Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders - Page 114 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 09-12-2016, 05:31 PM   #905
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by Champion8877
Some attributes are very expensive once they start getting highly rated. If you do weekly or even every 4, then the players won't accumulate enough to upgrade the expensive ones. And the CPU spends all of its xp available when it upgrades, so it will never save for the expensive ones. That's why you use end of season, it forces them to save their xp and they can spend it on the most important attributes, not just the cheap ones they can afford

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
Wanted to add that dev's have said the game was designed for progression every 4 weeks. Good to know you get better results with end of season. Just wish we were shown results of what was spent on each player.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:04 PM   #906
Pro

queenie.paula's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Wanted to add that dev's have said the game was designed for progression every 4 weeks. Good to know you get better results with end of season. Just wish we were shown results of what was spent on each player.
but has anyone seen how the cpu ends up using the xp if its spent at end of season? I plan on doing a 32 team control, but will the cpu make good upgrades or will they upgrade a 35 year olds speed and things
Old 09-12-2016, 06:28 PM   #907
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitStyle
Armor, I know you do a lot of testing and have a lot of time with the game.

Do you buy into the whole "default" sliders theory Josh and skins have been pushing out? I tried both yours and default and had similar experiences. I really think the main thing is changing the playbooks.
I buy into the sliders I use. That's why i share them with all of you and hope you get a similar experience.

I think the playbook work around is a great breakthrough in getting the CPU to play a lot better than they did out of the box this year.

I am awaiting the next big patch (I have no idea on the ETA so please don't ask) to do my next round of testing.

As of right now...using my house rules and using the dynamic approach to assigning generic playbook to my opponent each week based on their current personnel....I am having amazing games and having a blast.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 09-12-2016, 06:41 PM   #908
Rookie

I just played the craziest game in Week 2 of my Titans Franchise. (In Wk 1 I played the Vikings (changed their playbook to Run Balanced, like suggested) and won 13-12...they couldn't run the ball well so they went to the pass but the game played well. They're defense was tough.)

But then in week 2 against the Lions (Pass balanced playbook)...Matthew Stafford had 62 (!!!) Pass attempts, and the team only had around 8 rushing attempts. I couldn't really stop the pass, although I adjusted well to slow it down so I don't blame them, but I was in awe at how little they ran the ball. They wound up winning 35-30...

Stafford was something like 45-62 with over 450 yards passing. I noticed that they were throwing a lot of passes to the inside of the field so I started adjusting my zone defense to play inside and I forced him to a lot of short underneath passes to help me come back. I was down 21-0 and slowly chipped away but just got blitzed early.
Old 09-12-2016, 06:48 PM   #909
Banned

rich8682's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
I buy into the sliders I use. That's why i share them with all of you and hope you get a similar experience.

I think the playbook work around is a great breakthrough in getting the CPU to play a lot better than they did out of the box this year.

I am awaiting the next big patch (I have no idea on the ETA so please don't ask) to do my next round of testing.

As of right now...using my house rules and using the dynamic approach to assigning generic playbook to my opponent each week based on their current personnel....I am having amazing games and having a blast.
Raiders killed me and my 70s rated corners to the tune of 441 yards just now. Great playcalls all game, to make matters worse my line could barely get pressure. Cox got doubled all game and the rest of the guys had a couple sacks, but otherwise looked lost.

Sent from my SM-G386W using Tapatalk
Old 09-12-2016, 07:21 PM   #910
Pro

StormsWarning's Arena

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

Sounds Good, i appreciate your work brother, i've tried others but at the end of the day this set is what im rolling with, there is some fine tuning i still need to do, but other than that .... lets get it popping!

NFL - Cleveland Browns
NBA - Cleveland Cavaliers
MLB - Cleveland Indians
Old 09-12-2016, 07:39 PM   #911
Rookie

zacification1's Arena

I've played 2 good games so far with these, here's the more telling of the two when it comes to concerns.

Cincinnati Bengals at Baltimore Ravens
Jan 1, 1234F
CIN ()0140721
BAL ()7713027
Top Performers
PASS: Andy Dalton - 10/34, 297 YDS, 3 TDs
RUSH: Justin Forsett - 21 CAR, 101 YDS
REC: Mike Wallace - 6 REC, 245 YDS, 3 TDs
Team Stats Comparison

CINBAL
First Downs165
3rd Down Efficiency2-9 (22%)1-9 (11%)
4th Down Efficiency0-11-1
Total Yards402507
Passing Yards270239
Rushing Yards53159
Penalties-Penalty Yards3-2010-84
Turnovers1(+3)4(-3)
Time of Possession20:2319:37
Scoring Summary
Cincinnati Bengals
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Andy Dalton19/3429730
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Jeremy Hill18573.10
Giovani Bernard1-4-40
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Tyler Eifert7679.51
James Wright410927.21
Brandon LaFell360201
A.J. Green226130
Giovani Bernard1000
Tyler Kroft1550
Tyler Boyd13000
BLOCKINGPANCAKESACK
Cedric Ogbuehi10
Andrew Whitworth12
Russel Bodine10
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
Rey Maualuga5010
Chris Lewis-Harris5000
Shawn Williams6020
Adam "Pacman" Jones0010
Vincent Rey6

Carlos Dunlap50

Dre Kirkpatrick4
Geno Atkins20

George Iloka210
Michael Johnson2
Domata Peko11

KICKINGFGXPPTSLG
Mike Nugent0/13/3

PUNTINGTOTYDSAVG-20
Kevin Huber421050.21
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Rex Burkhead24120.5
Adam "Pacman" Jones23819

Baltimore Ravens
PASSINGC/AYDSTDINT
Joe Flacco8/1525034
RUSHINGATTYDSAVGTD
Justin Forsett211014.80
Terrance West46115.21
RECEIVINGRECYDSAVGTD
Mike Wallace624540.83
Jusitin Forsett1330
Kamar Aiken1220
DEFENSETACKSACKINTTD
C.J. Mosley71

Brandon Williams4

Jimmy Smith3

Shareece Wright4

Eric Weddle4

Terrell Suggs41

Zachary Orr3

Ladarius Webb7

Tavon Young2

Lawrence Guy11

Elvis Dumervil1

Kendrick Lewis1

Jerraud Powers1

Jerraud Powers3

Timmy Jernigan21

KICKINGFGXPPTSLG
Justin Tucker0/23/430
KICK RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Chris Moore12626
Devin Hester35418
PUNT RETURNRETYDSAVGTD
Devin Hester22914.5

Now the stats aren't entirely indicative of how the players played, but I'm sure Mike Wallace pops out. 6 catches, 245 yards, and three scores? THIS MAN IS NOT ANTONIO BROWN! But it turn out, that anyone is Antonio Brown when they play Dre Kirkpatrick in the NFL, lol. Anyway, Dre was slotted as the #1 corner, so I saw that Adam Jones would be on Steve Smith. Steve Smith was locked down for the entire game. I didn't even throw his way. Adam was on lockdown. But on the other hand, a big, physical cornerback was covering a BURNER. And Mike Wallace BURNED him. I'll explain how.

2nd and 11, first down run by Forsett, but called back due to a block in the back on Pitta. Repeat 2nd down, first down run AGAIN by Forsett, called back due to holding. So, I tricked the CPU. I ran the perfect PA pass, and with Flacco's arm, destroyed Dre Kirkpatrick with a 76 yard score. That moment was amazing.

Mid 2nd corner, I figure Dre Kirkpatrick is still a mismatch, so I bomb it again for Wallace, 75 YD TD!!!!!

Opening possesion of the 3rd, after I failed beforehand going to Wallace, I try again. 70 YD TD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I threw 8 total at him, 5 were deep balls, three were TDs, other three were two drag routes and and interception on an overthrow.

I figured the reason Wallace was so monstrous was because Iloka was playing at FS, and he's a physical Safety. And that was partially right, because he had to respect the TE Dennis Pitta. While he played there, Dre Kirkpatrick, for some odd reason, was 1 on 1 with Mike Wallace. Even Madden thinks he's a bust. Haha.

Outside of Mike Wallace, running the ball felt fairly easy. I figured it might be a bit better due to Vontaze Burfict being out, but I wasn't expecting over 90 total yds. There's Peko, Atkins, Rey, Maualuga, Dunlap, etc.

Running for Bengals, it was quite mediocre, They didn't sub in Gio Bernard really at all, and Jeremy Hill was meh. Wish it was a bit more difficult, but Brandon Williams and C.J. Mosley were great in Run D for me. Williams had an awesome play where he blew off Russell Bodine like a fly and blew up hill. It was great to see him do that while in an 0-tech against a pedestrian center who is 31 lbs. lighter. I tell ya man, I f****** love Nose Tackles and respect what they do so much. They take up two lineman, which Williams did on the routine in this game, and Williams was crazy good. What a beast.

Back to the trenches, rookie Ronnie Stanley help up mighty fine against Carlos Dunlap. The only sack the Bengals had was on a blown PA pass play where George Iloka was blitzing. Geno Atkins was also held in check, surprisingly, even against the tag team of Jeremy Zuttah and John Urschel. You know what, I also respect the f*** out of John Urschel too. I love maffematics and science and physics and sh**. He used some wacky gravitational formula where the effects of accelerated motion are indistinguishable from those of gravy type calculus to hold a pro bowl DT in check like he did today.

The OL was also very good when it came to opening up holes. I was eating up 6-9 yard chunks at some times. I even ran some stretch plays with Mike Wallace blocking Dre Kirkpatrick. You'd think the physical guy would actually win something there, but MIKE WALLACE SAY NO, MIKE WALLACE SAY GO TO TIMEOUT PUNY KIRKPATRICK.

I also usered T-Sizzle and Elvis Dumervil for the whole game, and I got .5 of a sack and 2 QB hits with Terrell Suggs. Andrew Whitworth buried him in the first half, but it actually felt that I was building up a hot streak. That was amazing to feel. Side note, underrated players of the game goes to Adam Jones for the Bengals, Timmy Jernigan for Ravens.

On to the Bengals recievers, I knew the Ravens secondary, corners mainly, are trash. So I assigned Ladarrius Webb from FS to always double cover with AJ Green, so 2 of my best 3 DBs were shutting down Green. It showed in the stats. Andy looked Green's way only 4 times, 2 were actually catches. But because of the double coverage, it left room for guys like Tyler Eifert to have an amazingly realistic day. Just look at that stat line of Eifert's and tell me it's not on par. Also, I didn't expect this, but James Wright was the Slot Receiver according to Rotoworld, and he had 4 catches for 108 yards. But somebody's gonna have a good day when A.J. is shut down. Me double covering A.J. and Mike f***ing Wallace were the only reasons I won. I threw four freaking INTs.

That all happened in 99 plays. I ran 10 minute quarters with 20 second runoff. Most stats seemed realistic. Especially Andy Dalton and Tyler Eifert. I need to get to run about 30 more plays, but the amount of plays don't matter in an awesome game like this. Thanks for posting these.

My slider adjustment feedback: Speed threshold? I'm unsure as to whether Mike Wallace was an anomaly. Also, defensive and offensive pass rush should be tuned until there is 3-4 seconds average pocket time.

F*** yeah. If I keep getting games like this I won't stop. Thanks bro.

New England Patriots
Boston College Eagles

Last edited by zacification1; 09-12-2016 at 07:39 PM. Reason: EDIT: I meant gravity, not gravy.
Old 09-12-2016, 10:20 PM   #912
All Star

azdawgpound's Arena

OVR: 21

Lost my 3rd game of yr due to my kicker who received his walking papers after the game.

I also lost RG3 to shoulder tear (on news of him going on IR in real life) so he's out rest of season with 2 games left were 11-3.

Also lost duke johnson. Again with I believe is abdominal tear or shoulder tear, also lost corey Coleman to separated shoulder....funny thing Is when I checked injury report after game he wasent listed.

This is second time that a player suffered a separated shoulder in game but not listed on injury list so either they super fast healers or glitch with that injury.

This was snowy game at bills RG3 went out on second play of game on sack...bills went up 14-0 on long td pass and mccoy 65 yard td run.

McCown lead us down to fg made it 14-7...forced a punt and we get a td run by johnson 14-10...I would later add a fg 14-13 half.

I received KO and went down field but missed a chip fg ....again I force bills to punt next drive McCown finds Coleman for 25 yard td 20-14.....bills driving but Manuel is int...I would settle for fg Fg 23-14.

Bills drive and get another mccoy td 23-21.....I drive down and again forced to try chip fg and this one was wide right.....bills ball few minutes remaining and Manuel finds his te for late td 28-23 final.

Those 2 fgs left off board 6 points and we would of won by 1 so those 2 plus other in loses lead to our kicker getting axed.

McCown had great game filling in for RG3... Had over 300+yards and 2 tds.

Chargers, Steelers are left to play.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »