Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 442 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-20-2016, 08:53 AM   #3529
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Hi, so I decided to try these sliders once again post-patch and last night tried the purple set in my new franchise. The majority of the gameplay was very good, the line play was excellent. Sometimes my QB would be under all sorts of pressure, other times the pocket held beautifully or running lanes were carved open and then quickly shut if not exploited. All stats were very good, from completion %, to yards per carry, to tackles, to the number of plays (135 total running and passing plays). The passing game felt great and my decisions were really borne out on the field - I threw 4 TDs and 3 INTs. The touchdowns were great throws reading coverage and leading the receivers, the picks were terrible reads and silly throws (even the one which bounced up out of my receiver's hands and was picked off was due to a poor pass into coverage). Overall I couldn't be much happier - aside from one big issue.

The final score was 28 - 61 to the AI Colts at their stadium. That is a huge amount of points to concede of course and some of them were no doubt my own fault. However I stopped the Colts offense many times but gave up TDs on big plays. There were a couple of scores I could have prevented (a sack fumble near my own goal line and a terrible pick 6) but at least three TDs came from Dorsett, Hilton or Moncrieff simply running a fly route out of a spread formation. My single safety would drop down to cover the HB leaving one on one coverage between the WRS and my CBS. I have great corners but each time the receiver simply blew past and the ball was dropped over their head and into their path for a clear 60 or 70 yard run to the end zone.

I'm not the best Madden player and have only played a couple of games so far this year but I wondered whether this was my fault and poor play calling or a product of the sliders. Perhaps, the defenders could be kept closer to the receivers so that even if the ball is caught they are likely to make the tackle unless the coverage is really blown. What do you think?

My other slight concern was that the players seemed jerky to me and a little imprecise - i.e. they would pivot around their centres of gravity and change direction sharply and unrealistically rather than transitioning from one direction to another. This wasn't a major issue though and if I can just prevent the big plays then this could be the set for me this year. Thanks.

Last edited by BritPitbull; 10-20-2016 at 08:59 AM.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:07 AM   #3530
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull
Hi, so I decided to try these sliders once again post-patch and last night tried the purple set in my new franchise. The majority of the gameplay was very good, the line play was excellent. Sometimes my QB would be under all sorts of pressure, other times the pocket held beautifully or running lanes were carved open and then quickly shut if not exploited. All stats were very good, from completion %, to yards per carry, to tackles, to the number of plays (135 total running and passing plays). The passing game felt great and my decisions were really borne out on the field - I threw 4 TDs and 3 INTs. The touchdowns were great throws reading coverage and leading the receivers, the picks were terrible reads and silly throws (even the one which bounced up out of my receiver's hands and was picked off was due to a poor pass into coverage). Overall I couldn't be much happier - aside from one big issue.

The final score was 28 - 61 to the AI Colts at their stadium. That is a huge amount of points to concede of course and some of them were no doubt my own fault. However I stopped the Colts offense many times but gave up TDs on big plays. There were a couple of scores I could have prevented (a sack fumble near my own goal line and a terrible pick 6) but at least three TDs came from Dorsett, Hilton or Moncrieff simply running a fly route out of a spread formation. My single safety would drop down to cover the HB leaving one on one coverage between the WRS and my CBS. I have great corners but each time the receiver simply blew past and the ball was dropped over their head and into their path for a clear 60 or 70 yard run to the end zone.

I'm not the best Madden player and have only played a couple of games so far this year but I wondered whether this was my fault and poor play calling or a product of the sliders. Perhaps, the defenders could be kept closer to the receivers so that even if the ball is caught they are likely to make the tackle unless the coverage is really blown. What do you think?

My other slight concern was that the players seemed jerky to me and a little imprecise - i.e. they would pivot around their centres of gravity and change direction sharply and unrealistically rather than transitioning from one direction to another. This wasn't a major issue though and if I can just prevent the big plays then this could be the set for me this year. Thanks.
CB has ALWAYS been an issue for US the player. They are idiots. ALL OF THEM. Even Patrick Peterson gets beat over and over again on the simplest of routes to cover. Most of the time being 5 to 10 yards off in any instance.

Its ruining the game for me, especially when I see some 75 overall corner, with 85 speed, 85 or so agility etc keeping up with my 95 speed, 90+ agility slot reciever on a slant to make a play on the ball.

The patch did nothing to alleviate this, nor do I think EA even cares one bit about us Sim players. They have done nothing but work on things that make ONLINE play easier for there little whining baby's who use the same 3 plays on offense and defense all game.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:47 PM   #3531
All Star

Flazko's Arena

FYI, Pink Set is Final! Regardless of any tuner or upcoming patch. Other sets may still be looked at in future barring patches / tuners.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:52 PM   #3532
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
FYI, Pink Set is Final! Regardless of any tuner or upcoming patch. Other sets may still be looked at in future barring patches / tuners.
These look good. Tonight, I'll replay the game from last night with the pink set and see how it goes.
Old 10-20-2016, 01:56 PM   #3533
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull
These look good. Tonight, I'll replay the game from last night with the pink set and see how it goes.
I like them. Using them in my franchise for the past week and half. Getting satisfying results. Like I said before, we all just need to play the game and enjoy, if we continue to adjust sliders after every game we're gonna go crazy and what makes matters worse is EA will continue to release patches that disrupt everything. I'm personally just going to stick it out with the pink set for my franchise so I can put in some years lol. I still haven't got passed week 11 in this game, I keep restarting because I'm switching slider sets. I'm staying put. I urge everyone else to do the same. The game ain't going to be perfect but I think it plays good with my sets. I really like the pink set.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:05 PM   #3534
Rookie

Quote:
I like them. Using them in my franchise for the past week and half. Getting satisfying results. Like I said before, we all just need to play the game and enjoy, if we continue to adjust sliders after every game we're gonna go crazy and what makes matters worse is EA will continue to release patches that disrupt everything. I'm personally just going to stick it out with the pink set for my franchise so I can put in some years lol. I still haven't got passed week 11 in this game, I keep restarting because I'm switching slider sets. I'm staying put. I urge everyone else to do the same. The game ain't going to be perfect but I think it plays good with my sets. I really like the pink set.
Agreed Flazko !! Gonna try pink set now
Old 10-20-2016, 02:07 PM   #3535
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylej003
Agreed Flazko !! Gonna try pink set now
Make sure and save them as a file and then load them. For some reason there's times my sliders go back to default. Might be because I delete my profile every time I change sliders.
Old 10-20-2016, 02:14 PM   #3536
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

Quote:
Totally agree. The game will never be "perfect" and there too many variables to consider. If you have a set you enjoy I'd stick with it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »