Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 628 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 12-03-2016, 02:49 AM   #5017
49ers

OVR: 43
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

So, really dug in to the QB accuracy issue tonight.

1. The slider works, but if the pocket is clean, the effect is nearly invisible. An "off-target" throw is, at most, enough to prevent run after catch.

2. The slider's effect can be seen when the QB throws under pressure.

3. There appears to be a threshold of accuracy ratings below which no difference is apparent. I.E., 30 MAC is the same as 60 MAC. Im not *sure* about this, but I did just get torched by a punter in CFM.

4. It appears any rusher who is "engaged" is considered "blocked" and thus, if all rushers are engaged (even if currently in a freeing animation) the QB is effectively alone with his receiver on the field.

We tend to think that QBs with no pressure are perfect. This is really only true of Drew Brees, who has supernatural muscle memory and is probably only surpassed by Joe Montana in the accuracy department. You might remember this past combine, Carson Wentz (an overall accurate passer) throwing dig routes in the dirt in drills. Even without an end in a QBs face, he should make bad throws.

The only real way to combat this is to increase pressure on the QB. The final huge legacy problem not to be addressed is that; binary engage/disengage states for blocking. It's really holding this game back. There are so many other bright spots I've seen, subtle things like way ratings work across the board in nearly all other areas (there are still huge issues with DBs never crashing down on routes, but it IS better overall).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Last edited by adembroski; 12-03-2016 at 02:54 AM.
Old 12-03-2016, 05:50 AM   #5018
Rookie

OVR: 0

Interesting post. Basically we thought that before but just in football/slider terms without the research evidence. Without pressure the qbs are robo. Can the same be said for the user qb? Accuracy isn't a factor to a point if the pocket is clean?
Old 12-03-2016, 08:29 AM   #5019
Pro

PhillyPhannnn's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Dude it's all right there posted. Lol

Oh **** me I feel like an idiot how did I not see that

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Football- Super Bowl Champion Eagles
Old 12-03-2016, 09:00 AM   #5020
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
So, really dug in to the QB accuracy issue tonight.

1. The slider works, but if the pocket is clean, the effect is nearly invisible. An "off-target" throw is, at most, enough to prevent run after catch.

2. The slider's effect can be seen when the QB throws under pressure.

3. There appears to be a threshold of accuracy ratings below which no difference is apparent. I.E., 30 MAC is the same as 60 MAC. Im not *sure* about this, but I did just get torched by a punter in CFM.

4. It appears any rusher who is "engaged" is considered "blocked" and thus, if all rushers are engaged (even if currently in a freeing animation) the QB is effectively alone with his receiver on the field.

We tend to think that QBs with no pressure are perfect. This is really only true of Drew Brees, who has supernatural muscle memory and is probably only surpassed by Joe Montana in the accuracy department. You might remember this past combine, Carson Wentz (an overall accurate passer) throwing dig routes in the dirt in drills. Even without an end in a QBs face, he should make bad throws.

The only real way to combat this is to increase pressure on the QB. The final huge legacy problem not to be addressed is that; binary engage/disengage states for blocking. It's really holding this game back. There are so many other bright spots I've seen, subtle things like way ratings work across the board in nearly all other areas (there are still huge issues with DBs never crashing down on routes, but it IS better overall).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
This is great analysis and info. Thanks for your research and sharing. As a "band-aid" would it make sense to drop pass blocking to 0 for at least the CPU? I'm rolling with All-Madden, and while I have solid set, I'm curious if CPU QB accuracy left at 50 or even lowered to 2, but pass blocking set to 0 that this would create more pressure.

My All-Madden set is:

12 min/ 20 sec

Game speed = Slow

Parity: 50
Fatigue: 65
Injuries: TBD (I've read from other Madden experts that this must be changed to 50 from 10 in the Main Menu, even if you drop it a bit in your CFM)

Penalties: all at 50 in MM and CFM

User/ CPU

QB Accuracy: 2/2
Pass blk: 25/5
WR catch: 50/50

Run block: 50/50
Fumbles: 55/55

Reaction: 50/50
INTs: 50/45
Coverage: 50/50

Tackle: 40/40

FGP: 50/50
FGA: 37/37
PP: 50/50
PA: 97/97
KOP: 50/50

This set creates a fairly balanced approach to All-Madden, so I'm hesitant to change anything at this point. In fact, unless anyone out there discovers a magic formula, I'm done messing with sliders at this point.

Great point though about the QB Accuracy in general. QBs shouldn't be 100% accurate with no pressure. EA should essentially redesign the coding of their QB Accuracy, or create a separate QB/ Defensive pressure or awareness slider of some sort. In an NFL game, most incompletetions are not via pass breakups, rather they are simply passes that go no where (in the ground, or way out of the range for anyone).

Good stuff.

Last edited by Raider_Ren; 12-03-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Old 12-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #5021
Rookie

I've played 3 games with all madden, all sliders 50/50, flazkos penalties and auto subs, 50 parity, slow speed, 15/15 clock. Geno smith is my qb and he's completing 75% of his passes so that's an issue. Sometimes the cpu has all day to pass until the coverage breaks down, but I'm still 3rd in the league in sacks with 11. A few fumbles but not crazy and could be a fluke. I'm 2nd in rush yards against after completely shutting down the redskins and bengals, then the Eagles ran for over 100. I'm 3-0 and the cpu has done enough to come back in the second half but it seems I'm always jumping out to a 3 score lead.

I'd like a better pass rush to keep the cpu in check but I don't want my sack totals to get too high. The cpu run game definitely needs improving. I've been sacked 5 times so I think I can lower my pass blocking to keep my pass totals down.

I'm really not seeing too much difference between default and say Ren's set with 2/2 accuracy he just posted. I've tried similar sets. Really red set 2 might be the most challenging even though it looks slanted towards the user. I might give Ren's set a shot tonight
Old 12-03-2016, 11:54 AM   #5022
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPantsHess
I've played 3 games with all madden, all sliders 50/50, flazkos penalties and auto subs, 50 parity, slow speed, 15/15 clock. Geno smith is my qb and he's completing 75% of his passes so that's an issue. Sometimes the cpu has all day to pass until the coverage breaks down, but I'm still 3rd in the league in sacks with 11. A few fumbles but not crazy and could be a fluke. I'm 2nd in rush yards against after completely shutting down the redskins and bengals, then the Eagles ran for over 100. I'm 3-0 and the cpu has done enough to come back in the second half but it seems I'm always jumping out to a 3 score lead.

I'd like a better pass rush to keep the cpu in check but I don't want my sack totals to get too high. The cpu run game definitely needs improving. I've been sacked 5 times so I think I can lower my pass blocking to keep my pass totals down.

I'm really not seeing too much difference between default and say Ren's set with 2/2 accuracy he just posted. I've tried similar sets. Really red set 2 might be the most challenging even though it looks slanted towards the user. I might give Ren's set a shot tonight
Use 12 min quarters/ 20 sec playclock runoff. You do not get enough plays in with 10 min quarters
Old 12-03-2016, 11:55 AM   #5023
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

And put CPU run blocking back up to 50
Old 12-03-2016, 07:47 PM   #5024
Pro

Davon_A_Brown's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
This is great analysis and info. Thanks for your research and sharing. As a "band-aid" would it make sense to drop pass blocking to 0 for at least the CPU? I'm rolling with All-Madden, and while I have solid set, I'm curious if CPU QB accuracy left at 50 or even lowered to 2, but pass blocking set to 0 that this would create more pressure.

My All-Madden set is:

12 min/ 20 sec

Game speed = Slow

Parity: 50
Fatigue: 65
Injuries: TBD (I've read from other Madden experts that this must be changed to 50 from 10 in the Main Menu, even if you drop it a bit in your CFM)

Penalties: all at 50 in MM and CFM

User/ CPU

QB Accuracy: 2/2
Pass blk: 25/5
WR catch: 50/50

Run block: 50/50
Fumbles: 55/55

Reaction: 50/50
INTs: 50/45
Coverage: 50/50

Tackle: 40/40

FGP: 50/50
FGA: 37/37
PP: 50/50
PA: 97/97
KOP: 50/50

This set creates a fairly balanced approach to All-Madden, so I'm hesitant to change anything at this point. In fact, unless anyone out there discovers a magic formula, I'm done messing with sliders at this point.

Great point though about the QB Accuracy in general. QBs shouldn't be 100% accurate with no pressure. EA should essentially redesign the coding of their QB Accuracy, or create a separate QB/ Defensive pressure or awareness slider of some sort. In an NFL game, most incompletetions are not via pass breakups, rather they are simply passes that go no where (in the ground, or way out of the range for anyone).

Good stuff.

I'm gonna run with these for a few games in my Lions' franchise. I use 15/15 quarters, 40/60 for injuries and fatigue with Flazko's auto-sub and penalty settings from the OP.

My main issues with default All-Madden are QB accuracy, pass rush, and man coverage. These sliders look like you addressed at least two of the three.

I'll give feedback soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »