Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-07-2016, 08:23 PM   #5265
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is going to sound crazy. I am going to use the new true sim set in my franchise, but with slow game speed and 7 minute/ 20 second quarters. I can't explain the phenomenon with that, but it's working for me.

The true sim set is awesome Flazko. It's very different than anything else that I've used previously, but I'm really enjoying it. You get a true collapsing pocket on offense, and on the flip side, I can actually rush with my edge defender - as in, I can actually control and utilize Khalil Mack. The passing game, on both sides of the field, is fun. I find the defensive side of the ball to be a bit more challenging than the offensive side of the ball, which is a nice change. The running game is a grind, but you have to stick with it. I played a couple of halfs using 12 min/ 20 sec quarters and I would have some 2-3 yard carries, but then occasionally break through. The key is that you need to capitalize when you get room to run. I've also get stuffed in the backfield, which was cool to see. Frustrating, but realistic. I was also able to stuff the CPU in the backfield, as well as concede some shorter and longer runs.

I like my default style version of your all-madden red set 1, but I'm going to roll with your true sim set going forward - especially since I'm able to get more games in with the reduced quarter time. That will help since kid number 2 is due at the end of January, and 45-50 minutes of real time is easier to complete than an hour and a half.

I'm restarting my franchise for one last time. I plan to play my opener vs the Saints on Friday night, and then I'm gonna bang out some games this weekend.

Good stuff man! I'm gonna leave catching at 25 and put INTs somewhere between 42-47.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 08:34 PM   #5266
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
This is going to sound crazy. I am going to use the new true sim set in my franchise, but with slow game speed and 7 minute/ 20 second quarters. I can't explain the phenomenon with that, but it's working for me.

The true sim set is awesome Flazko. It's very different than anything else that I've used previously, but I'm really enjoying it. You get a true collapsing pocket on offense, and on the flip side, I can actually rush with my edge defender - as in, I can actually control and utilize Khalil Mack. The passing game, on both sides of the field, is fun. I find the defensive side of the ball to be a bit more challenging than the offensive side of the ball, which is a nice change. The running game is a grind, but you have to stick with it. I played a couple of halfs using 12 min/ 20 sec quarters and I would have some 2-3 yard carries, but then occasionally break through. The key is that you need to capitalize when you get room to run. I've also get stuffed in the backfield, which was cool to see. Frustrating, but realistic. I was also able to stuff the CPU in the backfield, as well as concede some shorter and longer runs.

I like my default style version of your all-madden red set 1, but I'm going to roll with your true sim set going forward - especially since I'm able to get more games in with the reduced quarter time. That will help since kid number 2 is due at the end of January, and 45-50 minutes of real time is easier to complete than an hour and a half.

I'm restarting my franchise for one last time. I plan to play my opener vs the Saints on Friday night, and then I'm gonna bang out some games this weekend.

Good stuff man! I'm gonna leave catching at 25 and put INTs somewhere between 42-47.
Glad you like it. I think it's very fun, realistic and challenging.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:45 PM   #5267
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Glad you like it. I think it's very fun, realistic and challenging.
Exactly. It also feels very unhinged and natural. I love the default feel, but for lack of better expression, defaukt feels tight. The true sim set feels natural, and anything can happen - it doesn't feel restrictive while you're in the middle of a play, if that makes sense. It feels like playing a game in person. I'm loving it. That said, and this goes for anyone hesitant or just trying it out, it does take a little while to get used to it. But once you do, the pros outweigh any cons IMO.

It's definitely not for everyone though.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:47 PM   #5268
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Exactly. It also feels very unhinged and natural. I love the default feel, but for lack of better expression, defaukt feels tight. The true sim set feels natural, and anything can happen - it doesn't feel restrictive while you're in the middle of a play, if that makes sense. It feels like playing a game in person. I'm loving it. That said, and this goes for anyone hesitant or just trying it out, it does take a little while to get used to it. But once you do, the pros outweigh any cons IMO.

It's definitely not for everyone though.
Agreed. It's not for everyone, only true simulation fans. Arcade type fans aren't going to like it one bit lol.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:50 PM   #5269
Gaming Avenger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Agreed. It's not for everyone, only true simulation fans. Arcade type fans aren't going to like it one bit lol.
Lol, nope not one bit!
Old 12-07-2016, 08:53 PM   #5270
Gaming Avenger

Thanks for putting in your own personal time to create this set. Much appreicated. I never would have thought to set up zero-based sliders. Also the 0 parity is key with this.
Old 12-07-2016, 08:55 PM   #5271
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Thanks for putting in your own personal time to create this set. Much appreicated. I never would have thought to set up zero-based sliders. Also the 0 parity is key with this.
You're welcome Ren.
And zero based sliders was the first theory I used to use when making a set, but I hadn't tried it in two years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-07-2016, 08:58 PM   #5272
Gaming Avenger

Gonna reset everything tonight, and start my CFM. I'll fill out my 75-man preseason roster and attempt to sim through the preseason, make my roster cuts, set my depth chart, etc. Tomorrow night is a HUGE night for me and the rest of the Raider Nation, so no madden tomorrow. Friday will be kickoff for me!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »