Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders - Page 169 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-13-2016, 10:22 AM   #1345
Cover 2

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

I tested these out for two games in my CFM and had a nice experience. My KC squad in year 4 has a personnel/attribute advantage of 89-86 over San Diego and I pulled out a rough 27-13 victory in the first game. The next matchup was against TN who is an 84 OVR (high offense, poor defense). I made some adjustments from the first game and pulled out a surprising 42-17 win in that game.

I bumped pass blocking up to 60 for both Hum and CPU and really liked the results. The only times I got pressure was when I blitzed, there was good coverage (coverage sack) or 2 or 3 times when my elite pass-rushers just made good moves and the QB couldn't get rid of it. I felt this was very realistic compared to how it played at 50/50.

I threw 3 INT in the first game and one early on in the second (all to LB's) and also struggled to run the ball and find open guys. I realized that the "slow" speed wasn't something I was used to and there is separation with speed parity at 40, but it doesn't happen instantly. I was throwing the ball too soon and not letting receivers clear their man or finish their break. Also on runs, I'm forced to be more patient behind the line and stay off the RT/R2 button. Also, I quit using stiff arm because it was resulting in fumbles about 50% of the time, which also led me to adjust the fumble slider just a few ticks.

I like how the CPU feels smarter and the defense is much tighter, especially in coverage, despite the coverage sliders being lower than what I'm used to. It really felt like the CPU Defense knew what plays I utilize out of various formations and had the correct coverages to defend them -- BUT it didn't feel like the AI was cheating (as they do on All-Madden).

Offensively, I really like what this set is doing by forcing me to be more patient on the sticks.

One final thought (suggestion) that I know you're already addressing, but my backup HB had two rushing TD's at goalline situations where it didn't make a whole lot of sense for my starter to be tired. I'm not sure if there's a simple adjustment for fatigue on a global level or if it's an auto-sub thing, but it went beyond the HB's as there were other times when subs were coming in due to being tired when it seemed a little questionable.

Great work on these. I'm definitely sticking with them until the next patch wrecks gameplay. Ha!

Last edited by jmik58; 10-13-2016 at 10:25 AM.
Old 10-13-2016, 11:37 AM   #1346
Rookie

OVR: 1

In regards to linebackers jumping routes and overall tight defense I think speed parity has a bit to do with this. I just find that the linebackers cover a little to much ground on routes across the middle and/or the reciever takes a smidgen too long to get clearance. I personally like a little more differentiation in player speeds so I'm likely going to bump the speed parity a bit.
Old 10-13-2016, 12:17 PM   #1347
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
In regards to linebackers jumping routes and overall tight defense I think speed parity has a bit to do with this. I just find that the linebackers cover a little to much ground on routes across the middle and/or the reciever takes a smidgen too long to get clearance. I personally like a little more differentiation in player speeds so I'm likely going to bump the speed parity a bit.
You would want to lower the speed parity then. The lower the setting the bigger the separation. But be for-warned that below 40 I felt I saw too many big plays.

Auto Subs are maddening. I do a lot of formation subs to make sure my back up RB get's work. As far as the CPU I do the create a coach workaround for that week and set their formation subs. But once the real life coach retires or get's fired.....it's a PITA.

It is what it is.

The most important thing for me post patch is user pass rush. And I am almost done tweaking that.

As far as interceptions. I am not seeing a problem. The ones I throw are on me except for tipped passes of course. You really have to throw to the open man. If you try to squeeze into tight windows without a top shelf QB.....you are toast. I am fine with Pass Defense Reaction at default and INT's at 35.

I am just tired of the fatigue/auto sub thing on 15 minutes quarters. I have everything except QB's and OL set to out 60 in 80 and see WR and RB subs.

Not as often as I want but I have never been able to get it right on the PS4 Maddens. I just accept it.

I am going to tinker with DL at out 50 in 55 again and see if that works well.

On long drives my WR's do sub in and out. It works fine at 60/80

So here is my current testing sliders I have tinkered with if you all care to try it out.

CPU Pass Blocking 60
CPU Run Blocking 58
False Start - 53
Fatigue outside CFM (main menu) 50
Fatigue Inside CFM 65

Auto Subs

QB 0/1
OL 0/1

Everything else at out 60 in 80
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-13-2016, 12:33 PM   #1348
Cover 2

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
You would want to lower the speed parity then. The lower the setting the bigger the separation. But be for-warned that below 40 I felt I saw too many big plays.

Auto Subs are maddening. I do a lot of formation subs to make sure my back up RB get's work. As far as the CPU I do the create a coach workaround for that week and set their formation subs. But once the real life coach retires or get's fired.....it's a PITA.

It is what it is.

The most important thing for me post patch is user pass rush. And I am almost done tweaking that.

As far as interceptions. I am not seeing a problem. The ones I throw are on me except for tipped passes of course. You really have to throw to the open man. If you try to squeeze into tight windows without a top shelf QB.....you are toast. I am fine with Pass Defense Reaction at default and INT's at 35.

I am just tired of the fatigue/auto sub thing on 15 minutes quarters. I have everything except QB's and OL set to out 60 in 80 and see WR and RB subs.

Not as often as I want but I have never been able to get it right on the PS4 Maddens. I just accept it.

So here is my current testing sliders I have tinkered with if you all care to try it out.

CPU Pass Blocking 60
CPU Run Blocking 58
False Start - 53
Fatigue Inside CFM 65

Auto Subs

QB 0/1
OL 0/1

I'll try out these changes and report back.

Quick question, does lowering the Fumble slider lead to more fumbles or less? I thought I read somewhere that it leads to more fumbles (lower on the slider = lower ball carrying skills).
Old 10-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #1349
Rookie

Speed parity I only touch once or twice per year so I always forget what the difference is until I go to touch it and see the description. If I did bump it it would be just a smudge because I'm only seeing it being off maybe one step. My perspective is playing as the Jets so I have fast defensive players compared to other teams and my main two receivers are exact opposites of each other.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:26 PM   #1350
Rookie

The expectation of getting real sub frequency with a slider set is moot. We are trying to replicate specialized roles using mystery numbers. I figure if it's realistic that if a running back is in on 3-5 straight plays he's gonna come off and be back on 1-2 plays later depending on situation. The NFL is having a RB personality conflict where they've decided that RBs are interchangeable and switch them constantly. The stats are showing its not the case and its likely there will be a change back to primary backs. I'm just willing to suspend belief enough to let it happen a little earlier in my leagues.
Old 10-13-2016, 01:57 PM   #1351
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword

It is what it is.

CPU Pass Blocking 60
CPU Run Blocking 58
False Start - 53
Fatigue Inside CFM 65

Auto Subs

QB 0/1
OL 0/1

Just had a game with the updated sliders, and it was a much better experience. I lost 37-33 to the Broncos (I was Cleveland), and it was probably my most enjoyable game thus far.

The fatigue felt spot on, I wouldn't change that at all.
I still managed to get some pressure on the QB with the pass blocking updated, but not as much as I did before the tweak. I managed to record 3 sacks, and coincidentally, they all came from play-action plays.
Still saw the consecutive false starts from the CPU team with the same O-Lineman. I saw false starts from the same player, all in the red zone again, too.

Other than that, pretty spot on.
Cheers dude
Old 10-13-2016, 02:16 PM   #1352
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I may just drop false start to default 50 at this point. I see them to frequently like some of you in succession with the same players....seems like a bug when that slider is turned up now.

Try it out at 50.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »