Home

Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

This is a discussion on Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17) within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2017, 08:18 AM   #7865
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Flazko's True NFL Realism Sliders (Madden 17)

I'm really loving the sliders in my other league right now. They just feel so good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 08:58 AM   #7866
MVP

Madwolf's Arena

OVR: 9

We're using your base sliders again Flazko, and I get more sacks than I have all year against the CPU. It seems to hold onto the ball longer waiting for the right pass instead of just throwing it away or chucking it short.

I feel like there needs to be a 'vision cone' in the background for QBs in the game that allows them to sense pressure, so that guys coming from the blindside are more likely to hit the CPU QB without them tossing the ball away. That could simply go by awareness, and for humans that could effect their throws under pressure.
Old 03-09-2017, 10:57 AM   #7867
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
Through three games, the Eagles are 2-1 after pulling of a nice upset against the Steelers. Our one loss, we blew a 4th quarter lead in the 4th quarter.

Here are some statistical outliers in case they help:

RB Ryan Mathews leads the NFL in YPG (112.3), yardage (337), broken tackles (19), is 2nd in carries (73)

We are the top-ranked defensive in total yards allowed (717), passing yards allowed (435), pts scored against (42), and 6th ranked rush yards allowed (282). We are ranked 6th in defensive sacks (12).

We are the least penalized team in the NFL as well as the least yardage against (4 for 65 yards).

Most teams have played 25-30 more defensive downs played per game than my team. Is clock runoff too high?

For some reason, my team's INT and sack individual leaders don't show up sorted in the league-wide stat view????

Of course, this game still double counts fumbles recovered in simmed games. How the QA for EA is handled, I'll never understand.
I used Flazko's set (his all madden realism set) for a while when deciding on an all madden slider set.

I had to increase CPU run blocking from what he recommended (45) because I was crushing the CPU run game no matter whom I faced.

However... when I play defense in Madden I always control my LE, LOLB, or a DT. I always screw up defense when controlling the secondary, so that's why I just control D-Line guys (I would always do stuff like miss a tackle with a safety and give the CPU free touchdowns).

So for me this means I always end up doing too well against the run, and I usually increase both CPU run blocking and pass blocking since I'm always usering my D-Line... so its not because I think Flazko's settings are bad, but because my play style means I need the CPU to have better blocking.

So if you often control your D-Line like me, I would recommend bumping up CPU run and/or pass blocking.

Right now I use a custom slider set where I mashed together Flazko's and Charter's slider sets. Charter recommends CPU run block be at 53, Flazko recommends 45... I use 60.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:00 AM   #7868
All Star

Mike Lowe's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by IcedCoffee1983
I used Flazko's set (his all madden realism set) for a while when deciding on an all madden slider set.

I had to increase CPU run blocking from what he recommended (45) because I was crushing the CPU run game no matter whom I faced.

However... when I play defense in Madden I always control my LE, LOLB, or a DT. I always screw up defense when controlling the secondary, so that's why I just control D-Line guys (I would always do stuff like miss a tackle with a safety and give the CPU free touchdowns).

So for me this means I always end up doing too well against the run, and I usually increase both CPU run blocking and pass blocking since I'm always usering my D-Line... so its not because I think Flazko's settings are bad, but because my play style means I need the CPU to have better blocking.

So if you often control your D-Line like me, I would recommend bumping up CPU run and/or pass blocking.

Right now I use a custom slider set where I mashed together Flazko's and Charter's slider sets. Charter recommends CPU run block be at 53, Flazko recommends 45... I use 60.

Just my 2 cents.
I'm using his All-Pro sliders, the ones with the 95 speed threshold. Also, I control MLB on every down.
Old 03-09-2017, 11:08 AM   #7869
Banned

IcedCoffee1983's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Lowe
I'm using his All-Pro sliders, the ones with the 95 speed threshold. Also, I control MLB on every down.
So you're controlling a position that has a huge influence on stopping the run... for others who dont often control the MLB on every play like you, its not surprising their team isnt as good at stopping the run.

If I were you I'd consider upping CPU run block.

Generally over the years I use sliders from Charter, Flazko or Jarrod. (I dont use Jarrods anymore, his mutiple tiers of sliders are too confusing) But whichever slider guru I went with I almost always increase CPU run and pass blocking over what they recommend. With CPU run block my default is 10+ from whatever the guru's say and then I play a season like that to test my results.

This year I am using 10+ run block, and +5 pass block.

In any case... Flazko's recommendations are solid, I've used his recomendations many times in past years. But since I am usering my D-Line exclusively it means I need the CPU blocking increased.
Old 03-09-2017, 03:47 PM   #7870
All Star

Flazko's Arena

Hmmm so Browns just got Brock Osweiler from Texans, I wonder if they're making room for Romo..

Anyways, hope everyone is having a good day. Hope you're getting good games and having fun. I'll be answering questions a little later if anyone has any.
Old 03-09-2017, 04:01 PM   #7871
All Star

Flazko's Arena

JJ Watt for Tony Romo needs to happen, fingers crossed for me guys. I really want this lol help your boy Flazko out and help me pray for it. Lol
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-09-2017, 04:39 PM   #7872
Rookie

this isnt really slider related. But what was the reason decided to use slower game speed for online?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »