Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 544 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #4345
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

And get pressure on the CPU qb or he'll carve you apart!! As it should be
Old 11-13-2016, 09:30 AM   #4346
Rookie

Okay so I tried raider ren's update to the play like flazko set. As posted with 95 parity. First game was good. Never felt threatened but I would've finished with about 250 passing yards and just over 100 yards rushing on about 30 carries if not for a big catch and run in garbage time for 70 yards. Couldn't get a consistent running game going which is good. The cpu ran the ball well in the first and passed well in the second but didn't score. Only 6 points.

Second game got weird again lol. Only played 3 quarters before I gave up. I'm the steelers vs the bengals. My pass offense was realitvely normal. They were getting good pressure forcing at least 3 qb runs and 2 sacks. My running game was inconsistent again and then I broke an 81 yard run.

The bengals offense was the problem. Gio Bernard went for 200 yards in the first half plus 60 more in the third. I was trying everything. Cover 0 blitz, zone blitz, cover 1/3/4. And he wasn't gashing me. My d-line was stonewalled but my linebackers and secondary were there. The problems for me were lineman getting way down the field or receivers looking like rhinos. Or I'd play as a MLB and he'd break my tackle and then all 10 other guys are blocked heftily. Just seems like as the user you can still get decent penetration or containment but if you're relying on your defense you're in trouble. And I routinely am top 5 in the league when we would jack up run block for the purple/red/ect sets with the same players. Just one game but felt a little off with this setup.

Then conversely Andy dalton was about 3/18 for 24 yards. A few misses, good presure and some bad play calls. It felt like the cpu said "okay we're getting 350 yards and 35 points no matter what so here's your balance" lol.

So I think it's going to be play like flazko set and I'll tweak as I go until flazko comes out with his new adjustments. Maybe with everything skewed(purple/red sets) towards the cpu it doesn't mess them up as much to go that high on one slider but with the even sets it throws it off a bit.
Old 11-13-2016, 10:50 AM   #4347
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
No that's the one outlier. Higher the fumble slider for both user and CPU for less fumbles. Decrease it for more fumbles.
ok cool thanks! So the rest is pretty much the other way as in your other post?
Old 11-13-2016, 11:14 AM   #4348
Rookie

Some thought after 5 games in using the All Pro Play Like Set:
  • CPU Run game is pretty bad, I'm going to try bumping up to 90 as Flazko/RR have
  • My run game is a bit overpowered (Colts shouldn't be running easy every game :P), I'll drop to 10.
  • Feels like this is far too many INTs/Sacks across the league. I might try dropping INTs to 45 for both me and the CPU

Other than that I'm having some very enjoyable games, keep up the good work!
Old 11-13-2016, 11:43 AM   #4349
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPantsHess
Okay so I tried raider ren's update to the play like flazko set. As posted with 95 parity. First game was good. Never felt threatened but I would've finished with about 250 passing yards and just over 100 yards rushing on about 30 carries if not for a big catch and run in garbage time for 70 yards. Couldn't get a consistent running game going which is good. The cpu ran the ball well in the first and passed well in the second but didn't score. Only 6 points.

Second game got weird again lol. Only played 3 quarters before I gave up. I'm the steelers vs the bengals. My pass offense was realitvely normal. They were getting good pressure forcing at least 3 qb runs and 2 sacks. My running game was inconsistent again and then I broke an 81 yard run.

The bengals offense was the problem. Gio Bernard went for 200 yards in the first half plus 60 more in the third. I was trying everything. Cover 0 blitz, zone blitz, cover 1/3/4. And he wasn't gashing me. My d-line was stonewalled but my linebackers and secondary were there. The problems for me were lineman getting way down the field or receivers looking like rhinos. Or I'd play as a MLB and he'd break my tackle and then all 10 other guys are blocked heftily. Just seems like as the user you can still get decent penetration or containment but if you're relying on your defense you're in trouble. And I routinely am top 5 in the league when we would jack up run block for the purple/red/ect sets with the same players. Just one game but felt a little off with this setup.

Then conversely Andy dalton was about 3/18 for 24 yards. A few misses, good presure and some bad play calls. It felt like the cpu said "okay we're getting 350 yards and 35 points no matter what so here's your balance" lol.

So I think it's going to be play like flazko set and I'll tweak as I go until flazko comes out with his new adjustments. Maybe with everything skewed(purple/red sets) towards the cpu it doesn't mess them up as much to go that high on one slider but with the even sets it throws it off a bit.
Play Like Raider Ren set (cousin of Play Like Flazko set) is playing great for me. I lost to Tennessee 27-24 in week 3 - and beat the Ravens 26-20 in week 4. Ravens were the first team to shut down my running game. Luckily Cooper stepped up. Ravens only had 6 points at the half off of a pick 6. I was in control for most of the game. Flazko was 57% complete, compared to Mariota's 73% in week 3. Carr was once again right around 70. Matchups are everything in madden, especially when the base of our set is 50/50 - true ratings and matchups matter. The Titans did a better job matching up with my high flying offense and covering up my bread and butter plays. Yet, I was able to gash them with my running game even though I lost. The Ravens stuffed my run, but could not contain my passing game. As a whole, the did not match up as well and that's why I won.

At this point, I'm not going to change anything else. If I downright dominate my next 2-3 games, there are a few options. (Increase CPU reaction to 75 and CPU coverage to 75-100). If I see that Mariota's performance was an outlier, I will consider increasing CPU accuracy and /or decreasing user reaction and coverage. These are just ideas. To reiterate I have no intentions of changing anything further at this point.

Raiders are 3-1 to this point!

Last edited by Raider_Ren; 11-15-2016 at 04:31 PM.
Old 11-13-2016, 11:50 AM   #4350
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCityColt
Some thought after 5 games in using the All Pro Play Like Set:
  • CPU Run game is pretty bad, I'm going to try bumping up to 90 as Flazko/RR have
  • My run game is a bit overpowered (Colts shouldn't be running easy every game :P), I'll drop to 10.
  • Feels like this is far too many INTs/Sacks across the league. I might try dropping INTs to 45 for both me and the CPU

Other than that I'm having some very enjoyable games, keep up the good work!
I agree with and like everything that you said. You'll still get some good runs at 10, and the CPU will still struggle at times at 90. But the running game as a whole is much more balanced.

I suggest leaving INTs at 50/50. The idea is to make the passing game more realistic and challenging. DBs should have a 50-50 shot at the ball. Plus this minimizes the temptation of forcing a pass where it shouldn't go. Yes on fast it's going to be challenging. Know your primary and secondary route before the snap. Also have an idea where you're check down or underneath guy is. Learn to throw it away, or take the sack. Live to see another day.
Old 11-13-2016, 02:50 PM   #4351
Rookie

Ryan2010's Arena

how is the qb accuracy at 5 on all pro set? do you see some missed and off target throws?
Old 11-13-2016, 04:40 PM   #4352
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2010
how is the qb accuracy at 5 on all pro set? do you see some missed and off target throws?
Yeah definitely. I'm still completing 70% throgugh 4 weeks, so I may reevaluate after a few more games. But I'll probably do 75 CPU reaction and 100 CPU coverage if I decide to make a change. Lowering QB accuracy beyond 5 doesn't do all that much.

Last edited by Raider_Ren; 11-13-2016 at 04:59 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »