Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-08-2017, 10:43 PM   #6633
Pro

PhillyPhannnn's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Give Houston defense some credit. I don't think they will win but I think they will keep the score respectable. I'll be rooting for Houston and KC.

And I think you guys will take WR John Ross of Washington if he decides to enter the draft.

I sure hope so and yes the Texans D isn't something to sleep on but the Raiders were nothing compared to the team under Derek Carr I just hope the games next weekend are more entertaining in terms of close games

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Football- Eagles
Old 01-09-2017, 07:53 AM   #6634
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

How about that STEEL D!!

Anywho, so I got to year 2 in my Chiefs franchise, using the Red Set 2.

Went undefeated, won the super bowl BARELY at 21 to 19 vs Packers.

Anyway, so I go into the next season and I only have a 7th round draft pick. Thats it. I did look at college players, but didnt really care because I figured no one I wanted was there.

BUT, in the 7th, at the very end of the draft this little 5'9", 210lbs WR was available. Sure enough drafted him. Was a 79 overall! Ha! I got the next Steve Smith. And Ive renamed him Steve Smith JR. haha.
Old 01-09-2017, 10:50 AM   #6635
Rookie

Superreds's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
They're a 12-4 team when a good madden player uses them lol

I am not that good.

And my O-Line is pretty poor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2017, 06:03 PM   #6636
Rookie

Solofunk's Arena

Will these work for online franchises (user vs user) ? If so which set is best?

Thanks!
Old 01-09-2017, 06:49 PM   #6637
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solofunk
Will these work for online franchises (user vs user) ? If so which set is best?

Thanks!
No solofunk they are for hum/cpu.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 01-09-2017, 08:11 PM   #6638
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2

Flazko, I gave the set you use a little trial last night - only a quick half (I was Chiefs v Chargers) but it was enough to have a few observations.

Pros
- Game had a good feel.
- Passing felt a little too easy but I liked the fact that short and quick passes were high percentage whilst deep throws seemed much harder
- I liked the way the run played out on both sides although running outside felt almost impossible
- CPU QB was not robo at all. Pressure was telling. I only got one sack but pressure caused incompletions (I think Rivers was 50% at the half)
- There were a couple of fumbles due to the high tackling stat
- There was a decent number of penalties

Cons
- My very first punt was blocked and returned for a TD. Blocks should be very rare not often
- Screens seemed particularly easy to pull off. I attempted three to Tyreek Hill and the result was 3 catches, 191 yds, 3 tds.
- I totally shut down the Chargers pass and run but then as soon as the two minute warning arrived, Danny Woodhead had an 85 yd TD run (All-Madden cheese perhaps?)

I know one half of a game means nothing in terms of whether a slider set is any good but the screens and punt block concerned me quite a bit. Having said that, I really enjoyed the feel of the game and will test more once I have time.

One question: before you set up the franchise, do you just leave everything on default or do you input all the settings, then create the league and then input them all again?
Old 01-09-2017, 08:20 PM   #6639
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritPitbull
Flazko, I gave the set you use a little trial last night - only a quick half (I was Chiefs v Chargers) but it was enough to have a few observations.

Pros
- Game had a good feel.
- Passing felt a little too easy but I liked the fact that short and quick passes were high percentage whilst deep throws seemed much harder
- I liked the way the run played out on both sides although running outside felt almost impossible
- CPU QB was not robo at all. Pressure was telling. I only got one sack but pressure caused incompletions (I think Rivers was 50% at the half)
- There were a couple of fumbles due to the high tackling stat
- There was a decent number of penalties

Cons
- My very first punt was blocked and returned for a TD. Blocks should be very rare not often
- Screens seemed particularly easy to pull off. I attempted three to Tyreek Hill and the result was 3 catches, 191 yds, 3 tds.
- I totally shut down the Chargers pass and run but then as soon as the two minute warning arrived, Danny Woodhead had an 85 yd TD run (All-Madden cheese perhaps?)

I know one half of a game means nothing in terms of whether a slider set is any good but the screens and punt block concerned me quite a bit. Having said that, I really enjoyed the feel of the game and will test more once I have time.

One question: before you set up the franchise, do you just leave everything on default or do you input all the settings, then create the league and then input them all again?
I've never had a punt blocked, and if you throw screens to the fastest player in the game i would think it would be a huge advantage but I input everything into franchise the same as I have it in main menu. You can't judge sliders off one game much less off a half of the game lol that's crazy. You gotta play a few games before you make your final verdict. Sliders are never a one size fits all, idk how many times I have to repeat it. Adjust whatever sliders or settings you need to make the game "harder" but I don't think it's realistic to have a tough game every game, especially if you use a good team. You're supposed to have your bottom feeder scrub teams and your elite upper echelon teams. Sometimes players just to good for All-Madden. I'm not all about competition, I'm all about Realism. It's nice to get a competitive game here and there but when it's realistic, If you want a competitive game every game then why even mess around with sliders? Just enable the "Even Teams" setting. Lol
Old 01-09-2017, 08:24 PM   #6640
All Star

Flazko's Arena

If I were to go 16-0 I'm going to adjust my personal sliders a little harder for the playoffs but for now I like them, I haven't see any cheesy All Madden bs and the cpu plays much smarter than All Pro, that's good enough for me, regardless if I win the game or lose the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »