Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders - Page 171 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 10-14-2016, 03:49 PM   #1361
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdawg3782
Just to throw this out there I've played every single game this year in PTM mode (probably around 75ish games). It doesn't seem that autosubs make much difference at all for subbing. Fatigue is the big factor in when guys go out with auto subs being a small modifier which doesn't really work well IMO. I have seen gameplay changes based on sub settings though. That's been my take so far FWIW.
I'm actually fairly convinced this is the case. This is why when you see people messing with the sub frequencies they always end up have to put things at extremes to see any difference, and it's usually to shut subbing off. 60/80 works fine for all positions and from what I've seen changing the running back is the only one that can be effectively tracked. (Obviously from my sims, there are enough personnel changes to get backups in except OL).

Now there is another reason fatigue will affect subs more and in fact affect gameplay. Increasing fatigue will cause more RB subs and likely also decrease big plays. Simply because of you ramp up fatigue the access to turbo is decreased. For RBs this will pile on much quicker as it is used much more often. This is where I believe the extra subs are coming from.

So bringing this back to topic. Fatigue is likely much more important than auto subs. Finding a combination that works across the board on everybody based on RB and DL usage is nearly impossible because they are the two positions where gameplay most varies. Everybody who comes up with sliders uses a varying level of aggression (moves/turbo) when it comes to rushing on both end of the ball.

If you are going to adjust auto subs it needs to be done by watching in coach mode because the user is tainting the experiment. But 80/60 is the consensus decision and 65/50 fatigue also seems to be a consensus. Any adjustments besides those are really just play style tweaks.
Old 10-14-2016, 03:56 PM   #1362
Rookie

In addition, I would actually like to praise the developers because 1)I think in a vacuum the subbing system is working exactly as intended 2)endurance rating actually does factor in Player fatigue and subbing, this was evident in the sims. Though not at accurately dispersed as in reality, the teams that used multiple backs typically did have the most balance between 1 and 2 backs. The high endurance work horses got the higher percentage of runs.
Old 10-14-2016, 04:32 PM   #1363
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

As far aa auto subs everything is back to 60/80 it makes no difference.

All other changes are the same. Fatigue at 65 is money. I love Pass Blocking at 60 for the CPU and Run Blocking back to 58.

I am traveling this weekend for a baseball tournament with my son (12U Fall Nationals) so see you guys Monday.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 10-14-2016, 05:58 PM   #1364
MVP

mattlanta's Arena

OVR: 21

Hey Armor, long time user of your sliders here. I'm enjoying your set so far but have a few things I was hoping you'd help me tweak a little bit. (I've played five games so far)

First, my special team kickers are just incredibly inaccurate. I can never seem to get off a good kickoff or field goal passed 35 yards. Not sure if i am just getting used to the new system or what but I need help tweaking it a little.

The second biggest problem is the amount of illegal blocks in the backs i get about 4-5 of those every game.

And lastly, the running game is weak on both sides. I lead the league in rush defense as the falcons which is unrealistic. And i also have the weakest running game in the league.

What are your tips on tweaking my slider set? Thanks!
Old 10-14-2016, 07:53 PM   #1365
Rookie

What changes have you made and have you updated the OP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-14-2016, 09:35 PM   #1366
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thelegitgoat
What changes have you made and have you updated the OP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think op was changed last I looked but they are above. Changes to CPU pass and run blocking, false start and fatigue. AS said he'll be gone all weekend.
Old 10-17-2016, 12:40 PM   #1367
Cover 2

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42

I definitely recommend lowering the block-in-the back slider 5 or 10. I'm seeing too many of them called, especially on basic runs between the tackles where no such penalty even exists.
Old 10-17-2016, 05:55 PM   #1368
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Still testing post patch adjustments. Will be out of town again Tuesday and Wednesday.

We will have an update by this weekend.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »