Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-30-2016, 06:23 PM   #3905
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

One question, why do you have the FG power/accuracy as low as you do? I find the AI misses like 30 yards easy kicks every few games.

I've also been using your personal set and have been enjoying it. I found on the Pink set the AI blocking was a bit too strong in the pass game and the QB had too much time to pass rarely missing more than 2-3 per game and the AI pass coverage was too good forcing check downs on 2/3rds of plays (along with the AI getting almost all the 50-50 balls deep). Your personal set seems to fix these and allow a running game to take over and provides a good balance of game/sim. The blue set is fun with a good team and just annoying with a bad team (or team with injuries; you feel every little difference between good and bad players).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2016, 06:40 PM   #3906
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by happyloaf
One question, why do you have the FG power/accuracy as low as you do? I find the AI misses like 30 yards easy kicks every few games.

I've also been using your personal set and have been enjoying it. I found on the Pink set the AI blocking was a bit too strong in the pass game and the QB had too much time to pass rarely missing more than 2-3 per game and the AI pass coverage was too good forcing check downs on 2/3rds of plays (along with the AI getting almost all the 50-50 balls deep). Your personal set seems to fix these and allow a running game to take over and provides a good balance of game/sim. The blue set is fun with a good team and just annoying with a bad team (or team with injuries; you feel every little difference between good and bad players).
I've haven't seen no difference in punt power or field goal power with the computer, no matter what I put the power to . I've noticed a difference with the accuracy but not with the power. In cfm if you put field goal power over 50 it's going to be way easy for user to make 55+ yard field goals.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:42 PM   #3907
Pro

A mix of pink and purple
Old 10-30-2016, 06:46 PM   #3908
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Good to hear. What set? Pink right?
A mix of pink and purple. And the no switch rule has took some time to get used to bit it has been pretty good.

Have you played with the latest tuner? How much of a difference is there. I have not downloaded the tuner. I just put user catching all the way down to 40. I may go even a tad lower.

Oh, and one more thing. This may be tedious to many and it may be just me but the sliders play better when you turn the Xbox off and turn it on before the start of your next game
Old 10-30-2016, 06:47 PM   #3909
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by asandique
A mix of pink and purple. And the no switch rule has took some time to get used to bit it has been pretty good.

Have you played with the latest tuner? How much of a difference is there. I have not downloaded the tuner. I just put user catching all the way down to 40. I may go even a tad lower.

Oh, and one more thing. This may be tedious to many and it may be just me but the sliders play better when you turn the Xbox off and turn it on before the start of your next game
I haven't played yet since tuner. Had a busy weekend. Tonight after the game I'll probably play. All the tuner did was tune the WR vs CB interactions and chances of swats vs catch and tune down the strip fumbles.
Old 10-30-2016, 06:58 PM   #3910
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
The thing about sliders is you can't get realistic and competitive together at the sametime all the time. Majority of the time it's one or the other. If you lower sliders to a certain value then you get less warping and true player ratings but at the same time they may not be as competitive. When you raise a slider high you might get some competition but also see some warping or wierd player mechanics. It sucks but that's how madden has always been.

For example, cpu run blocking has to be higher to help the cpu be competitive in the running game but a higher run block slider might cause the linemen to warp or suction but if you use a low run block the movement might look good with no warping or suction but it'll be way too easy to hit the cpu running back in the backfield almost every play. Same goes for cpu qb accuracy. A lower setting means they'll be less accurate and throw some errant passes but they won't be as competitive. When you higher their accuracy they'll be very tough to stop but will feel Robotic... Like I said, majority of the time it's one or the other. I worry more about realism ; movement, mechanics, how smooth the interactions are. I worry less about the competition. If all you care about is competition, then play default All Madden. Lol.

Every game being "Tough" is not realistic. There's some sucky teams in the NFL that you should smash.
I agree with everything you said, except for the last sentence. The disparity between the worst teams and the best teams in the NFL isn't that large. Trust me, if the Browns played the Crimson Tide, the Browns would win 100-0. Don't take that as disrespect- it's not meant to be so. All I'm saying is that on paper, you're absolutely correct. There are some garbage teams in the NFL that should be beaten mightily week in and week out, yet most games come down to the final few possessions. Unfortunately, and to your credit, there is no happy medium with EA sports. They cannot make a game that is both realistic and competitive. You essentially have to pick one or another. It's all preference. If you want the game to look amazing, I say go with your Blue set all day. I like the red set bc I like that feeling of being threatened on every single play, regardless of opponent. That's what makes it feel real for me. But that doesn't necessarily mean that is what will make the game more fun or realistic for the next guy.

To your other points, I couldn't agree more. It's the end of October and I just finished simulating my preseason. Seriously??! I've had a nasty case of slideritis with this year's game. Granted this year's version of madden is glitchier than past versions, but oh well. It's probably time for me to get some games in, or use the disc as a fancy coaster!

Hopefully one day we will get a true sim football game. It won't happen from EA. 2k please... until then, thanks for all of your work on these sets Flazko.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:02 PM   #3911
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
I agree with everything you said, except for the last sentence. The disparity between the worst teams and the best teams in the NFL isn't that large. Trust me, if the Browns played the Crimson Tide, the Browns would win 100-0. Don't take that as disrespect- it's not meant to be so. All I'm saying is that on paper, you're absolutely correct. There are some garbage teams in the NFL that should be beaten mightily week in and week out, yet most games come down to the final few possessions. Unfortunately, and to your credit, there is no happy medium with EA sports. They cannot make a game that is both realistic and competitive. You essentially have to pick one or another. It's all preference. If you want the game to look amazing, I say go with your Blue set all day. I like the red set bc I like that feeling of being threatened on every single play, regardless of opponent. That's what makes it feel real for me. But that doesn't necessarily mean that is what will make the game more fun or realistic for the next guy.

To your other points, I couldn't agree more. It's the end of October and I just finished simulating my preseason. Seriously??! I've had a nasty case of slideritis with this year's game. Granted this year's version of madden is glitchier than past versions, but oh well. It's probably time for me to get some games in, or use the disc as a fancy coaster!

Hopefully one day we will get a true sim football game. It won't happen from EA. 2k please... until then, thanks for all of your work on these sets Flazko.
Comparing real life football to a video game is comparing apples to oranges. In real life any team can win. When it comes to a video-game, teams are based off ratings, there's no chance in hell you're going to have competitive games vs a 72 overall team. There's a handful of teams rated under 80. When you put a rating to a team or player you get the same result consistently because numbers are programmed, when you get real life, adjustments can be made, the browns may be a 72 overall team on a video game but one week they can play like a 68 overall team, the next week they can play like a 84 overall team because on real life they're not programmed to play a certain way.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-30-2016, 07:04 PM   #3912
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Comparing real life football to a video game is comparing apples to oranges. In real life any team can win. When it comes to a video-game, teams are based off ratings, there's no chance in hell you're going to have competitive games vs a 72 overall team. There's a handful of teams rated under 80. When you put a rating to a team or player you get the same result consistently because numbers are programmed, when you get real life, adjustments can be made, the browns may be a 72 overall team on a video game but one week they can play like a 68 overall team, the next week they can play like a 84 overall team because on real life they're not programmed to play a certain way.
I couldn't agree more.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »