Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-21-2017, 09:10 PM   #7665
All Star

Flazko's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
I guess I'll just continue on how I always understood it. If it's more than just a visual bug though, it could be one hell of a fault to take advantage of lol.
You didn't by chance select the Clear Cap Penalty option? There's that option and a Add money to funds option or something like that when yo view User Teams.

Idk what could be going on lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2017, 09:10 PM   #7666
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
Sorry I posted the following in another thread but I need a quick reply so I can jump right back into the game because right now I'm on hold until it's answered. Plus, trying to get this so 1,000 pages....

I need help understanding the cap in this game. I just finished my first season and trying to re-sign players. In the past, Salary was taken out of Cap Room and Bonus was taken out of Available Funds. Now, somehow if I give a contract with more salary than bonus I'm saving cap room? I don't get it. I don't know if it's a bug or what because if this is true, then I can just give all of my players a mega salary with little to no bonus and I would be saving cap room.
Salary and bonus both count against the cap. Only difference is that if you cut or trade a player with a bonus, you're still responsible for the bonus as it will count against your cap for what would have been the duration of the contract. If you had 3 years left, you're gonna be paying that off for the next 3 seasons as dead cap space. Madden 17 does give you the option to restructure contracts, as it allows you to manipulate the salary, bonus and length at anytime. The only time I would utilize that is if I'm trading a player. In real life, most teams restructure players deals, and if not, they taken on the full contract. In other words, the team trading then player is no longer responsible for any guaranteed money.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:11 PM   #7667
Rookie

Flazko, any idea why every game the CPU gets several pancakes a game while I always get none? Pass block is 50/50 and run block is 45/80
Old 02-21-2017, 09:13 PM   #7668
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSky
Flazko, any idea why every game the CPU gets several pancakes a game while I always get none? Pass block is 50/50 and run block is 45/80
Pancake blocks come from the Players Impact Blocking Rating, it might be because the cpu linemen you're going against have a good Impact Blocking rating.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:14 PM   #7669
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

My Flazko Blue realism set, all-madden version is almost done. I'm gonna finish testing tonight.

I may actually be able to start my official CFM come this weekend! Hallelujah.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:14 PM   #7670
Rookie

Put the CPU QB accuracy up to 6. Everything else is the same as I have before. (Interceptions down to 28 for both). Played the Texans who are also 2-2.

Score
SF: 10 - 3 - 7 - 11 = 31
HOU: 7 - 14 - 7 - 10 = 38

Yards
SF: 112 Rush, 394 Pass, 506 Off, 90 Punt Ret, 101 Kick Ret, 697 Total
HOU: 94 Rush, 258 Pass, 352 Off, 10 Punt Ret, 0 Kick Ret, 362 Total

Passing
SF: Downey - 42/61, 394 yards, 1 TD, 1 Rush TD, 2 Ints 78.2
HOU: Osweiler - 21/34, 285 yards, 2 TD, 1 Int, 95.8

Rushing
SF: Hyde - 23 Carries, 86 yards, 1 TD, 3.7avg
HOU: Miller - 18 Carries, 95 yards, 2 TDs, 5.2avg

Defense
SF: 7 TFL, 3 Sacks, 1 Int, 0 FF
HOU: 8 TFL, 1 Sack, 2 Ints, 1 FF, 1 FFRec, 1 FG Block

Penalties
SF: 2 - 20 yards
HOU: 0 - 0 yards

So yer. Theres the Madden cheese coming out for once. Have a blocked FG to make it 13-7. But it gets taken all the way to the other side for 14-10. Put Texans to a 3 and out, face mask on sack rules that out and they go and score on it.

However Texans team is crazy. Fuller, Hopkins, Braxton Miller and Goodwin at WR, Fiedorowicz at TE with Lamar Miller at RB. I was always going to concede points when I don't have a strong secondary.

I like the way the CPU QB felt on 6 QB accuracy. Forced more passes when under pressure, had some sort of awareness.

In terms of my picks. Once again, first one is definitely down to a low rated QB, completely missing the open guy under no pressure and throwing straight to their corner. Other pick game with the last play of the game, trying to get a 10 yard TD.

Doubt a game this high scoring will occur again anytime soon. Will carry these sliders into my next game.

Fortunately for me. Cardinals and Seahawks are also 2-4 with the Rams 0-5

Last edited by Clubbs; 02-21-2017 at 09:32 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:18 PM   #7671
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
You didn't by chance select the Clear Cap Penalty option? There's that option and a Add money to funds option or something like that when yo view User Teams.

Idk what could be going on lol
No I haven't done that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-21-2017, 09:20 PM   #7672
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
Salary and bonus both count against the cap. Only difference is that if you cut or trade a player with a bonus, you're still responsible for the bonus as it will count against your cap for what would have been the duration of the contract. If you had 3 years left, you're gonna be paying that off for the next 3 seasons as dead cap space. Madden 17 does give you the option to restructure contracts, as it allows you to manipulate the salary, bonus and length at anytime. The only time I would utilize that is if I'm trading a player. In real life, most teams restructure players deals, and if not, they taken on the full contract. In other words, the team trading then player is no longer responsible for any guaranteed money.
Yeah I get that. I just don't get raising the salary and lowering the bonus helps the cap even if it's the same overall amount the player wanted before I did anything.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »