Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 887 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-03-2017, 05:51 PM   #7089
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
All-Pro difficulty
15 min/ 12 sec quarters
Fast game speed
90 player parity
65 fatigue
40-45 injuries (I want to use 47-50 for my games, but the simulated CPU games get out of control)
Assists- I use most of them, except ball carrier is manual.
On field is OFF

User/ CPU
QB Accuracy: 17/47
Pass blocking: 5/50
Catching: 47/47

Run blocking: 5/95
Fumbles: 50/50

Reaction: 5/100
INTs: 47/47
Coverage: 5/100

Tackling: 25/75

FGP: 55/55
FGA: 35/35
PuntP: 50/50
PuntA: 75/75
KOP: 60/60

XP: all at 100%

Subs:
QB: 1/0
RB: 90/85
WR: 75/70
FB/TE: 35/30
OL: 1/0

DE: 90/85
DT: 90/85
LB: 70/65
DB: 25/20

I use your penalties - they're awesome, especially when playing 15 min quarters

Only house rule is to not field the short punts by the CPU
Everythin looks good Ren, I'll test them out if I get a chance. I'm typically a guy who likes to use even sliders for cpu and user. Whatever I set for my sliders I set the same for the cpu but I'll give these a try and see how it goes.
Old 02-03-2017, 06:57 PM   #7090
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Everythin looks good Ren, I'll test them out if I get a chance. I'm typically a guy who likes to use even sliders for cpu and user. Whatever I set for my sliders I set the same for the cpu but I'll give these a try and see how it goes.
Cool man. Yeah, let me know what you think. This exchange is a perfect example of your philosophy on the game - we have to tailor the game to our individual needs and desires. This set can be very frustrating. The thing I like about it is that the emphasis is on play calling and matchups. If you don't get pressure on the CPU qb for example, you're gonna pay. The running game is a grind. I started off with 10 carries for 13 yards, but finished with a respectable 25 for 90 yards between all my backs.

I like it because it gives me the challenge that I desire, but I get that organic all-pro feel. Plus I'm able to use 15 min quarters again.

Personally, your blue set is hands down the best set I've ever used. I enjoy the way it feels and plays. But, I'd rather use this set for my CFM because I don't want to play restricted. I want to be able to use any play, any time. I'm also using most of the assists. As you say, it all depends on what the user is looking for.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:01 PM   #7091
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
I still don't see a ton of rotation where it's most needed (at running back). No matter the set it's usually 3 runs in a row in order to get the backup in. Throw in a pass play in between and you won't see much subbing even at stuff like 85/90 or 85/92.

It mainly comes down to the amount of plays per drive and the amount of yards gained each play not giving enough time for stamina to really hit each drive.

Best bet is still to use formation subs on both offense and defense (I have Crowell and Duke Johnson so I use Johnson mostly on shotgun and spread sets to get him carries). For defense I have my pass rushing packages / formations, my run D formations/packages, and my default starting lineup packages. It helps to get backups in the game a lot more frequently.
I don't see a desirable amount of subs either. The CPU rarely subs, but it is what it is. It's not terrible, just not great by any means.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #7092
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
I also find that this set makes the game play out like a chess match. In my game against the Titans I trailed 23-10 into the third, but I stayed patient - took over the field position battle, and then eventually scored. I won 24-23. I didn't hold back at all, and there were times during the game that I threw everything but the kitchen sink that I could at the CPU in terms of offensive and defensive play calling.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:04 PM   #7093
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Cool man. Yeah, let me know what you think. This exchange is a perfect example of your philosophy on the game - we have to tailor the game to our individual needs and desires. This set can be very frustrating. The thing I like about it is that the emphasis is on play calling and matchups. If you don't get pressure on the CPU qb for example, you're gonna pay. The running game is a grind. I started off with 10 carries for 13 yards, but finished with a respectable 25 for 90 yards between all my backs.

I like it because it gives me the challenge that I desire, but I get that organic all-pro feel. Plus I'm able to use 15 min quarters again.

Personally, your blue set is hands down the best set I've ever used. I enjoy the way it feels and plays. But, I'd rather use this set for my CFM because I don't want to play restricted. I want to be able to use any play, any time. I'm also using most of the assists. As you say, it all depends on what the user is looking for.
Well I started thinking lately that if I want a real challenge I'll need to get out my habit of making the sliders the same for both cpu and user. I do this because I don't want either side to have an advantage, I don't want to be at an unfair advantage and I don't want to feel like I'm at an advantage and feel like I'm cheating out the cpu. It's a hard habit for me to break because I've stood by my way of doing sliders for years. I've always made the sliders even for both cpu and user but I'm curious to try giving the all pro AI a boost and see how it plays. You know I always say I care about Realism before Challenge. I'll test them though just to see how it goes.

And I see the cpu RBs sub pretty often but never really other players. Joshc1977 says to go and set up a cfm where you control all teams, then go and set up the auto subs for every team. He says that helps but it is what it is. I use 65 fatigue with 15 min quarters and I see nice subs for the most part.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:08 PM   #7094
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I've been using my True Simulation Set All Pro, and it's been very nice I've been pretty satisfied with it. I went and started a cfm with it. If I truly want a real challenge and that's all I care about I would play on All-Madden and use a set I have saved for it. I know all madden qbs are broken and if I really wanted to I could deal with it if needed but as of right now I've continued enjoying All Pro.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:09 PM   #7095
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Well I started thinking lately that if I want a real challenge I'll need to get out my habit of making the sliders the same for both cpu and user. I do this because I don't want either side to have an advantage, I don't want to be at an unfair advantage and I don't want to feel like I'm at an advantage and feel like I'm cheating out the cpu. It's a hard habit for me to break because I've stood by my way of doing sliders for years. I've always made the sliders even for both cpu and user but I'm curious to try giving the all pro AI a boost and see how it plays. You know I always say I care about Realism before Challenge. I'll test them though just to see how it goes.

And I see the cpu RBs sub pretty often but never really other players. Joshc1977 says to go and set up a cfm where you control all teams and got and set up the auto subs for every team. He says that's helps but it is what it is. I use 65 fatigue with 15 min quarters and I see nice subs for the most part.
Absolutely man. When it comes to realism, your stuff is all top notch. Hands down and no one else is close. But I do think all-pro is the only way to go in terms of realism, and that all-pro does favor the user. So if you start getting that itch for a challenge, then you have to get passed making the sliders equal. I'm the same way. It took me a while to give in and do so, but I'm glad I did. I'm also glad that I gave another honest shot with all-pro.
Old 02-03-2017, 07:10 PM   #7096
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Absolutely man. When it comes to realism, your stuff is all top notch. Hands down and no one else is close. But I do think all-pro is the only way to go in terms of realism, and that all-pro does favor the user. So if you start getting that itch for a challenge, then you have to get passed making the sliders equal. I'm the same way. It took me a while to give in and do so, but I'm glad I did. I'm also glad that I gave another honest shot with all-pro.
Well I'm out of town this weekend but Monday I'll give your set a try and see how it goes. If it goes well I'll make some adjustments of my preferences and post it here in the comments for anyone who's interested. We'll see how it goes. Thanks for sharing.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »