Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 866 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-20-2017, 10:48 AM   #6921
Rookie

Ryan2010's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

from your testing experience which speed is more of a "challenge" fast due to reaction speed or slow due to it being tougher for receivers to get open and which speed setting produces better cpu run game iyo
Old 01-20-2017, 10:51 AM   #6922
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2010
from your testing experience which speed is more of a "challenge" fast due to reaction speed or slow due to it being tougher for receivers to get open and which speed setting produces better cpu run game iyo
Being general, Fast is more of a challenge but you also have to take into account, Sliders and speed parity scale setting. But for the most part Fast is more challenging.
Old 01-20-2017, 10:56 AM   #6923
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I'll put it this way, if you were using All-Pro default sliders, if you used them with Slow, Normal and Fast game speeds, you would have a much more challenging game using Fast. The faster reactions makes it tougher on you and easier for the cpu to function. I've personally tried default All-Pro with all three speeds and while using fast I really enjoyed it.
Old 01-20-2017, 11:10 AM   #6924
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Also, I would like to add that of course turning off Assists makes it more challenging but the biggest one I've preached the past two years is turning off On Field Visual Feedback. This makes it more difficult to get sacks / pressure on qbs. It makes it more challenging but not impossible. It also can make calling the correct type of catch more difficult (possession catch, spectacular catch, run after catch). Calling the correct type of catch can be the difference of coming up with a first down or touchdown. I find it to be more effective on pass rushing though. Pass rushing is all about timing in this game, you need to press the correct button on time to shed the block, when you don't have visual feedback on you won't see what button you need to press, you need to know the type of player you're controlling. If you knew you were controlling a finesse block shedder, you know you would need to press X (Xbox) or Square (Ps4) , if you had a bull rusher you would know you need to press A (Xbox) or X (Ps4) to shed the block. People think it's all about button mashing, but it really isn't in Madden 16 and Madden 17. This is why on majority of my sets I recommend turning it off but it's always personal preference, especially if you play on All-Madden.

Last edited by Flazko; 01-20-2017 at 11:12 AM.
Old 01-20-2017, 04:50 PM   #6925
MVP

OVR: 6

Yea the visual feedback on pass rushing allows you to generate a lot more pressure when you are controlling a pass rusher but don't have the timing down to do it consistently without the feedback. After that first game I'll probably turn it off since I don't switch to make WR catches anyway and I'm fairly confident in my pass rushing.
Old 01-20-2017, 08:42 PM   #6926
Rookie

Ryan2010's Arena

I really appreciate your insight man. thank you
Old 01-20-2017, 08:43 PM   #6927
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan2010
I really appreciate your insight man. thank you
Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
Yea the visual feedback on pass rushing allows you to generate a lot more pressure when you are controlling a pass rusher but don't have the timing down to do it consistently without the feedback. After that first game I'll probably turn it off since I don't switch to make WR catches anyway and I'm fairly confident in my pass rushing.
You guys are both welcome.
Old 01-21-2017, 12:54 AM   #6928
Rookie

Just thought of something. For those that are trying to use the week 1 rosters to avoid the players progressing too much, you could just put all of the XP sliders on zero for the first season

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »