Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-01-2017, 08:34 PM   #7785
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flazko
Before I am asked why I use 90 speed parity or why I "went back" to using it, my reasons are that lately I've always recommended speed parity at 50 on almost all my sets only because I know guys like to see some big plays in Madden and want the running game to be a little easier, I personally like when big plays are earned and are less often, I like defensive tough low scoring games, (low scores to me are under 17 points). Of course it doesn't always go that way, there's some games where the scores get a little higher but for me I like tighter coverage, more difficulty running the ball, and speeds between players aren't too drastic in real football, of course you have the elite speed guys who stand out, they still are noticeable to me even while using 90 speed parity. I really like that you have to be more strategic with your pursuit angles and the footwork is amazing. Slow game speed and speed parity at 90 brings a feel to the game i can't explain. It's not for everyone, so this is why I recommend specific speed parity settings for each set and I have a little section where I try to explain three different speed parity settings for you guys and let you choose which one you like.
Which one of your sets do you use?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2017, 08:35 PM   #7786
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by audbal
Which one of your sets do you use?
True Simulation Set (All-Madden Version). Everything I use is posted at the bottom of Main Page.
Old 03-01-2017, 08:55 PM   #7787
Rookie

Quote:
True Simulation Set (All-Madden Version). Everything I use is posted at the bottom of Main Page.
Do u still use fumble at 55? If so, do u see too many?
Old 03-01-2017, 09:42 PM   #7788
Rookie

jluce32's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
I really like that you have to be more strategic with your pursuit angles and the footwork is amazing. Slow game speed and speed parity at 90 brings a feel to the game i can't explain.
Yeah buddy, I know exactly what you are talking about. Slow game speed, true sim set (all-madden)...speed parity 90.. as real as madden gets for me.

The way the ball trickles off WRs hands...and suddenly its tipped into the air and almost picked off by a 2nd defender - but at the last nanosecond he drops it - so f'n real man... Other examples: a play where the slot WR slightly nudges and out physicals a DB in the red zone..and it isn't some ridiculous looking hit stick action - it makes you appreciate how hard the WR works to break the tackle and tip toe into the end zone haha. The realness of the action really gets you immersed in the game. And these things aren't repeat occurrences I am speaking of. You don't see duplicate outcomes play after play...all the action feels fresh. Like each play brings some new tiny detail that you have never seen in the animations of other slider sets.

One spot, which I haven't seen repeated yet. The CPU QB Flacco decides to go no huddle on me.. than try to draw me offsides with a few hardcounts - and then completely stop his cadence .... sit there silence and run the play-clock down a bit... making me anxious on D. So when they finally snap it, he goes play action... he hits a guy out in the flats and totally has me off balance... So it makes me think..I've seen Flacco do this in real life to the Pats. The animations really do some crazy cool stuff on this set. And mentally, you can't afford to make mistakes.

And I totally understand what you mean when talking about pursuit of angles.B/c like in real life, this set makes you respect taking the proper pursuit... you are coached at a young age the importance of open field tackling and pursuit of angle. Long runs don't happen much, but when they do its usually b/c your team was in the wrong defense (bad coaching)...or your team wasn't properly aligned (bad presnap read) you don't want to get beat before the snap b/c your lined up all wrong.. I suggest making the minimum playlclock to no more than 13 seconds so you can really get a real life feel for how hard it is to get aligned quickly based on reading how the offense it set up) -Here's another cool spot... you are on defense and the opponent runs off tackle at you...and your Ends or OLBs or CBs lose outside contain....next suddenly their RB hits the hole hard and strings it further outside where nobody is left...except...Your last line of defense, you must take the proper angle here. Your pursuit of angle needs to be precise...this is something coaches drill play after play in practice after practice. Angle of pursuit drills happen all the time in real life...these are the types of things this set makes one think about.

In conclusion, the set is sick.

Last edited by jluce32; 03-01-2017 at 09:54 PM.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:44 PM   #7789
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluce32
Yeah buddy, I know exactly what you are talking about. The way the ball trickles off WRs hands...and suddenly its tipped into the air and almost picked off by a 2nd defender - but at the last nanosecond he drops it - so f'n real man... Other examples: a play where the slot WR slightly nudges and out physicals a DB in the red zone..and it isn't some ridiculous looking hit stick action - it makes you appreciate how hard the WR works to break the tackle and tip toe into the end zone haha. The realness of the action really gets you immersed in the game. And these things aren't repeat occurrences I am speaking of. You don't see duplicate outcomes play after play...all the action feels fresh. Like each play brings some new tiny detail that you have never seen in the animations of other slider sets.

One spot, which I haven't seen repeated yet. The CPU QB Flacco decides to go no huddle on me.. than try to draw me offsides with a few hardcounts - and then completely stop his cadence .... sit there silence and run the play-clock down a bit... making me anxious on D. So when they finally snap it, he goes play action... he hits a guy out in the flats and totally has me off balance... So it makes me think..I've seen Flacco do this in real life to the Pats. The animations really do some crazy cool stuff on this set. And mentally, you can't afford to make mistakes.

And I totally understand what you mean when talking about pursuit of angles.B/c like in real life, this set makes you respect taking the proper pursuit... you are coached at a young age the importance of open field tackling and pursuit of angle. Long runs don't happen much, but when they do its usually b/c your team was in the wrong defense (bad coaching)...or your team wasn't properly aligned (bad presnap read) you don't want to get beat before the snap b/c your lined up all wrong.. I suggest making the minimum playlclock to no more than 13 seconds so you can really get a real life feel for how hard it is to get aligned quickly based on reading how the offense it set up) -Here's another cool spot... you are on defense and the opponent runs off tackle at you...and your Ends or OLBs or CBs lose outside contain....next suddenly their RB hits the hole hard and strings it further outside where nobody is left...except...Your last line of defense, you must take the proper angle here. Your pursuit of angle needs to be precise...this is something coaches drill play after play in practice after practice. Angle of pursuit drills happen all the time in real life...these are the types of things this set makes one think about.

In conclusion, the set is sick.

Well said. I enjoy it also. I haven't been a fan of All Madden over the years but I found something that works for it. It plays nice. Glad you also like it.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:47 PM   #7790
All Star

Flazko's Arena

I have a question for anyone who can help me out, March is typically when I really get into NBA 2K and I was curious of simulation / realistic slider set, anyone have recommendations of a slider set I should check out, either on Operation Sports or on Xbox One 2k Share for 2k17.
I'm a football guy, that's why I create sets for madden but as far as NBA I'm not the most knowledgeable of what's Realistic Basketball so I don't mess with sliders on basketball games.
Old 03-01-2017, 09:52 PM   #7791
Rookie

Flazko, what do you suggest I do with the CPU receivers being wide open all the time? Right now I have pass defense reaction at 8/5 and pass coverage is at 95/88.

Even with pass coverage at 95 the CPU receivers are almost always wide open.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-01-2017, 09:53 PM   #7792
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeSky
Flazko, what do you suggest I do with the CPU receivers being wide open all the time? Right now I have pass defense reaction at 8/5 and pass coverage is at 95/88.

Even with pass coverage at 95 the CPU receivers are almost always wide open.
Try a higher speed parity matched with Slow game speed.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »