Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2016, 03:07 AM   #5305
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime55
Yeah, perhaps I'm not playing as realistic as I believe I am. I'm going to increase the catching to 40 and see if that is too much. Thanks for your help man, I really appreciate your work.
I'll tell you right now, 40 is too much, deep ball is going to be overpowered mixed with the 0 speed parity. I'd keep between 30-40 but you can use what u like. Just advice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 03:41 AM   #5306
Rookie

sublime55's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
I'll tell you right now, 40 is too much, deep ball is going to be overpowered mixed with the 0 speed parity. I'd keep between 30-40 but you can use what u like. Just advice.
I've found 38 to be a perfect middle ground for me. I see drops on big hits, drops due to "hearing foot steps," but also open catches that should be caught by good receivers are caught. I grew up around football and played QB through high school, so maybe I have too high of expectations on what receivers should catch and drop haha but I'm really liking 38 catching.
Old 12-08-2016, 03:55 AM   #5307
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime55
I've found 38 to be a perfect middle ground for me. I see drops on big hits, drops due to "hearing foot steps," but also open catches that should be caught by good receivers are caught. I grew up around football and played QB through high school, so maybe I have too high of expectations on what receivers should catch and drop haha but I'm really liking 38 catching.
I like catching at 37 if using the set with slow speed and 30 if using fast speed. If you like 38, use that. Whatever is enjoyable.

Edit: I'm actually gonna use Slow game speed with catching at 30.

Last edited by Flazko; 12-08-2016 at 04:06 AM.
Old 12-08-2016, 04:24 AM   #5308
Rookie

sublime55's Arena

Quote:
I like catching at 37 if using the set with slow speed and 30 if using fast speed. If you like 38, use that. Whatever is enjoyable.

Sounds good. Are there any other reasons for your using slow with 30, other than you like the more organic animations?
Old 12-08-2016, 07:29 AM   #5309
Pro

mathey270's Arena

Quote:

I notice on OP u are using slow game speed for ur personal settings but catching at 30/30. Is 30/30 what ur using?

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2016, 07:30 AM   #5310
Pro

mathey270's Arena

Quote:

Disregard my previous post didn't see the edit my bad

Sent from my E6782 using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #5311
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I always wait for an interconference game to test sliders. Least meaningful in the grand scheme of things. So I knocked out a conference and division game tonight to get to a road game vs. the Bengals tomorrow.

Looking at the sliders, I have two thoughts.

1. The game is tuned at 50. Anything under 50 is a penalty, above is a bonus. The longstanding myth that zero is "true" ratings is just that. It's an equal penalty across the board. I am legally forbidden and ethically disinclined to get much more specific... the action resolution mechanic is definitely a "trade secret" according to my NDA.

2. Speed threshold... really? This doesnt make the Randy Mosses hit the house everytime he's in single coverage? I have Amari Cooper and a real burner on the bench, I feel like I'm gonna throw 6 TDs in this game

So, tad skeptical on the speed from, but looking forward to trying out tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
1. Not sure what this means, but I'm curious to your point, lol. Are you trying to say that the game is designed to be played with sliders at 50 or parity at 50, or other?

2. The parity at 0 definitely creates separation for speedy receivers, but that's why I see a benefit to keeping WR catching at 25, even on Slow game speed. I'll let Flazko chime in on that. I've had a nice mix of results at 25. If you go much higher than 30, then it's gonna turn into arena league play.

Also with INTs at 42-47, or even at 50 which is the way Flazko has it, it creates more risk in simply heaving it downfield. And if you don't have a decent o-line you're not gonna have much time to stand in the pocket to let your receivers get down field on those deeper routes. I like the risk reward feel. As I posted last night, I do feel that moving the ball has the potential to play "easier", while playing defense plays a bit more "challenging", but I'm now playing on 7 min/ 20 sec quarters and loving the results. But, this set is definitely not for everyone.

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 12-08-2016 at 11:30 AM. Reason: Added an additional paragraph
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 11:25 AM   #5312
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by adembroski
I think the word you're looking for is organic.

I'm gonna try these but I have a question; can you still blow out who you should blow out? And vica versa?

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk
Yes, organic is what I was going for. Thank you. It definitely has an organic, and not a tight or forced feel. I've enjoyed it. But I also like the default all-madden based as well. They're completely different, but in good ways. Each set provides you with a different feel.

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 12-08-2016 at 11:39 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »