Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-24-2016, 12:13 PM   #41
Rookie

PrimetimeUTK's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Alright here we go, first game of regular season...

Vikings @ Titans (me)

CFM as Coach. Switched Titans to a 4-3 Defense and signed Greg Hardy. Also, trade Dexter McCluster to Vikings for Cordarelle Patterson (homer UT pickup, but for return purposes).

Will post boxscore when complete. Using sliders that are posted as of 11am 8/24.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 12:26 PM   #42
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaf93
Sliders are good, might need some tweaking here and there...played one game so far (15. min Qtr). Here is what i noticed:

1. Total Off. Yards gained CPU: 580 (380 rush yds. my MLB went down so well see how this will go on) Me: 606 (Shredded the Pats through the air with the Cards)
Tweak whatever you like to fit your liking. Sliders are never a "one size fits all". I personally have had to put my run blocking from 50 to 46 because my offensive line (Cowboys) is too beast lol. I also recommend keeping user QB accuracy between 5-8. Anything lower will probably be too frustrating.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:36 PM   #43
Rookie

Sorry if this is a dumb question but can you/anyone please explain how the speed parity works?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-24-2016, 12:42 PM   #44
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey.aaron23
Sorry if this is a dumb question but can you/anyone please explain how the speed parity works?

It's a setting used to try and balance the fastest players (92 and up speed ratings) and the slowest players (76 and under speed ratings). Any player with a speed between 80 and 90 aren't really affected, I've also noticed it helps keep players feet on the ground, they don't glide or slide as much. Balancing the speeds creates more Realism. It limits outrageous recurring big plays and makes them more rare and earned. Most NFL players are only a few steps in each others speed range. Yes linemen are slower but RBs, WRs, CBs are all around the same speed of each other. With my speed parity scale setting at 90, elite speeds are more noticeable and big plays are earned so you'd need to really pick a play with a purpose, you need to look at match ups and take advantage of a weakness.

Last edited by Flazko; 08-24-2016 at 12:44 PM.
Old 08-24-2016, 12:54 PM   #45
Rookie

Okay so if it was set lower let's say at 0, slow players would be keeping up with the fast players majority of the time?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-24-2016, 12:55 PM   #46
Rookie

PrimetimeUTK's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimetimeUTK
Alright here we go, first game of regular season...

Vikings @ Titans (me)

CFM as Coach. Switched Titans to a 4-3 Defense and signed Greg Hardy. Also, trade Dexter McCluster to Vikings for Cordarelle Patterson (homer UT pickup, but for return purposes).

Will post boxscore when complete. Using sliders that are posted as of 11am 8/24.
Just finished first half and here are a few notes:
- 15 min QTRs with Acc Clock produced 62 first half plays (includes the 3 punts).
- Both teams have around 250 yds of Offense.
- 2 Huge plays for both teams.
- Both QBs are over 73% CMP.
- CPU QB has too much time in pocket, leading to either a sack or a somewhat big pass play from them where coverage is gone and receivers are coming back to the ball.
- Neither team can run the ball, lol. Demarco fumbled on first play of game, haha!
- I have 4 sacks already, including one scooped up by Greg Hardy and run back for a TD.
- Penalties seem really nice.
- Auto subs seem really nice.

Overall, feel of the game is good. Just need more defense for me when it comes to both HUM and CPU.

Finishing up game now...

Titans 38
Vikings 33

Turnovers
Titans 2
Vikings 5

Offense
Titans 434
Vikings 577

Rushing
Titans 93
Vikings 107

Defense
Titans 6 sacks, 4 ints
Vikings 0 sacks, 0 ints

Passing
Mariota 18/26 341 3/0
Bridgewater 32/49 505 3/4

Rushing
Murray 2.0 ypc, 1 fumble
Henry 4.0 ypc, 1 fumble
Peterson 3.6 ypc
Mckinnon 3.0 ypc

Penalties
Titans 4-35
Vikings 10-73

Pass DEF for both sides are what I feel need some help. Too much time in pocket for QBs. I don't think coverage is tight enough throughout, no matter if you man or zone, press or not. Seems like receivers have too much room to operate most of the time.

Last edited by PrimetimeUTK; 08-24-2016 at 01:37 PM. Reason: Game results
Old 08-24-2016, 01:46 PM   #47
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by corey.aaron23
Okay so if it was set lower let's say at 0, slow players would be keeping up with the fast players majority of the time?

No. Opposite of that. If you set it to 0 then there's no balancing, a 92 speed player will never be caught by a player who has a 88 or lower speed. If you set it to 100 then every player will virtually be the same exact speed. If you set to 0 you will see big play after big play if you have a elite speed WR and the players will sometimes slide on the field.
Old 08-24-2016, 01:49 PM   #48
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimetimeUTK
Just finished first half and here are a few notes:
- 15 min QTRs with Acc Clock produced 62 first half plays (includes the 3 punts).
- Both teams have around 250 yds of Offense.
- 2 Huge plays for both teams.
- Both QBs are over 73% CMP.
- CPU QB has too much time in pocket, leading to either a sack or a somewhat big pass play from them where coverage is gone and receivers are coming back to the ball.
- Neither team can run the ball, lol. Demarco fumbled on first play of game, haha!
- I have 4 sacks already, including one scooped up by Greg Hardy and run back for a TD.
- Penalties seem really nice.
- Auto subs seem really nice.

Overall, feel of the game is good. Just need more defense for me when it comes to both HUM and CPU.

Finishing up game now...

Titans 38
Vikings 33

Turnovers
Titans 2
Vikings 5

Offense
Titans 434
Vikings 577

Rushing
Titans 93
Vikings 107

Defense
Titans 6 sacks, 4 ints
Vikings 0 sacks, 0 ints

Passing
Mariota 18/26 341 3/0
Bridgewater 32/49 505 3/4

Rushing
Murray 2.0 ypc, 1 fumble
Henry 4.0 ypc, 1 fumble
Peterson 3.6 ypc
Mckinnon 3.0 ypc

Penalties
Titans 4-35
Vikings 10-73

Pass DEF for both sides are what I feel need some help. Too much time in pocket for QBs. I don't think coverage is tight enough throughout, no matter if you man or zone, press or not. Seems like receivers have too much room to operate most of the time.
Overall, nice stats, and yes I started working on pass defense and pass blocking this morning, right now I'm using pass coverage at 56 and pass blocking at 38,but I'm testing it before I update.

Edit: forgot to mention that your rushing stats and CPU rushing stats look spot on what I wanna see.

Last edited by Flazko; 08-24-2016 at 01:55 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »