Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-23-2016, 10:28 AM   #1401
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by HubichYercocov
My pass rush is non-existent using 4-3 defense with both my rush D/E's converted from LB's (Robert Mathis and Trent Cole). My entire DL is blocked on every passing play and even if I control one of them, I'm spamming square and X and can never break the block nor get pressure. The only time I ever get a sack is from coverage sacks. Not sure what to do to fix this issue as I've even resorted to setting the CPU Pass Block even lower to no avail.
On a flight, so killing time reading through various threads...this caught my eye..Armor already addressed the in-game button-mashing side of it. Thought I'd chime in on the schematic side a bit....

Here's the thing....those 3-4 OLB to 4-3 DE conversions don't always work well this year (you can't just throw any OLB at DE and have him produce...what you're describing is exactly what will happen. They won't have the strength or shed to get off of their blocks.

Now...I'm a bit surprised that Cole/Mathis are struggling since they were both ends at some point IRL (so, either the issue is something else or they're not well rated for the conversion). Coach scheme matters here too....obviously, they need to be set to speed rush. I also think going to attacking 43 versus base 43 can help a bit.

Your description of mashing buttons leads me to believe that your issue is more your execution than anything (I do the same when I get frustrated and it tends to make matters worse). But I would take a look at your scheme and your guys' ratings to make sure that isn't the issue.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-23-2016, 05:39 PM   #1402
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20

I enjoy these sliders. I play exactly how you do. However, the cpu has absolutely ZERO run game. Just played the Giants week one of my Cowboys franchise. Giants had a combined 0 yards rushing as a team. Yes, ZERO!! Jennings had 18 carries for 1 yard. But hey he punched in a 1yd touchdown run ha!

Any suggestions?
Old 10-23-2016, 06:09 PM   #1403
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Now...I'm a bit surprised that Cole/Mathis are struggling since they were both ends at some point IRL (so, either the issue is something else or they're not well rated for the conversion). Coach scheme matters here too....obviously, they need to be set to speed rush. I also think going to attacking 43 versus base 43 can help a bit.

Your description of mashing buttons leads me to believe that your issue is more your execution than anything (I do the same when I get frustrated and it tends to make matters worse). But I would take a look at your scheme and your guys' ratings to make sure that isn't the issue.
Thanks for the suggestions. The only reasons I drafted Cole and Mathis to convert to Ends were in fact because they were Ends previously, I figured it was somewhat realistic. I will take a look at my scheme but I believe I am an attacking 4-3 already.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
- Spamming the buttons is a huge part of the problem. Unless you time your jump with the R2 button it is futile. Also knowing which move is highly rated (or both for elite pass rushers who can bull and speed rush like Mack) helps. I am not having issues getting a pass rush. With the latest tweaks I have made sacks are earned for the most part. Sometimes they are quick sacks based on getting a great jump, having he right blitz and coverage called, or a coverage sack and not giving up on the play. The NFL today is a pure passing league and pass defense has been neutered to the point of ridiculous IMO. Madden is also representing this evolution of the game.....and also it is a video game and we all must remember that too. It will not replicate real life all the time. I suggest practicing learning how to time your pass rush jump better (jumping the snap) and using the button presses properly. Maybe you should turn on the visual aides for now to see the pass rush icons to better get a feel for it. But that is going hand in hand with your lack of pass defense. If you are near getting pressure you are a dead duck.
Thanks for the response.

I have found that spamming is not the answer and having more success with timing (though I have lowered the CPU pass blocking to be more in line with my skill level).

I think I have to play around with the Pass D sliders though as I am still being carved up for 80% completion rate whether I blitz or not, zone or man, the receivers just find open space or exploit a match up. I've noticed in 3 or 4 games, the opposing TE has caught over 10 passes for 100+ yards and I've yet to find an answer for it!
Old 10-24-2016, 05:49 AM   #1404
Rookie

finnish_flash's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrishSalsa
I enjoy these sliders. I play exactly how you do. However, the cpu has absolutely ZERO run game. Just played the Giants week one of my Cowboys franchise. Giants had a combined 0 yards rushing as a team. Yes, ZERO!! Jennings had 18 carries for 1 yard. But hey he punched in a 1yd touchdown run ha!

Any suggestions?
I had the same thing, which was weird because first it was ok for many games and then suddenly it just died. I've just bumped up the cpu run block, which is now at 70. I've had 3 games with that setting, in the first Chargers avg was 7.6, then Colts avg was 2.3 and in the third game Broncos avg was 3.4. I'll probably bump the cpu run block a bit more but it's pretty close.
On the flip side I've had to drop user run block a tad, since I was running all over opponents with any running back playing with the Raiders. I realize the Oline has alot to do with it, but still the avg's were 5.0 for Murray, 6.3 for Richard and 9.6 for Washington (he only carried 8 times for 77 yards with longest carry of 64 yards though).
I also made other minor changes, but overall I've been using these sliders as base sliders for years, love them. Thank Armor!

EDIT I just realized that the user run block was dropped to 45 which is what I dropped it to myself also from 48, so scratch what I said about needing to drop it more.

Last edited by finnish_flash; 10-24-2016 at 06:02 AM.
Old 10-24-2016, 04:30 PM   #1405
Rookie

After further evaluation, there just seems to be a fundamental flaw within the game.

I set user Pass Defense and Reaction both to 100. Both CPU QB Accuracy and Pass Blocking to 0.

AJ McCarron was still able to complete 88% of his passes with little to no resistance.

I'm not sure what else I can do at this point.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-24-2016, 05:52 PM   #1406
Rookie

OVR: 1

I'm having the issue with the CPU getting no running, however, my running seems ok if not a little under powered as the Jets. I think a small part of the CPU running game has to do with my DLine (Wilkerson, Williams, Richardson with Lee, Jenkins helping out as OLB) as they are pretty darn good.

One thing I did do, simply for my sanity and getting to watch (and I'm nearly 40) is to drop the speed to Very Slow. Simply said, user run blocking is much better than CPU run blocking.

Also, my pass coverage is average and there is little pass rush.

I'm gonna tweak some sliders and hopefully it will get a little better.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:34 PM   #1407
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Have to say I think I like the old settings better. I have noticed less pressure and a weaker run game. Also, pass defense is weaker. I will test a few more games but I may go back to the previous settings.
Old 10-24-2016, 07:57 PM   #1408
MVP

Has anyone tried these sliders on all madden?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »