Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 960 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 02-21-2017, 09:21 PM   #7673
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Pancake blocks come from the Players Impact Blocking Rating, it might be because the cpu linemen you're going against have a good Impact Blocking rating.
I'm not entirely sure it's impact because it's been happening every game and I'm on week 14 of the season.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:36 PM   #7674
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
Yeah I get that. I just don't get raising the salary and lowering the bonus helps the cap even if it's the same overall amount the player wanted before I did anything.
That's the ironic part. Real NFL contracts are back end loaded.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:41 PM   #7675
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raider_Ren82
That's the ironic part. Real NFL contracts are back end loaded.
So why is this happening?
Old 02-21-2017, 09:44 PM   #7676
Pro

OVR: 1

Quote:
My Flazko Blue realism set, all-madden version is almost done. I'm gonna finish testing tonight.

I may actually be able to start my official CFM come this weekend! Hallelujah.

I'm curious to see what you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Old 02-21-2017, 09:56 PM   #7677
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
So why is this happening?
Well it shouldn't since madden contracts are spread even for the duration of the term.

In the NFL, the guaranteed stuff is partially paid up front in the form of a signing bonus, and then roster bonuses are due each subsequent season, though that amount decreases each season, with the actually salary increasing each season. This way toward the end of the term, the player will carry a higher cap number in the form of actual salary, but it's easier for a team to cut a player in the last couple of years because that money isn't guaranteed. Dead cap space occurs when teams release a player, when they've already issued the signing bonus and commuted to a roster bonus for that particular season. This is why you might see guys like Romo, Brandon Marshall and Lesean McCoy cut before 3/10- their respective teams won't have to pay those roster bonuses.

It's confusing, I know.

Last edited by Raider_Ren; 02-21-2017 at 09:59 PM.
Old 02-21-2017, 09:58 PM   #7678
Pro

benton32's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by PensFan813
I'm curious to see what you get?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

same here im still on all pro mostly default but wow that last game i had the pass was like before the patch, at 20 acc, 100 reaction and 50 covg, 50 rb, and ofcourse Rbs were getting mauled most of the game, its weird i swear sometimes right when the RB gets the ball at least 1 guy is getting off the block on the Dline,
Old 02-21-2017, 10:02 PM   #7679
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

Quote:
Well it shouldn't since madden contracts are spread even for the duration of the term.

In the NFL, the guaranteed stuff is partially paid up front in the form of a signing bonus, and then roster bonuses are due each subsequent season, though that amount decreases each season, with the actually salary increasing each season. This way toward the end of the term, the player will carry a higher cap number in the form of actual salary, but it's easier for a team to cut a player in the last couple of years because that money isn't guaranteed. Dead cap space occurs when teams release a player, when they've already issued the signing bonus and commuted to a roster bonus for that particular season. This is why you might see guys like Romo, Brandon Marshall and Lesean McCoy cut before 3/10- their respective teams won't have to pay those roster bonuses.

It's confusing, I know.
So I'll just chalk it up to as a bug and not trust it. But I still need to know how much I actually have to re-sign guys. The salaries menu only shows the previous year.
Old 02-21-2017, 10:03 PM   #7680
Gridiron Simulation

Raider_Ren's Arena

Quote:
So I'll just chalk it up to as a bug and not trust it. But I still need to know how much I actually have to re-sign guys. The salaries menu only shows the previous year.
Are you in the off season?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »