Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders - Page 100 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 09-09-2016, 08:11 AM   #793
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

So, here is a dumb question:

I hear people mentioning in here that the AI is using the same 12 to 15 plays.

How do you guys even realize this, unless you are going back and review replays?

When I am in the game i don't ever, for example, recognize that they have called "four verticals." Now, I typically play as a lineman or occasionally an LB, never a safety or corner, so not sure if that affects me.

Just curious what I am "doing wrong" if I am not recognizing these things and others are?


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sbattisti is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:21 AM   #794
Hall Of Fame
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 11,942
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
So, here is a dumb question:

I hear people mentioning in here that the AI is using the same 12 to 15 plays.

How do you guys even realize this, unless you are going back and review replays?

When I am in the game i don't ever, for example, recognize that they have called "four verticals." Now, I typically play as a lineman or occasionally an LB, never a safety or corner, so not sure if that affects me.

Just curious what I am "doing wrong" if I am not recognizing these things and others are?



Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


In my game settings.....I have previous play information set to "On" so when I am in the play call screen (Slim) I can see what both the offense and defense called the previous play!

That is how I can see the trends and patterns of the CPU play calling.
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 18:
2017 Yankees YR2 (7-8)
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3



Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 08:45 AM   #795
Rookie
 
JimmyT85's Arena
 
OVR: 2
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Liverpool, UK
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
- I have no problem starting an offline CFM, last season all patches applied to offline CFM no issues. Also I am not using generic defensive playbook, just offense.



- This does not require 2 controllers!!! Please simply follow the instructions I give on the OP in the spoiler section and also you can view the video on my Twitch channel which gives a simple demo of what I do.



Answers above.
Thank you man. I can't wait for the roster update to drop and start a CFM again
__________________
UK Packers Fan
PSN: bigfootstick1
JimmyT85 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:47 AM   #796
Rookie
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: May 2011
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
In my game settings.....I have previous play information set to "On" so when I am in the play call screen (Slim) I can see what both the offense and defense called the previous play!

That is how I can see the trends and patterns of the CPU play calling.


Holy crap I never even knew that feature existed.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
sbattisti is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 09:51 AM   #797
All Star
 
Manning2Harrison's Arena
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Knoxville, TN
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

In a 32 team CFM, would you recommend changing all 31 CPU playbooks at the outset, or just changing to a generic for the current week's opponent, then changing it back after the game is played?
Manning2Harrison is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:39 AM   #798
Hall Of Fame
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 11,942
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
In a 32 team CFM, would you recommend changing all 31 CPU playbooks at the outset, or just changing to a generic for the current week's opponent, then changing it back after the game is played?
If I were running a 32 team CFM I would do the following and create a master file before pre-season week 1


1) Set every teams Auto Sub's to 80 in 60 out (in case you ever take over another team, or start fresh every team will be set up properly).

2) Do every teams desired formation subs to get RB rotations, WR1 in slot formations, pass rushing OLB in the DE position on nickel and dime defenses etc. Get all of them done.

3) Set every teams generic playbook up on offense for every team (except the team you are going to control as I use my team specific playbook since I use the entire playbook unlike the CPU which seems to call the same 12-15 plays ever game with team specific playbooks).

4) Entirely up to you if you want to handle all the in-season resigns and off season free agency so each team you set up...your option to set those things to auto or off on the front end of selecting each team as you add those teams in your 32 team initial set up.

And there you go. Once all that is done save and title it Madden32TeamMasterFile

Then you will never have to go through that process again for any brand new franchises you want to start.


Now one thing of note.....I get a lot of hard crashes and freezes inside the formation sub menu and If I were going to run a 32 team CFM I would actually wait for that big patch in the works that I am pretty certain will address the instability issues the game is having in certain menus like formation subs. Just a heads up for you in that regard.



I am personally fine doing the "create the coach I am playing" each week workaround as according to some strong testing reports even after you retire the coach after the game is done, the playbooks and formation subs as well as depth charts stick (obviously injuries and player movement in subsequent seasons will change the depth charts etc). And of course that same coach will be still coaching that team. So even if you retire Pete Carroll and even the news feed say's farewell to him....the next week he will be back with the team like nothing happened.

Have fun!!!

Once the new roster drops today we are starting fresh with our Raiders CFM!!!

I will sign RB Karlos Williams Sr and WR Hakeem Grant as well as rebuild my Practice Squad (is all those players are still on the new roster file) exactly the way I had it in my current raiders CFM. I love that feature BTW....so cool poaching players from other teams!!

I am pumped to play with this new method that gives us far better AI playcalling and customization with depth charts and formation subs!!!


Football season is here!!!!
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 18:
2017 Yankees YR2 (7-8)
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3



Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:41 AM   #799
Rookie
 
crabcola's Arena
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Ada, OK
Posts: 190
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

I admit I haven't read past page 64 or so of the thread, so I'm sorry if this has been asked. Guys (and gals), are any of you having absurdly high CPU pass completion percentage at times? This is kind of a two part question, I guess. I'm 5 games into the season, and there are ridiculous numbers being put up. There are 9 guys with Passer ratings over 100, 5 of those who are over 107. There are 21 over 1000 yards already. Dak Prescott, a rookie, has 1492 yards, 11 TD and no INT thru 5 weeks! Completion percentage of 73%. Cam Newton has 73% as well with 15 TD and 1 pick. Paxton Lynch, another rookie (who isn't even a starter in real life, lol) has 1,491 with 15 and 4. Anyway, I could go on and on. I don't see a percentage lower than 63 % on the list besides the Carson Wentz, and I'm controlling the Eagles. (been getting my butt kicked every week, by the way, Armor, haha.) I guess this is the second part of my question... Do you guys think this has anything to do with the CPU cheesing in game? It may not happen to anyone else, but the CPU will run the same plays over and over and over, and it's little dink and dunk stuff like shallow drags that I just can't stop... Especially when poor tackling by my no switch defense. So, the TE will burn me for 100 no matter who I'm playing. And I pretty much always give up 68% to my opponent. I guess I'm wondering if the in-game issue I'm reporting is happening to anyone else, and also if we think that may be what the CPU is doing to itself in all the league wide Sim games? These stats are just ridiculous and very far from realistic.

Really sorry for this post not being real clean. I'm bad at writing my thoughts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
__________________
Most people don't know what it means to be champion... Oklahoma invented it. ~Barry Switzer
crabcola is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2016, 10:44 AM   #800
Hall Of Fame
 
Armor and Sword's Arena
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Parkland, Florida
Posts: 11,942
Blog Entries: 2
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manning2Harrison
In a 32 team CFM, would you recommend changing all 31 CPU playbooks at the outset, or just changing to a generic for the current week's opponent, then changing it back after the game is played?
Quote:
Originally Posted by crabcola
I admit I haven't read past page 64 or so of the thread, so I'm sorry if this has been asked. Guys (and gals), are any of you having absurdly high CPU pass completion percentage at times? This is kind of a two part question, I guess. I'm 5 games into the season, and there are ridiculous numbers being put up. There are 9 guys with Passer ratings over 100, 5 of those who are over 107. There are 21 over 1000 yards already. Dak Prescott, a rookie, has 1492 yards, 11 TD and no INT thru 5 weeks! Completion percentage of 73%. Cam Newton has 73% as well with 15 TD and 1 pick. Paxton Lynch, another rookie (who isn't even a starter in real life, lol) has 1,491 with 15 and 4. Anyway, I could go on and on. I don't see a percentage lower than 63 % on the list besides the Carson Wentz, and I'm controlling the Eagles. (been getting my butt kicked every week, by the way, Armor, haha.) I guess this is the second part of my question... Do you guys think this has anything to do with the CPU cheesing in game? It may not happen to anyone else, but the CPU will run the same plays over and over and over, and it's little dink and dunk stuff like shallow drags that I just can't stop... Especially when poor tackling by my no switch defense. So, the TE will burn me for 100 no matter who I'm playing. And I pretty much always give up 68% to my opponent. I guess I'm wondering if the in-game issue I'm reporting is happening to anyone else, and also if we think that may be what the CPU is doing to itself in all the league wide Sim games? These stats are just ridiculous and very far from realistic.

Really sorry for this post not being real clean. I'm bad at writing my thoughts.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk
You are very late to the party my friend.

Please go to the OP and read the spolier section where I give my CFM approach, house rules, and the playbook workaround (really simple process using generic playbooks for your CPU opponent that week). Keep in mind this is for offline franchise.

Also your defensive play calling looks like it needs to improve. I have games where I get shredded but I have games where I keep the CPU at bay and see plenty of games with 50-60% comp % numbers and highly realistic stats.

Play all the drill trainer tutorials too and learn every single defensive and offensive concept. You will learn to recognize what you are seeing when you get to the line on both offense and defense.
__________________
Now Playing:
MLB The Show 18:
2017 Yankees YR2 (7-8)
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3



Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-09-2016 at 10:46 AM.
Armor and Sword is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:12 PM.

Top -