Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) - Page 978 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-04-2017, 02:27 PM   #7817
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clubbs
Tactic I like to stop old players from retiring after the first year. Such as Brady, Gates, Witten and Peppers.

End of the season. Just before they are about to announce retirement (when their teams season ends). Put their age down a couple of years. Then 2nd week of the off season. Put it back up to the normal age. I think I'll do it once for Gates and Peppers, and 2 or 3 times for Witten and Brady.
I thought about going back and doing that but then thought it would be too much of a hassle doing that every year and checking on players on other teams who I think should stay. I traded for Ogletree when Davis retired so that filled the void when he left. I guess if you wanted, you could get control of those teams and fill their void for them too if you wanted. I think it might be easier or more "realistic".
Old 03-04-2017, 02:53 PM   #7818
49ers

OVR: 43

Do I do this weird thing, figured I'd pass it on in case it benefits anyone else.

CPU INT = BASE - ((TEAM QB AWR - MED AWR ) 2)

Base is whatever the slider set lists for CPU AWR.

MED AWR is whatever you consider a solid medium AWR for a QB (I use 85).

TEAM QB AWR is the average of your starter's AWR and your team's best QB AWR. Usually it's the same guy but this incentives signing a veteran backup for a young QB.

The game does not use AWR for human controlled players, so AWR is meaningless for your QB. This helps that for me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Operation Sports mobile app
Old 03-04-2017, 08:48 PM   #7819
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

Can someone tell me how much a second franchise tag on Kawaan Short would be if I decided to do that after my current season? I'm trying to decide if I should trade him now or tag him again for next season.
Old 03-04-2017, 09:13 PM   #7820
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

EDIT#4: Raised human QB accuracy. It was ridiculous how "random" the game decided that it was time for my QB to be inaccurate. Very convenient that it was always during 3rd down. Raise pass block for both and lowered interceptions a bit.

EDIT #3: After encountering a game in which the cpu had decided I was supposed to lose, it helped me to tweak my sliders so that you at least have a chance whenever you have a game like I did. I made pass block and accuracy both the same for player and cpu and lowered the run block a bit since pass block helps run block. Also, when you encounter a game like that it's good to establish a run game. Be prepared to pound the rock all game long. Also uped catching a bit.

EDIT #2: Changing pass block for both and QB acc. After testing my pass block at 34, it's obvious it also affects the run game. At 34 it improves it too much, so I'm going to try both at 33. Also, 32 still gives up many sacks for me. QB accuracy at 7 was also frustrating me too much so I'm moving human to 8. So now both the cpu and human is 8 accuracy and 33 pass blocking. I'm lowering interceptions to 50 because im getting too many interceptions out of nowhere. I'm also going back to 8 minutes. 10 minutes inflates the stats too much.

EDIT: Changed CPU pass blocking to 34

Ok I spent all day yesterday and today getting my sliders perfect, like they were before the recent update. Here they are. Changes marked with **

All-Madden
NORMAL
8 or 10 Minutes
Accelerated clock and minimum clock time both off
Ball carrier move set to assist
Defensive assists all on

HUMAN/CPU
QB: 10/8
**Pass Block: 37/35 (Pass blocking went downhill after the update)
WR: 77/72 (Cuts down on WR drops while being hit)
Run Block: 67/62 (CPU has better run blocking than Human)
Fumbles: 58/58
**Pass D Reac.: 13/100 (Helps defeat the automatic win for Human WRs in man press coverage)
**Interceptions: 48/45 (Helps with low interception stats)
Pass Cov: 84/100 (Same expalanation as Reaction Time)
Tackling: 44/44

FG Power: 50
FG Acc: 75
Punt Power: 50
Punt Acc: 98 (The kicking meter really hurts coffin punting. Which is why this is where it's at)
KO Power: 50

Fatigue 55
Threshold 95

Offside: 50
**False Start: 16 (Was having too many, had to lower this)
**Holding: 48
D Holding: 58
Face Mask: 50
D PI: 60

All other penalties on with illegal block in back and roughing the passer at 50.

Auto-Subs really depends on what your team does in a real game. This is what I got mine set too.

IN/OUT
QB: 1/0
HB: 80/73
WR: 30/25
FB/TE: 20/15
OL: 1/0

**DT: 98/90
**DE: 98/90
LB: 20/15
CB: 20/15
S: 20/15

Last edited by Joshua_85; 03-26-2017 at 07:18 PM.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:50 PM   #7821
Nza
MVP

OVR: 16

I find the run game is utterly random. 1st two games of the season I was about 5.4 YPC, and the next 6 I'm lucky to be 2 YPC.

It just seems on every run play at least one DL will break their block instantly. And it doesn't matter which one, they just swarm to the carrier regardless of the side being run to. But some games don't "load" like this - they start like a normal game where the DL is mostly not causing havok every single play and you can actually get a few consistent good runs. It just doesn't seem to make a any sense which games these are.
Old 03-04-2017, 11:52 PM   #7822
Rookie

Joshua_85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nza
I find the run game is utterly random. 1st two games of the season I was about 5.4 YPC, and the next 6 I'm lucky to be 2 YPC.

It just seems on every run play at least one DL will break their block instantly. And it doesn't matter which one, they just swarm to the carrier regardless of the side being run to. But some games don't "load" like this - they start like a normal game where the DL is mostly not causing havok every single play and you can actually get a few consistent good runs. It just doesn't seem to make a any sense which games these are.
On All-Madden, I find that you have to have a good mix of pass and run because the defense will figure you out if you stick with either one for too long. And also mix up the type of run or pass plays you use.

I also believe the pass blocking slider affects run blocking some.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:01 AM   #7823
Nza
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joshua_85
On All-Madden, I find that you have to have a good mix of pass and run because the defense will figure you out if you stick with either one for too long. And also mix up the type of run or pass plays you use.

I also believe the pass blocking slider affects run blocking some.
To me it seems to be mostly OL getting beat 1 on 1. I've always felt Madden has had a bit of random seeding to determine stuff like how successful a team will be running in the upcoming game, and the differences between the games where I can and can't run seem to be down to that. It just seems like you get stuck in loops of not being able to run in long periods of time in CFM.
Old 03-05-2017, 12:28 AM   #7824
Nza
MVP

Another potential correlation I see is whether you choose coach pick plays or manually choose your plays. I find the latter seem to be more successful running wise, but it's hard to be sure. Is this common knowledge for Madden?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »