Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Top 5 NES Sports Games That Still Hold Up Today
Should Casual Fans Buy NHL 20 While Itís On Sale?
Fight Night Round 3 Video: Father Takes on Son in Boxing Game That Defined an Era
What game would you most like to see return next-gen? -- Click here to cast your vote now!

Old 12-12-2016, 12:27 PM   #5617
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dagdags
Take a look at your DB's play the ball trait. Try setting it to aggressive and see if you notice a difference. Also you can try turning ball hawk on and see if that helps.
I will take a look.... Appreciate it. I did turn on ball hawk hoping that would help... But unfortunately, it seems to be a moot point if the DB's can't get close enough to use it.
Old 12-12-2016, 12:39 PM   #5618
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelD34KC
Ok Flazko, absolutely love your sliders. But man.

The DB/WR interactions are killing me.

Absolutely killing me. I dont mind a blown coverage, or a zone that has big holes in it, or man to man where your guy just gets beat.

But when my 91 overall Desmond Trufant and 91 overall Darius Slay Jr. are 5 to 10 yards off there receivers on EVERY SINGLE pass play...I just cant take it.

I spent 2 high first round picks and an offensive lineman I actually wanted to use to get Slay, after drafting Trufant.

And for what? The first game I played, washington had Sanu Jr. and some other random nameless WR who each caught 7 to 10 balls for almost 100 yards each.

They were open on slants, outs, ins, deep balls, short balls, my balls.

Everything else looks beautiful.

Ive taken to drafting guys like Eli Apple 74 Overall and Reshard Robinson, 72 overall and just talking up how I have two 6'1" corners with some speed.

Nevermind they play as well, or sometimes better then the two 91 overalls.
I've been holding off commenting on this for awhile, but I really feel this is due to the 0 Threshold. There is so much separation created even by the lower rated WR's.

One of the thing I enjoyed most about Flazko's sliders was the high Threshold value (90+) he institutes. In fact in many of his versions, he says this is a must. Makes passing not a wide open gimmie all the time.

I really enjoyed the True Simulation set, but I think the 0 Threshold may need to go up. Has anyone else experimented with this?
Old 12-12-2016, 12:42 PM   #5619
Pro

Rubio809's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
I created my own spin off version of Flazko's true sim set, and it might work for those that might not fully enjoy the set as is. Personally, I enjoy his true Simulation set the way it is, but it's definitely not for everyone. Everyone plays the game differently, and looks for different things out of the game. I'll post it on here a bit later.

By now, you've really got to pick your poison and chose a set that you can use consistently. I finally did, and it's December. I set everything up over the weekend, but haven't kicked off my season yet. This is the latest that I've started a Madden franchise. I've been wayyyy too picky this year.
Raider_Ren- I remember you commenting on the 0 speed parity before. Does your version of the True Simulation use 0 still?
Old 12-12-2016, 12:45 PM   #5620
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
I've been holding off commenting on this for awhile, but I really feel this is due to the 0 Threshold. There is so much separation created even by the lower rated WR's.

One of the thing I enjoyed most about Flazko's sliders was the high Threshold value (90+) he institutes. In fact in many of his versions, he says this is a must. Makes passing not a wide open gimmie all the time.

I really enjoyed the True Simulation set, but I think the 0 Threshold may need to go up. Has anyone else experimented with this?
Im using 100 Threshold, happens at both ends of the spectrum.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:22 PM   #5621
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rubio809
Raider_Ren- I remember you commenting on the 0 speed parity before. Does your version of the True Simulation use 0 still?
When Flazko first released his true sim set, I tested it out and inadvertently left the parity at 50 during one of my test halfs. I liked what I saw, as an alternative to the 0 parity. To be clear, I do enjoy the 0 parity. Here's my alternate version:

All-Madden
10 min/ 20 sec quarters
Slow game speed
Parity = 50
Injury = 35
Fatigue = 65

QB Accuracy: 1/1
Pass block: 1/1
Catching: 35/35

Run blocking: 50/50
Fumbles: 55/55

Reaction: 1/1
INTs: 37/37
Coverage: 1/1

Tackling: 40/40

All kicking at 50, with the exception of FG accuracy, which I have at 30.

Assists and visuals are user preference. I use switch assist and I have been messing around with defensive switch assist - haven't decided whether I'm going to use it or not.

You can also use the same set with the parity at 90 (or higher), but you'll want to increase CPU run blocking to 90 in order to give the CPU running backs time to get back to the line of scrimmage. I can't remember off the top of my head if I had user run blocking lower with the 90+ parity. I have a note at home on that.

The 50 parity is nice bc it balances everything out a bit. It's all how you like to play the game. 90 parity is fun too, but it gives that slow speed tight end or fullback a ridiculous advantage since they're essentially running stride for stride with corners and safeties. Personally, I like all of the variances in parity for different reasons.

I would try this set if you're not liking the 0 parity. If you still feel that your deep ball is too threatening, and it's definitely much less so at 50 parity, increase the INT slider. This will bring in more risk/ reward to the equation. I like it the way I listed it above, but I also use those catch/ INT numbers with 0 parity. At some point, settle on something that you can play with, or you'll drive yourself crazy.

0 parity is also harder IMO, if you're playing against a team with a prolific offense. I'm nothing more than an average madden player. 50 parity helps balance the game out for the user, and in general the higher the parity, the higher the assist to the user. That's just from my experience.

Let everyone know what you think if you try this and give feedback.

Side note, 99% of my posts are from my phone-- excuse any typos or auto-corrections
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-12-2016, 01:27 PM   #5622
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Threshold (Speed Parity) has no effect on WR /DB interactions. I'm using slow speed and the interactions are fine. Maybe it's the fast speed. Try using a different game speed
Old 12-12-2016, 01:34 PM   #5623
All Star

Flazko's Arena

The whole point of the True Simulation Set was to let true player ratings play out hence everything at 1 except catching and Interceptions and fumbles, and parity scale at 0. But you guys can adjust it however you want. So adjust the set and take the time to work on it yourself. I'm perfectly happy with what there is and have put way too much time on this game.

Last edited by Flazko; 12-12-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-12-2016, 01:39 PM   #5624
#ChampionsClub

Raider Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Threshold (Speed Parity) has no effect on WR /DB interactions. I'm using slow speed and the interactions are fine. Maybe it's the fast speed. Try using a different game speed
I second that. Game speed has an impact on the WR/ DB interactions, not the parity. The interactions and animations are awesome on Slow speed.

To clarify my previous post regarding my alternate set, the parity adjustment is purely if you want to limit the threat of the big play, aka those speedy streak routes, or if the big plays are getting out of hand for you. It has nothing to do with the actual interactions. It's just an alternative to the 0 parity.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »