Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 869 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 01-22-2017, 03:37 PM   #6945
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Damn, it looks like the Falcons are playing on All-Pro...

or...

The Packers are playing on All-Madden..
Old 01-22-2017, 03:45 PM   #6946
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicon14
So I played 3 games with Flazko's personal set and all I can say is WOW...I'm really impressed and excited. I think I just need to make a couple slight modifications and it'll be perfect and I can continue my CFM.
Games
Bears (me) vs Cowboys I was losing 0-20 at the end of the 3rd couldn't finish the game.

Packers (me) vs Bills I won like 35-20

Buccaneers(me) vs Panthers I won 16-10

Key Take Aways
-There was some amazing animations I got with these sliders. There were some awesome Pass Interference animations.
-I loved seeing some of the CPU behavior. Vs the Bills and Panthers both Tyrod and Cam were rolling out and making great plays to keep the play alive. One that really stuck out was I was on a spy against Tyrod and I rushed him with my LB leaving the WR open because Tyrod baited me and made the throw
-You can really see the difference in QB's like Rodgers vs Cutler now and additionally a really good O-Line vs a bad/ok one.
-Saw good variations in games. 2nd game I had like 6 facemask penalties so I thought I would need to correct this but the next game there were only 2

Modifications I need to make
-I'm going to lower the accelerated clock to 12 instead of 13 just to reduce the number of plays by a tad bit.
-I'm probably going to knock down the Punt power to 49. I felt with the increased accuracy punters were just booming kicks
-Reduce kickoff power to 59 from 60.

I need advice on the next 2
-I had the CPU attempt a 62 and 64 yard FG across the 3 games. They missed because of inaccuracy but I thought this was a little unnecessary early in the games and gave away good field possession to me. How do I stop these long FG's from being attempted in situations like this? Do I have to reduce the FG Power?
-I felt like there were a little too many fumbles when the QB gets hit for a sack. I fumbled twice with Cutler. Tyrod (cpu) fumbled 3-4 times. Even Rodgers fumbled twice. Cam (cpu) fumbled 3 times, one was on a run which I'm okay with. I love the fumble animations but just seemed a tad excessive. Maybe knock these down to 54 or 53 instead of 55. What do you think?
I don't know about the CPU kicking long field goals, though I speculate that some of that has to do with kicking with or against the wind.

If you want less fumbles, increase the slider up to or near 60. The higher the slider is, the less frequent fumbles will be. If you go down to or near 50, they will occur more often.

If you want less plays in your games, you'll have to reduce quarter length. Going to 12 seconds from 13 isn't gonna do a whole lot, bc most of that dead game time is already off of the clock. If the snap is at 2 seconds vs 3 seconds, you're not really gonna cut down too much on the amount of plays.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:04 PM   #6947
Rookie

Icon3 Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
I don't know about the CPU kicking long field goals, though I speculate that some of that has to do with kicking with or against the wind.

If you want less fumbles, increase the slider up to or near 60. The higher the slider is, the less frequent fumbles will be. If you go down to or near 50, they will occur more often.

If you want less plays in your games, you'll have to reduce quarter length. Going to 12 seconds from 13 isn't gonna do a whole lot, bc most of that dead game time is already off of the clock. If the snap is at 2 seconds vs 3 seconds, you're not really gonna cut down too much on the amount of plays.
Interesting on the FG stuff. I didn't pay attention to the wind in that game. I might just knock the 55 down to 54.

Thanks for the advice on the fumbles. Would of been funny if I had more with me lowering it. I think I'll go with the 59 or 60 like you recommended. I was thinking about a slight bump but now that I look at historical fumble stats. Teams this past year only had .6-1.8 fumbles a game. Hopefully the 59/60 will still get me a fumbles but hopefully not like 5-6 in a game consistently.

As for the accelerated clock. I thought about quarter length but felt like this was too much. I'm trying to be a perfectionist with this aspect. I only need the plays reduced by a few (3-4) so hopefully this will do just that. Also, it forces me to make less adjustments as well.

v/r
-theicon

Edit: Additionally, will the other user's recommendation on making XP 0 the first year for CFM reduce progression for players? I'm using updated rosters and I agree on the sentiment that I don't want them to progress any further until year 2.

Last edited by theicon14; 01-22-2017 at 04:11 PM. Reason: Additional Question
Old 01-22-2017, 04:15 PM   #6948
All Star

Flazko's Arena

The reason I have FG power at 55 is to balance the inaccuracy that 35 for FG accuracy causes. Most kickers have good leg strength but aren't too accurate, if they miss a field goal it will be slightly short or off to the side. When u set fg power at 50 and fg accuracy at 35, the kicks will be ridiculously inaccurate and will be short by 20 yards. If you don't believe me, test it. Something about Punt Accuracy and FG accuracy makes the kickers and punters kick the ball shorter. I like seeing inaccurate FGs so I balanced it with the FG power.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:21 PM   #6949
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I also keep fg accuracy at 35 because I've seen the best variety of missed and made FGs there. From 40+ I haven't seen any missed FGs especially on All-Madden.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:23 PM   #6950
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I've spent the whole madden year testing and testing and testing where I can safely say, every setting I've set is the best options, you can always adjust to whatever you want but I've spent more than enough time to try getting everything as best as I can. So all my settings I feel are as good as the game gets. Don't let that discourage you from setting sliders or settings however you like. It's all about getting the best Madden experience.
Old 01-22-2017, 04:39 PM   #6951
Rookie

Interesting perspective Flazko.

Any thoughts on the fumbles? I trust your testing. I think I might just make the small modifications below and go ahead and rock and roll.

-bump fumbles a point or two
-lower Kickoff power by 1 point
-Make Accelerated clock 12 instead of 13
Old 01-22-2017, 04:40 PM   #6952
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by theicon14
Interesting perspective Flazko.

Any thoughts on the fumbles? I trust your testing. I think I might just make the small modifications below and go ahead and rock and roll.

-bump fumbles a point or two
-lower Kickoff power by 1 point
-Make Accelerated clock 12 instead of 13
On all madden I like 55-60 for fumbles, I feel on All-Madden the cpu gets a little cheesy and forces fumbles when you're up or especially in the fourth quarter, you will see the AI tries anything it can to get back into the game.

I like kickoffs at 60 because 87% of kickoffs are touch backs in the NFL, only 13% of kicks are taken out for a run back.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »