Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #5313
MVP

OVR: 13
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sublime55
Flazko, I'm loving the sim slider set; yet I'm seeing a bit too many drops from both the cpu and the user. I'm wondering if my switching to the receiver while he's catching it makes a drop more likely? Thoughts?
Edit: For example, Dez has dropped multiple catches he would easily make in real life. I had him open on a beautiful post route down the middle, as the safeties crashed in, and the ball hit off his hands like they were bricks. I love the set, but perhaps the catching needs to be upped a bit.

p.s. Go Cowboys!
WRs dropping catches are a neccessary evil to tone down QB completion %. I just pretend they're overthrows or something.

Although so far I haven't seen any 'rating seperation' from a 93 over WR from a 60 over WR like is being said. Pretty much all receievers drop all kinds of passes with these, open or guarded. But again it's neccessary, because with Fast speed, you and CPU would have ridiculous 400 yard 4 TD 80% completion games all the time. With the WR catch slider where it's at, I've been having 60% games, as it should be.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:22 PM   #5314
Rookie

blazenmusic20's Arena

OVR: 0

Flazko I've tried your adjusted red set for the most difficult challenge possible. I'm impressed by your diligence! That game was one of the more competitive I've played.

I'm unsure if my team is a bit too good, but the overall team rating is middle of the pack in the league. I built my team around a good OL and defense. WR are size-speed guys with ratings below 80, RBs are the same, and my QB is a mobile strong armed 69 overall. I killed the titans(fantasy draft) who have Andrew Luck 66-7 using the new true realism sliders. I ran 2 punt returns for TDs with Marqueese Goodwin. Do you think default all-madden is a more difficult challenge than your adjusted red set or true realism set? I'm not cheesing with a bunch of double A gap blitzes. However, on offense there's a particular formation that I like to use, where I can choose to run the ball with the read option, PA pass, or adjust to my own play using verticals as a base. My offense seems unstoppable at times, and my defense totally stagnates teams even as I use a variety of schemes. I really want to be challenged, and go into games with the thought that I may lose.

I will be trading away more players in the offseason to try and make things harder for me. I've even adjusted the age of legends like Brady, Brees, and many others so teams can have an upper hand in development. Currently in my second season, and I'm undefeated throughout .

The realism sliders, however, was incredible in addressing the "organic" sense of the game. Luck throwing on the run while out of rhythm would result in a horrible pass. Forcing passes into coverage would always result in drops. And sometimes players who were open, but out of rhythm all game, would drop wide open passes. It was really great in that respect.

Do you think I should use the adjusted red sliders with some of the true realism sliders included to keep QB accuracy down and catching variable?
Thanks for the efforts man I know this is not easy!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 12-08-2016, 12:25 PM   #5315
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenmusic20
Flazko I've tried your adjusted red set for the most difficult challenge possible. I'm impressed by your diligence! That game was one of the more competitive I've played.

I'm unsure if my team is a bit too good, but the overall team rating is middle of the pack in the league. I built my team around a good OL and defense. WR are size-speed guys with ratings below 80, RBs are the same, and my QB is a mobile strong armed 69 overall. I killed the titans(fantasy draft) who have Andrew Luck 66-7 using the new true realism sliders. I ran 2 punt returns for TDs with Marqueese Goodwin. Do you think default all-madden is a more difficult challenge than your adjusted red set or true realism set? I'm not cheesing with a bunch of double A gap blitzes. However, on offense there's a particular formation that I like to use, where I can choose to run the ball with the read option, PA pass, or adjust to my own play using verticals as a base. My offense seems unstoppable at times, and my defense totally stagnates teams even as I use a variety of schemes. I really want to be challenged, and go into games with the thought that I may lose.

I will be trading away more players in the offseason to try and make things harder for me. I've even adjusted the age of legends like Brady, Brees, and many others so teams can have an upper hand in development. Currently in my second season, and I'm undefeated throughout .

The realism sliders, however, was incredible in addressing the "organic" sense of the game. Luck throwing on the run while out of rhythm would result in a horrible pass. Forcing passes into coverage would always result in drops. And sometimes players who were open, but out of rhythm all game, would drop wide open passes. It was really great in that respect.

Do you think I should use the adjusted red sliders with some of the true realism sliders included to keep QB accuracy down and catching variable?
Thanks for the efforts man I know this is not easy!!!

I think you should try the true simulation set or play default All-Madden. haha thanks for appreciating my efforts.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-08-2016, 12:30 PM   #5316
Rookie

blazenmusic20's Arena

Ok thanks!
I've only tried the true simulation for one game, so maybe I shouldn't be so knee-jerk about it (it was against 6-10 titans).
I'm currently in the playoffs of my second season, and teams seem to bring it much more in these games.
A true loss where I cannot do anything to win would be refreshing lol

Old 12-08-2016, 12:39 PM   #5317
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazenmusic20
Ok thanks!
I've only tried the true simulation for one game, so maybe I shouldn't be so knee-jerk about it (it was against 6-10 titans).
I'm currently in the playoffs of my second season, and teams seem to bring it much more in these games.
A true loss where I cannot do anything to win would be refreshing lol

I definitely think the set is more challenging but it's not for everyone.
Old 12-08-2016, 12:53 PM   #5318
Rookie

Have you noticed that every time, CPU WR try to RAC ? It's very clear, especially with WR Catching at 25-30. The CPU use possession catch only when the WR are at the edges on the ground or agressive catch when the WR is covered.
Old 12-08-2016, 01:00 PM   #5319
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charvalos
Have you noticed that every time, CPU WR try to RAC ? It's very clear, especially with WR Catching at 25-30. The CPU use possession catch only when the WR are at the edges on the ground or agressive catch when the WR is covered.
No not really. I've seen a mixture of RAC, possession catches, haven't seen too many spectacular one handed catches
Old 12-08-2016, 03:02 PM   #5320
MVP

tyler28's Arena

Here is a guy that uses the zero based sliders. He has some good info. I saw you guys were doing this so i thought id share the knowledge

https://youtu.be/NVMJB9-2n5A

Sent from my SM-G935P using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »