Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-06-2016, 06:20 PM   #4193
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPantsHess
Try deleting your profile if you haven't done that in a while. You used fast game speed? That set should at least be competitive if you're not a dominant team.
Yes I am playing fast speed . Il try deleting my profile, thanks. Hopefully that works. Should I not bump any CPU areas up or lower any user sliders though?

Thanks

Joe
Old 11-06-2016, 06:29 PM   #4194
Rookie

Flazko will have to answer that but definitely delete your profile. Some say it's important and some say it's placebo but I think it makes a huge difference. Then try it as is.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:34 PM   #4195
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Raider Ren - didn't want to quote both posts but yes I've been running with the new setup. 6-0 but the games against good teams feel like they should.

I was also interested in what you said about team construction. I played as Browns once with all madden sliders and went 16-0 in the second year so I gave that one up. But with the steelers I always trade Ben roethlisberger, William gay, Lawrence Timmons, mike Mitchell, Arthur moats, ect... Anyone close to 30 who is good enough to get a mid - high draft pick back. But then I trade those picks for rookies who aren't starting on their teams. I know a lot of house rules say don't trade for rookies, but it keeps year one interesting for me. My team is usually 79 overall to start but as you say, the overall ratings for players aren't always a true indication of what you see on the field in a game. Do you think my team is too dominant if I have, say, Karl Joseph, jaylon smith, and Leonard Floyd on defense combined with the young players on my team? Yes I know it's cheesy to trade for rookies that would never happen irl but it they're always rated lower, overall, than the players I traded away.
Well you have a high ceiling with those three young defensive players, but if it makes it fun for you go for it. But going back to player ratings, they may have a lower overall rating than the guys that you traded away, but they may have an equivalent or higher rating in a attributes that are pertinent to their respective positions, so keep that in mind.

At the end of the day it's still all-pro. Edge goes to the user over the CPU. You will win 75-80% of your games. That's just the nature of all-pro. I do have one update to the set that I'm going to make. I'll provide it in a separate post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-06-2016, 06:42 PM   #4196
Gaming Avenger

Week 2 is in the books for my franchise. I defeated the Falcons 40-31. The game once again felt great. I'll spare all of the stats for now. Despite my lengthy post about not making any more slider adjustments, I am going to make one change, even tho it goes against everything I said. I'm going to lower user run blocking to 25 from 50, and I may take it as low as 15-20. I am pounding the rock like it's nobody's business. For the second consecutive game, I broke another 80 yard TD run with Murray, and I also had a 40 yard TD run with Washington. My rushing averages are astronomical, which is giving me a huge advantage. That said, I love the way everything else is playing as is. User run blocking is the ONLY thing that I'm going to change. I'm going to enjoy the rest of the game for what it is.

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 11-06-2016 at 06:52 PM.
Old 11-06-2016, 06:50 PM   #4197
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm22mast
Yes I am playing fast speed . Il try deleting my profile, thanks. Hopefully that works. Should I not bump any CPU areas up or lower any user sliders though?

Thanks

Joe
I honestly think the profile thing is placebo. It always feels nice to start with a blank slate as they say. I did delete mine after the most recent tuner just because I didn't even have a franchise going at that point. Who knows, there might be some truth to it, but at the end of the day it's just a computer file.

All-pro isn't for everyone. If you use a decent-to-good team, you will win 75-80% of your games. You can try handicapping yourself with some of the ways that I suggested, and I do suggesting lowering user run block from 50. If you want a challenge, try the same default sliders with All-Madden. Play on Slow or Normal game speed, not Fast. There's your challenge. There's only so much that you can do with the game.

If you can't find all-pro to be satisfying, try default all-madden. I would suggest not messing with sliders too much with this game. Difficulty, global game speed and speed parity make the most difference in this game. I'll let Flazko chime in here, but clearly he's found proof in that with his Play Like Flazko set.
Old 11-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #4198
Rookie

Hmm usually I'm with you and lower human run blocking from where flazko sets the sliders at for realism but I'm happy for now. Leveon bell is leading the league in yards but I can't do anything with my two other RBs. Maybe you should delete your profile lol
Old 11-06-2016, 07:19 PM   #4199
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Hmm usually I'm with you and lower human run blocking from where flazko sets the sliders at for realism but I'm happy for now. Leveon bell is leading the league in yards but I can't do anything with my two other RBs. Maybe you should delete your profile lol
Touché, touché
Old 11-06-2016, 07:24 PM   #4200
Rookie

Okay so here's what I did. Be all end all no looking back. You guys probably don't care but I feel like if I post it maybe I won't start over tomorrow lol.

Traded roethlisberger and my 1st round pick for the Browns 1st this year, 1st next year, and 5th next year. Traded Arthur moats, mike Mitchell, and Lawrence Timmons for the cpu trade block offers(which I know I could get more if I added my own picks but I'm trying not to fleece them too much this time). Traded a 3rd this year and a 7th next year for geno smith. Now I'm going to trade the other veterans I know I can get middle picks for, without trading my own picks to get really high picks, and then pray no one important gets hurt. That should be a pretty decent handicap I think.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »