Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2017, 01:31 PM   #7065
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

No matter how I word this post, I'm going to sound like an a$$, so my apologies if I offend anyone. I tried wording it differently to no avail. I really want to get my point across.

All-Pro: much closer to a true sim experience in terms of player ratings*, however very easy game play with light competition from the CPU.

All-Madden: much further from a true sim experience in terms of player ratings, however the game play is much more challenging in terms of competition from the CPU.

*If you're being honest and playing honest, you should go at least 13-3 or 14-2 on All-Pro, despite what team you're using, and that winds up being unrealistic as well. Unfortunately, that in itself is a knock on the "much closer to a true sim experience" that I mentioned above. I am going to try all-pro again at some point, but with jacked sliders; I put together a set that is heavily weighted to the scale of the CPU. For now, I'm rolling with my personal All-Madden set with two separate CFM's.

If you want real football, watch a game on tv. It's as simple as that. This is a video game, and no matter how you spin it, both All-Pro and All-Madden have pros and cons. Personally, I don't see one as superior to the other. Neither one really gives you true simulated gameplay. You take out of it what you bring with you. Video games can only take realism so far. EA doesn't care about sim gameplay at the moment because that's not where they make their money.

It's no secret that I'm a Raider fan. I can use them in the 2016 season, and try to mirror exactly what they did during the season in terms of personnel and play-calling. But what's the fun in that? That's what I watched on Sundays, so why and I doing the exact same thing on a video game console? For me, I enjoy altering reality a bit, while trying to keep it somewhat realistic.

With that said, you should play Madden the way you like to. Flazko likes to play with Dallas exactly or very close to the way they do so in real life, while using All-Pro. Others like to take random teams and mix it up. Choose to play the game that will give you pleasure for the time that you are giving to it.

I don't see EA doing much more in terms of fixing Madden 17 at this point. The NFL season is over and they will be concentrating their efforts on other developments, including Madden 18.

My second child is due in less than 48 hours. So, I'm going to be signing off. Flazko, thanks for all of your efforts with Madden 16 and 17. Good luck to everyone - it's been fun. Until our paths cross again.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2017, 01:42 PM   #7066
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
No matter how I word this post, I'm going to sound like an a$$, so my apologies if I offend anyone. I tried wording it differently to no avail. I really want to get my point across.

All-Pro: much closer to a true sim experience in terms of player ratings*, however very easy game play with light competition from the CPU.

All-Madden: much further from a true sim experience in terms of player ratings, however the game play is much more challenging in terms of competition from the CPU.

*If you're being honest and playing honest, you should go at least 13-3 or 14-2 on All-Pro, despite what team you're using, and that winds up being unrealistic as well. Unfortunately, that in itself is a knock on the "much closer to a true sim experience" that I mentioned above. I am going to try all-pro again at some point, but with jacked sliders; I put together a set that is heavily weighted to the scale of the CPU. For now, I'm rolling with my personal All-Madden set with two separate CFM's.

If you want real football, watch a game on tv. It's as simple as that. This is a video game, and no matter how you spin it, both All-Pro and All-Madden have pros and cons. Personally, I don't see one as superior to the other. Neither one really gives you true simulated gameplay. You take out of it what you bring with you. Video games can only take realism so far. EA doesn't care about sim gameplay at the moment because that's not where they make their money.

It's no secret that I'm a Raider fan. I can use them in the 2016 season, and try to mirror exactly what they did during the season in terms of personnel and play-calling. But what's the fun in that? That's what I watched on Sundays, so why and I doing the exact same thing on a video game console? For me, I enjoy altering reality a bit, while trying to keep it somewhat realistic.

With that said, you should play Madden the way you like to. Flazko likes to play with Dallas exactly or very close to the way they do so in real life, while using All-Pro. Others like to take random teams and mix it up. Choose to play the game that will give you pleasure for the time that you are giving to it.

I don't see EA doing much more in terms of fixing Madden 17 at this point. The NFL season is over and they will be concentrating their efforts on other developments, including Madden 18.

My second child is due in less than 48 hours. So, I'm going to be signing off. Flazko, thanks for all of your efforts with Madden 16 and 17. Good luck to everyone - it's been fun. Until our paths cross again.
Take care Ren. Join us on the thread when you get a chance. Congrats on the new little one, my wife is pressuring me for an other so I might be in the same boat soon. It was fun having you on the thread, you were very helpful, especially when I was busy and could not reply to anyone, you would handle it for me. Thanks for everything bro.
Old 01-28-2017, 01:45 PM   #7067
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Take care Ren. Join us on the thread when you get a chance. Congrats on the new little one, my wife is pressuring me for an other so I might be in the same boat soon. It was fun having you on the thread, you were very helpful, especially when I was busy and could not reply to anyone, you would handle it for me. Thanks for everything bro.
Thanks Flazko. It's been my pleasure bro. Best to you and everyone. I'll be around for sure. Before you know it, we'll all be on to Madden 18. Peace! *drops mic* (I've always wanted to do that!)
Old 01-28-2017, 01:51 PM   #7068
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82

I remember when my son was born in 2008. I worked the evening shift and got home at midnight. I would stay up with the baby until 4 am so it's mother could get some uninterrupted sleep. Many nights had me playing madden with the baby in its car seat beside me. He used to cry whenever his pacifier would come out, even in his sleep. I would be one handing the controller, throwing bomb and sticking that damn pacifier back in with the other. Congratulations on the kid.
Old 01-28-2017, 02:10 PM   #7069
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34

Ren:

Good luck with #2, enjoy them while they are young.

Also, I agree just about everything with your post except for the all pro being too easy part.

Sure, out of the box, maybe I could go 13-3, but that hasn't been my experience playing with the Packers for 4 seasons. I went 10-6, 9-7, and 11-5 in the first three season with no SB appearances.

Everyone has different stick skills and that's another thing, as soon as one puts a controller in both hands, sim goes out the window.

That's my take.

Great post, too.
Old 01-28-2017, 03:04 PM   #7070
Rookie

BritPitbull's Arena

OVR: 2

My experience of All-Madden is that the QB slider isn't broken at all. I've been using Flazko's old play like Flazko set (the one he was using in his Cowboys franchise) and I see tonnes of overthrows, drops, throw aways and inaccurate passes from the cpu QB (slider on 0). If I play well on defense, I can keep an average QB to 50% completions.

My real issue is that, say I'm facing the Eagles and have held Wentz to 60 yards passing after 3 quarters and I go up by a score, I know exactly what's coming next: a one play 78yd TD pass from Wentz to a WR or TE running a fly route straight through my secondary faster than Usain Bolt. The only other possible play will be a 75yd TD run by the CPU where every one of my players is held while the cpu RB (who was averaging 3.5 ypc all game) strolls the length of the field.

I don't care whether I win or lose, whether I blow out a team or get blown out, but the artificial nature of the rubberbanding/ boosting of the cpu drives me to distraction. I think I'll also have to drop to all-pro as a result.
Old 01-30-2017, 06:35 PM   #7071
MVP

OVR: 22

Lost to the Panthers using the Ravens

32-14

Game was close, was 9-7 until half time then Cam Newton went off

The good thing is I didn't feel Cheated and I could have came back but played bad

All Madden

Your light blue sliders
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-30-2017, 06:38 PM   #7072
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGKing
Lost to the Panthers using the Ravens

32-14

Game was close, was 9-7 until half time then Cam Newton went off

The good thing is I didn't feel Cheated and I could have came back but played bad

All Madden

Your light blue sliders
That's the point of that set, to nerf all madden sliders into being more fair.

All Madden gives the AI a boost so that set is intended to make the game more balanced between user vs cpu. Glad you enjoyed it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »