Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-20-2016, 10:18 PM   #3601
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Flazko, I am using your all madden set and you say no tuner. What do you mean by no tuner? How do you know it is on or off?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 10:19 PM   #3602
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I added my set from last year's game listed as "Retro Set." I'm going back to it. I was much happier in last year's game than this year
Old 10-20-2016, 10:20 PM   #3603
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by giants76
Flazko, I am using your all madden set and you say no tuner. What do you mean by no tuner? How do you know it is on or off?
Go to file management and delete it
Old 10-20-2016, 10:22 PM   #3604
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathey270
Just double checking everything for ur happy 😊 pink set is correct on OP as of now?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Yeah pink set is correct
Old 10-20-2016, 10:23 PM   #3605
MVP

MvPeterson2828's Arena

What kind of games you get from the retro set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-20-2016, 10:40 PM   #3606
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylej003
That's what my tweaks from the purple set look like, only difference I kept user coverage at 80 and upped the computer accuracy and catch to 49 each. Nad upped computer reaction to 18 and I'm seeing very competitive results
Did you lower your QB accuracy as well for user? I have lowered my user QB acc to 5, so I'm wondering if it makes sense to increase CPU reaction time from my 9 to your 18. Thoughts?

Also, do you like user coverage at 80? I currently have it at 89, but with a reaction of 9. CPU QB accuracy is at 45. Thoughts on that?

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 10-20-2016 at 10:42 PM.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:55 PM   #3607
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by MvPeterson2828
What kind of games you get from the retro set?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I get more competition from the cpu, reactions are faster and players seem faster like the real NFL. Although slow brings great animations, fast feels like the NFL in my opinion, it shouldn't take an NFL player more than 10 seconds to go from one end of the field to the other, the speed parity helps the footwork and players still play tight but reactions, moves and cuts are quicker like real life. It takes some getting used to if you're coming from slow game speed. I really enjoyed it last year and so far I'm getting used to it again.
Old 10-20-2016, 10:58 PM   #3608
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Pertaining to my Retro Set, here's my reasoning for the Fast game speed, I stated in my thread last year:

"So after being brought to my attention I decided to take a hard look at game speed, I looked for what was visually more realistic to true NFL game play and also if it affected the difficulty, and lastly if game speed affects warping and shifting or any other weird player movements, so I tried normal vs slow vs fast vs very fast , I came to the conclusion that fast game speed best represents true nfl gameplay, yes slow game speed makes the gameplay look more crisp with clear animations, but fast or very fast best represents true nfl gameplay, in the NFL it is all about speed and decision making specifically how fast you can react and make decisions, when setting the game speed too fast the running backs hit the holes harder as they do in real life, the ball trajectory looks a lot better, qb looks to put more zip on the ball, and players get down field a little more quickly as they would in real life, I did not see much shifting or warping on fast or very fast but I did see it at times on normal game speed, in my honest opinion I've always liked fast game speed, that was the game speed I initially first made my slider sets around, but slow game speed does give a crisp and clean feel. At the end of the day I am all about realism, we have to understand that this is a video game and there are going to be times where we will see some weird Player mechanics such as shifting for a catch or warping for a tackle, it is just something that will always be in madden unfortunately, although slow game speed does limit these weird player movements I still believe that fast game speed is the way to go for true NFL game play, imagine the pressure a quarterback feels on having to look down field and make a quick decision and all of the sudden being sacked, or imagine being a running back having to pick and choose which hole you are going to hit quickly, this is the feel you will get using fast game speed, trust me play a game or two with fast and you will get used to it, it's going to be the best settings in the long run but if you feel comfortable and love what you see with slow game speed then I urge you to stick with that, but it doesn't hurt to give fast a chance, the very fast game SPEED looked a little too much of an arcade game play to me, fast was very solid and this is where I personally will keep the game speed, I urge all of you to try it for a game or two and if you come to the conclusion that you like the slow game speed then by all means use that. Fast game speed with threshold between 90 through 95 really represents good NFL game play, as NFL players are big, strong and fast, there are only a handful who can outrun the others, for the most part most NFL players are around the same speeds, players with a speed rating of 93 or higher in Madden 16 are considered elite speeds and they will be a few steps quicker than the rest of players, so I hope you give fast game SPEED a real try as I feel it makes my slider sets outstanding
, as for my goals I set out when testing the game speed, normal makes players look sluggish, we know nfl is called "a fast league" players should not look sluggish, fast game speed takes care of this, also I did notice warping and shifting on normal game speed, I did not notice this on slow or on FAST, I think this is because on slow game speed everything is moving at a slower pace so it takes time to develop, on fast game speed this could be because the players are moving so fast it's harder to notice a shift or warp, as for game SPEED affecting difficulty I feel that fast and normal seemed more difficult than slow because you are having to react quicker, On slow you can see the holes developing or where exactly the defenders are and the defensive lineman rushing the quarterback takes a bit longer to get the sack because he is moving slow enough for you to have time to notice him , as for fast game speed you have to think a lot quicker on which hole you want to run through or which receiver you want to pass to and you also have to worry about a defensive lineman sacking you because they are moving a bit quicker. Fast game speed is going to be the way to go because your reaction is going to be key, it is going to feel like a real NFL game, you will have to be quicker with your decisions whether you are running the ball or passing the ball, and not to mention that jukes and spins will feel more agile as they should be so be aware of those shifty players you will be facing, hope everyone enjoys all the updates and work I bring to my slider sets, let me know what you guys think after a few games."

Last edited by Flazko; 10-20-2016 at 11:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »