Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 628 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 12-03-2016, 02:49 AM   #5017
49ers
 
OVR: 43
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Prescott, AZ
Posts: 5,251
Blog Entries: 20
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

So, really dug in to the QB accuracy issue tonight.

1. The slider works, but if the pocket is clean, the effect is nearly invisible. An "off-target" throw is, at most, enough to prevent run after catch.

2. The slider's effect can be seen when the QB throws under pressure.

3. There appears to be a threshold of accuracy ratings below which no difference is apparent. I.E., 30 MAC is the same as 60 MAC. Im not *sure* about this, but I did just get torched by a punter in CFM.

4. It appears any rusher who is "engaged" is considered "blocked" and thus, if all rushers are engaged (even if currently in a freeing animation) the QB is effectively alone with his receiver on the field.

We tend to think that QBs with no pressure are perfect. This is really only true of Drew Brees, who has supernatural muscle memory and is probably only surpassed by Joe Montana in the accuracy department. You might remember this past combine, Carson Wentz (an overall accurate passer) throwing dig routes in the dirt in drills. Even without an end in a QBs face, he should make bad throws.

The only real way to combat this is to increase pressure on the QB. The final huge legacy problem not to be addressed is that; binary engage/disengage states for blocking. It's really holding this game back. There are so many other bright spots I've seen, subtle things like way ratings work across the board in nearly all other areas (there are still huge issues with DBs never crashing down on routes, but it IS better overall).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
__________________
pleh

Last edited by adembroski; 12-03-2016 at 02:54 AM.
adembroski is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 05:50 AM   #5018
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2011
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Interesting post. Basically we thought that before but just in football/slider terms without the research evidence. Without pressure the qbs are robo. Can the same be said for the user qb? Accuracy isn't a factor to a point if the pocket is clean?
FancyPantsHess is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 08:29 AM   #5019
Pro
 
PhillyPhannnn's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Dude it's all right there posted. Lol


Oh **** me I feel like an idiot how did I not see that


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
Baseball- Phillies
Basketball- Sixers
Hockey- Flyers
Football- Super Bowl Champion Eagles
PhillyPhannnn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 09:00 AM   #5020
Gridiron Simulation
 
Raider_Ren's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wolcott
Posts: 2,076
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
So, really dug in to the QB accuracy issue tonight.

1. The slider works, but if the pocket is clean, the effect is nearly invisible. An "off-target" throw is, at most, enough to prevent run after catch.

2. The slider's effect can be seen when the QB throws under pressure.

3. There appears to be a threshold of accuracy ratings below which no difference is apparent. I.E., 30 MAC is the same as 60 MAC. Im not *sure* about this, but I did just get torched by a punter in CFM.

4. It appears any rusher who is "engaged" is considered "blocked" and thus, if all rushers are engaged (even if currently in a freeing animation) the QB is effectively alone with his receiver on the field.

We tend to think that QBs with no pressure are perfect. This is really only true of Drew Brees, who has supernatural muscle memory and is probably only surpassed by Joe Montana in the accuracy department. You might remember this past combine, Carson Wentz (an overall accurate passer) throwing dig routes in the dirt in drills. Even without an end in a QBs face, he should make bad throws.

The only real way to combat this is to increase pressure on the QB. The final huge legacy problem not to be addressed is that; binary engage/disengage states for blocking. It's really holding this game back. There are so many other bright spots I've seen, subtle things like way ratings work across the board in nearly all other areas (there are still huge issues with DBs never crashing down on routes, but it IS better overall).

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
This is great analysis and info. Thanks for your research and sharing. As a "band-aid" would it make sense to drop pass blocking to 0 for at least the CPU? I'm rolling with All-Madden, and while I have solid set, I'm curious if CPU QB accuracy left at 50 or even lowered to 2, but pass blocking set to 0 that this would create more pressure.

My All-Madden set is:

12 min/ 20 sec

Game speed = Slow

Parity: 50
Fatigue: 65
Injuries: TBD (I've read from other Madden experts that this must be changed to 50 from 10 in the Main Menu, even if you drop it a bit in your CFM)

Penalties: all at 50 in MM and CFM

User/ CPU

QB Accuracy: 2/2
Pass blk: 25/5
WR catch: 50/50

Run block: 50/50
Fumbles: 55/55

Reaction: 50/50
INTs: 50/45
Coverage: 50/50

Tackle: 40/40

FGP: 50/50
FGA: 37/37
PP: 50/50
PA: 97/97
KOP: 50/50

This set creates a fairly balanced approach to All-Madden, so I'm hesitant to change anything at this point. In fact, unless anyone out there discovers a magic formula, I'm done messing with sliders at this point.

Great point though about the QB Accuracy in general. QBs shouldn't be 100% accurate with no pressure. EA should essentially redesign the coding of their QB Accuracy, or create a separate QB/ Defensive pressure or awareness slider of some sort. In an NFL game, most incompletetions are not via pass breakups, rather they are simply passes that go no where (in the ground, or way out of the range for anyone).

Good stuff.

Last edited by Raider_Ren; 12-03-2016 at 01:31 PM.
Raider_Ren is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 10:21 AM   #5021
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2011
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

I've played 3 games with all madden, all sliders 50/50, flazkos penalties and auto subs, 50 parity, slow speed, 15/15 clock. Geno smith is my qb and he's completing 75% of his passes so that's an issue. Sometimes the cpu has all day to pass until the coverage breaks down, but I'm still 3rd in the league in sacks with 11. A few fumbles but not crazy and could be a fluke. I'm 2nd in rush yards against after completely shutting down the redskins and bengals, then the Eagles ran for over 100. I'm 3-0 and the cpu has done enough to come back in the second half but it seems I'm always jumping out to a 3 score lead.

I'd like a better pass rush to keep the cpu in check but I don't want my sack totals to get too high. The cpu run game definitely needs improving. I've been sacked 5 times so I think I can lower my pass blocking to keep my pass totals down.

I'm really not seeing too much difference between default and say Ren's set with 2/2 accuracy he just posted. I've tried similar sets. Really red set 2 might be the most challenging even though it looks slanted towards the user. I might give Ren's set a shot tonight
FancyPantsHess is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:54 AM   #5022
Gridiron Simulation
 
Raider_Ren's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wolcott
Posts: 2,076
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by FancyPantsHess
I've played 3 games with all madden, all sliders 50/50, flazkos penalties and auto subs, 50 parity, slow speed, 15/15 clock. Geno smith is my qb and he's completing 75% of his passes so that's an issue. Sometimes the cpu has all day to pass until the coverage breaks down, but I'm still 3rd in the league in sacks with 11. A few fumbles but not crazy and could be a fluke. I'm 2nd in rush yards against after completely shutting down the redskins and bengals, then the Eagles ran for over 100. I'm 3-0 and the cpu has done enough to come back in the second half but it seems I'm always jumping out to a 3 score lead.

I'd like a better pass rush to keep the cpu in check but I don't want my sack totals to get too high. The cpu run game definitely needs improving. I've been sacked 5 times so I think I can lower my pass blocking to keep my pass totals down.

I'm really not seeing too much difference between default and say Ren's set with 2/2 accuracy he just posted. I've tried similar sets. Really red set 2 might be the most challenging even though it looks slanted towards the user. I might give Ren's set a shot tonight
Use 12 min quarters/ 20 sec playclock runoff. You do not get enough plays in with 10 min quarters
Raider_Ren is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 11:55 AM   #5023
Gridiron Simulation
 
Raider_Ren's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Wolcott
Posts: 2,076
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

And put CPU run blocking back up to 50
Raider_Ren is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2016, 07:47 PM   #5024
Pro
 
Davon_A_Brown's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Detroit, Michigan
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
This is great analysis and info. Thanks for your research and sharing. As a "band-aid" would it make sense to drop pass blocking to 0 for at least the CPU? I'm rolling with All-Madden, and while I have solid set, I'm curious if CPU QB accuracy left at 50 or even lowered to 2, but pass blocking set to 0 that this would create more pressure.

My All-Madden set is:

12 min/ 20 sec

Game speed = Slow

Parity: 50
Fatigue: 65
Injuries: TBD (I've read from other Madden experts that this must be changed to 50 from 10 in the Main Menu, even if you drop it a bit in your CFM)

Penalties: all at 50 in MM and CFM

User/ CPU

QB Accuracy: 2/2
Pass blk: 25/5
WR catch: 50/50

Run block: 50/50
Fumbles: 55/55

Reaction: 50/50
INTs: 50/45
Coverage: 50/50

Tackle: 40/40

FGP: 50/50
FGA: 37/37
PP: 50/50
PA: 97/97
KOP: 50/50

This set creates a fairly balanced approach to All-Madden, so I'm hesitant to change anything at this point. In fact, unless anyone out there discovers a magic formula, I'm done messing with sliders at this point.

Great point though about the QB Accuracy in general. QBs shouldn't be 100% accurate with no pressure. EA should essentially redesign the coding of their QB Accuracy, or create a separate QB/ Defensive pressure or awareness slider of some sort. In an NFL game, most incompletetions are not via pass breakups, rather they are simply passes that go no where (in the ground, or way out of the range for anyone).

Good stuff.


I'm gonna run with these for a few games in my Lions' franchise. I use 15/15 quarters, 40/60 for injuries and fatigue with Flazko's auto-sub and penalty settings from the OP.

My main issues with default All-Madden are QB accuracy, pass rush, and man coverage. These sliders look like you addressed at least two of the three.

I'll give feedback soon.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Davon_A_Brown is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:30 AM.

Top -