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »