Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 825 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-05-2017, 09:45 PM   #6593
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
You're welcome. And I'm considering buying a 360 again to play ncaa 14. I still got college hoops 2k8 and ncaa 14 for 360 that I've been wanting to play. I've sold 4 different 360s the past two years haha. I'll probably buy an other one this weekend, not sure but I'm pretty stuck on playing Infinite Warfare, madden 17, NBA 2k 17 and Battlefield 1 on my xbox one right night, so idk if I'll have time to even play the 360. Lol
That's the thing. I only have enough time to get in a handful of Madden games a week, and my daughter is due at the end of the month. Not sure I'm gonna have much time to take on NCAA 14 and a PS3 at this point. All good tho, I'm enjoying Madden 17 now a lot. It's a good game. Yes it has flaws for sure and EA should take into account all of the items on your wish list, but it's still a good game as is. I'm going to build and take this raider team as far as I can! Consider that a line from my official introductory press conference.
Old 01-05-2017, 09:50 PM   #6594
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
That's the thing. I only have enough time to get in a handful of Madden games a week, and my daughter is due at the end of the month. Not sure I'm gonna have much time to take on NCAA 14 and a PS3 at this point. All good tho, I'm enjoying Madden 17 now a lot. It's a good game. Yes it has flaws for sure and EA should take into account all of the items on your wish list, but it's still a good game as is. I'm going to build and take this raider team as far as I can! Consider that a line from my official introductory press conference.
Right now I'm trying to shuffle between infinite warfare (I'm a huge cod fan boy as well as madden fan boy) and my Madden cfm. I usually don't get into NBA 2k til around All Star weekend and I really only play battlefield 1 when I get a little p*ssed off with cod. I'm primarily Cod and Madden. If I were you I would focus on Madden and maybe an other game or two when you need a break or feel frustrated or bored. I'm pretty sure madden will work on QB mechanics, it's their turn for madden 18. Everything else im not so sure. I'm dying for a simulation setting.
Old 01-05-2017, 10:03 PM   #6595
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Right now I'm trying to shuffle between infinite warfare (I'm a huge cod fan boy as well as madden fan boy) and my Madden cfm. I usually don't get into NBA 2k til around All Star weekend and I really only play battlefield 1 when I get a little p*ssed off with cod. I'm primarily Cod and Madden. If I were you I would focus on Madden and maybe an other game or two when you need a break or feel frustrated or bored. I'm pretty sure madden will work on QB mechanics, it's their turn for madden 18. Everything else im not so sure. I'm dying for a simulation setting.
Yep, well said. And I will heed that advice - thanks dude!
Old 01-05-2017, 10:19 PM   #6596
Pro

PhillyPhannnn's Arena

Quote:

I usually switch between Madden, NHL and BF1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Football- Super Bowl Champion Eagles
Old 01-05-2017, 10:26 PM   #6597
Rookie

Haven't played since Madden 25 but picked this up.

I'm using your personal slider set at the bottom of your OP with some slight adjustments trying to change things.

I cannot for the life of me gain 300 yards on offense, or score more than 17 points in a game. No matter what team or playbook I play with.

Week 1 L @ Seahawks 28-13
Dolphins: 360 Total, 286 Passing, 74 Rushing
Seahawks: 355 Total, 199 Passing, 156 Rushing

Week 2 L @ Patriots 20-16
Dolphins: 241 Total, 140 Passing, 101 Rushing
Patriots: 325 Total, 280 Passing, 45 Rushing

Week 3 W vs Browns 22-21
Dolphins: 287 Total, 206 Passing, 81 Rushing
Browns: 322 Total, 201 Passing, 121 Rushing

Week 4 L @ Bengals 38-17
Dolphins: 215 Total, 184 Passing, 31 Rushing
Bengals: 333 Total, 285 Passing, 48 Rushing

Week 5 L vs Titans 19-13
Dolphins: 275 Total, 195 Passing, 80 Rushing
Titans: 322 Total, 234 Passing, 88 Rushing

Week 6 L vs Steelers 35-13
Dolphins: 229 Total, 178 Passing, 51 Rushing
Steelers: 285 Total, 220 Passing, 65 Rushing

I started a Dolphins coach mode franchise and I'm 1-5. We are last in offense averaging 268 yards a game in total offense, 70 yards rushing, and 198 passing. The running game is fine. I just don't run a lot because I'm always playing from behind. But the passing game is just awful. I only have 2 seconds to throw the ball, which is realistic sure, but not in Madden. I hardly have time for a slant or drag route to develop yet the ability to run real pass plays other than Mesh and Quick Slants. And even then, they drop wide open passes 70% of the time. Even Jarvis Landry has 13 drops in 6 games.

The CPU's offense is fine. We are 6th in defense but that's mostly because of me chewing up the clock only completing 4-6 yard passes so I don't get sacked getting 30 completions a game just for 160-190 passing yards and a touch down if I'm lucky.

My only other issue is turnovers. Sacks are fine. But in 6 games I haven't had a single fumble from my own backs or the CPU. All I do is user the defensive end. We are 3rd in the league in sacks with 22, but have 0 fumbles and 1 interception, while the rest of the league has at least 4-10.

What should I change?

Skill Level: All-Madden
Game Speed: Normal
Quarter Length: 10 Minutes
Play Clock: 25 Seconds

QB Accuracy: 0/0
Pass Blocking: 0/0
WR Catching: 37/37
Run Blocking: 100/100
Fumbles: 60/40
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 100/100
Interceptions: 50/25
Pass Coverage: 100/100
Tackling: 100/100

Injuries: 50
Fatigue: 60
Min Player Speed Threshold: 50

Offside: 60
False Start: 65
Holding: 60
Defensive Holding: 70
Face Mask: 50
Defensive Pass Interference: 60
Illegal Block In The Back: 55
Roughing Passer: 60
Other Penalties: All On

Even with the increase in player interceptions, we only have 1 on the season. Also not a single forced fumble despite the decrease. Also changed the penalties because I hardly got none. I now average 5-7 a game per team. My receivers get good separation, but the second I throw to a wide open Landry in a post route, he gets swarmed by 3 defenders that were like 10 yards away a second ago. Should I decrease reaction time?

After a frustrating 1-5 start.

Ryan Tannehill has 1,314 passing yards, 8 touchdowns, 6 interceptions, and 57% completion percentage. He leads the NFL in attempts with 261, ahead of 2nd place by 26 attempts. He also leads the NFL in completions with 150, even though he's 22nd in yards.

Zac Stacy leads the team with 233 rushing yards, averaging 4.5 yards per carry with 1 touchdown and 1 fumble. Jay "Always Injured" Ajayi has 123 yards at 4.6 yards per carry. Storm Johnson and Kenyan Drake has both averaged less than 2 yards per carry.

Kenny Stills and Jarvis Landry are tied for receptions at 27. Stills has 254 yards with a touchdown, Landry has 341 yards with 2 touchdowns. I signed Aaron Burbridge off a practice squad and despite a 68 overall, he's had 27 receptions, 218 yards, and a touch down. Devante Parker has 20 receptions, 144 yards, and a touchdown. Jordan Cameron has 15 catches, 124 yards, and a touchdown. Then it drops to <10 reception names.

Mario Williams leads the defense with 4 sacks.
Old 01-06-2017, 01:52 AM   #6598
MVP

OVR: 6

Splice I'm using the Falcons and I really don't have much issue putting up a highly potent offense most games. In terms of defenders swarming to the ball a lot of that comes on the balance of throw power vs defenders speed / accel / awareness / prc. In terms of a run game it all comes down to the numbers game. You have to be willing to audible out of a run if the numbers aren't in your favor.

Fumble wise are you talking about on user hits or all together. If you're talking about all together I'd recommend buying the big hitter / strip ball traits. I don't see many forced fumbles on my end either even with defenders who usually force a decent bit, but they do happen at an OK rate.

In terms of having time in the pocket to pass, I've never had issues outside of realistic pressure. You have to read the defense and get an educated guess on what they're calling (2 safeties over the top, 1 safety deep, no safeties deep, any mismatches, etc.) Use your o-line protection shifts if you notice them overloading a side or up the middle. Don't be afraid of dinking and dunking to checkdown routes until the defense becomes less aggressive. There's a visual i saw a few years back showing the average amount of passes / completion % in the NFL for each section of the field and I remember it showing the vast majority of passes being within 12 yards of the line of scrimmage.

I did increase my WR catching to 38 because Julio was dropping a lot more passes than I cared to see and Sanu would drop 5+ a game (with 2 to 3 being fairly wide open). Other than that, keep at it, play to your team's strength and hope for the best.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:33 AM   #6599
MVP

OVR: 6

As i say that and have a 13 drop game from my entire receiving core lol..... And Julio Jones and Vic Beasley out for 2/3rds of the season again
Old 01-06-2017, 07:30 AM   #6600
MVP

Quote:
That shuffling is hard. I have beat the campaign already on battlefield, that didn't take long but was fun, the multiplayer sucks. I have tired of playing nba 2k and just manage and sim games so I play it about once a week. Infinite warfare is fun sometimes but is to far sci-fi now so I get bored after a few rounds of multiplayer. I have gone back to madden but like you am limited in time. One game a day is all I can get if that. It usually takes two days to get through the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »