Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 560 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 11-20-2016, 04:06 PM   #4473
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
In those 21-21 first quarter games, is it all from big plays? How are you getting that many points? I'm curious - I'm working on my all-madden set right now.
Usually I can march down the field with the run or weave through the defense with a receiver. On the other side it's either robo qbs or big plays in the running game.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:16 PM   #4474
All Star

Flazko's Arena

For you guys complaining about cpu not being competitive. The fact that you use Slow speed has an effect. I personally like slow but I'm also not one of the guys complaining about the cpu being too easy. Maybe think about using Normal or Fast to help the cpu react better.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:22 PM   #4475
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPantsHess
Usually I can march down the field with the run or weave through the defense with a receiver. On the other side it's either robo qbs or big plays in the running game.
That's why All Pro is the way to go. To me, don't matter how much you lower cpu sliders on All Madden, they're still playing unrealistic.
Everyone knows all madden slows down USER players and speeds up cpu players. That's probably why the Devs use All Pro. It's more balanced. I rather higher cpu sliders on All Pro than to lower them on All Madden, I see more of an actual difference. I even think default All Pro is pretty balanced and challenging depending who you play. Plus I have my own house rules on how I play . Default sliders, Game speed Normal and default Speed parity. I have been trying out complete default settings with the exception of putting injury from 10 to 50 and turning off Assists and Visual Feedback and its actually not bad. Not perfect, but not bad.

Last edited by Flazko; 11-20-2016 at 04:25 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:39 PM   #4476
All Star

Flazko's Arena

My opinion on game speed is that you have to realize, Slow plays great for animations and overall feel but it also slows down the overall speed, we are smarter than the CPU so it's easier for us to react and change field quicker, make faster reactions. We're at more of an advantage, I like to call it a "God View" because we have more control of what's going on and more time to react and notice what's happening. When you use normal speed it's more balanced, the cpu reacts a little quicker and can match us for reaction time. Things happen a little quicker. When you use fast speed it feels as if the cpu has a little more advantage because they're reacting way quicker than the human eye unless you're totally focused but it'll have you at the edge of your seat. I'm not one who's complained about competition. I care more about how fluid the game feels. I care more about realistic animations and player movement. Stats also matter to me but I feel if you can get the movement correct and have a realistic play style (not playing cheap : making a million hot routes, moving players to fill in gaps, using money plays over and over and other cheap things), the game will feel better and be more satisfying. You also need to take notice what team you're using and who you're playing, you can't expect every game to be competitive, not every game is competitive in real life. You have the cream of the crop and bottom feeder teams. You can't also expect Realism when you jack up the cpu sliders to make a bad running team a good running team, etc..

Well that's my opinion and I've been having a good time playing this year. Hope everyone finds what they're looking for but we're already mid point of the NFL season. An other half year and we'll have Madden 18, it's time to settle down and enjoy the game, accept some bs here and there, it's madden, the game is no where near perfect regardless the sliders you use. Learn to pick your battles with sliders and settings, you're going to find something that'll give you competitive games but also give you some warping or vice versa. Learn to ignore some things and accept it. You give a little and take a little. You may get something that pleases you as well as something that annoys you, that's madden Lol

Last edited by Flazko; 11-20-2016 at 04:41 PM.
Old 11-20-2016, 04:50 PM   #4477
Rookie

Ryan2010's Arena

I first appreciate all your hard work flazko,and i know its a video game so it will never be truly perfect of course. im going to go back to normal personally because the cpu run game isnt as strong at fast speed unless they bounce it outside. but again i only follow your sets personally, you have helped make this game as enjoyable as possible imo
Old 11-20-2016, 04:52 PM   #4478
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2010
I first appreciate all your hard work flazko,and i know its a video game so it will never be truly perfect of course. im going to go back to normal personally because the cpu run game isnt as strong at fast speed unless they bounce it outside. but again i only follow your sets personally, you have helped make this game as enjoyable as possible imo
You're welcome and I appreciate that. My goal was never to make madden perfect (it's not possible) but to make it play better.
Old 11-20-2016, 05:56 PM   #4479
Rookie

Ryan2010's Arena

Ren im looking forward to your set. how much longer is the wait? lol
Old 11-20-2016, 06:50 PM   #4480
Rookie

The best way to describe my opinion on game speed is that slow makes it a "team" game. On normal or fast I can weave through a defense or past an o-line fast enough that the other players I'm not controlling don't matter. I don't need 6 guys to block correctly or every gap to be filled. I'll overrun plays on D or over correct with the ball to even things out some but not enough. On slow I need everything to develop just perfectly to get a 10 yard run or stop a play for no gain as opposed to being able to use my "stick skills". That's why slow is more challenging than fast for me.

I think I'm going to stick with purple on slow with 95 parity. How high would you go with cpu run blocking, pass coverage, ect if I need to tweak but still making ratings matter?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »