Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders - Page 209 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 03-03-2017, 04:39 PM   #1665
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Yea I've been playing at user QB accuracy at 15 since the start of my 2nd season w/ the Browns.

One thing to consider for increasing the run game potency for the CPU is decreasing user tackle a tiny bit. Outside of the elite running backs I don't see too many broken tackles outside of whiffs on the CPU's favorite spin move in the open field.

I personally find the cpu coverage pretty good. Some routes they just never cover well in Madden which is why I limit the use of certain plays / routes when using suggested play calling. Slants, out routes, comebacks, streaks with no safety help over the top are all insanely easy reads on whether they will be open or not. I don't make any hot routes outside of my running back if I smell a blitz or a tight end to block.
Old 03-03-2017, 09:05 PM   #1666

The Chef's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
Yea I've been playing at user QB accuracy at 15 since the start of my 2nd season w/ the Browns.

One thing to consider for increasing the run game potency for the CPU is decreasing user tackle a tiny bit. Outside of the elite running backs I don't see too many broken tackles outside of whiffs on the CPU's favorite spin move in the open field.

I personally find the cpu coverage pretty good. Some routes they just never cover well in Madden which is why I limit the use of certain plays / routes when using suggested play calling. Slants, out routes, comebacks, streaks with no safety help over the top are all insanely easy reads on whether they will be open or not. I don't make any hot routes outside of my running back if I smell a blitz or a tight end to block.
That is my biggest lone issue, the consistent self policing that we must do. You just named 4 different routes and I'll add corner routes, angle routes and drags as they don't cover them well either. What routes are left? The CPU covers curl routes the best and thats about it, if I went that route I'd be throwing curls and double moves all game and that's it lol.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:14 PM   #1667
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Chef
That is my biggest lone issue, the consistent self policing that we must do. You just named 4 different routes and I'll add corner routes, angle routes and drags as they don't cover them well either. What routes are left? The CPU covers curl routes the best and thats about it, if I went that route I'd be throwing curls and double moves all game and that's it lol.
I deleted my comment as I was being overall critical and kind of a pessimist/jerk.

I just made a couple changes and I've noticed a difference.

Hum/cpu acc 15
CPU rbk 70
CPU coverage sliders 60, 60

First half against the Broncos was miserable. Defense too good. Felt great.

Last edited by combo87; 03-03-2017 at 10:56 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:20 PM   #1668
MVP

OVR: 6

I mean yes it sucks restricting gameplay. And it's not like I'll sit there and refuse to run plays with drag routes and such in them. What I do is force myself to make that a last read. If it's a blitz I'll throw to the drag or if I go through the deep reads and they're not open I'll throw to the drag. It's really minimal self restrictions compared to just completely shutting stuff out of being used.

By the way I've been having success with user accuracy 15, CPU accuracy 30, CPU runblock at 70. On a two game losing streak because of mistakes putting s close game out of reach.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:23 AM   #1669

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helios12787
I mean yes it sucks restricting gameplay. And it's not like I'll sit there and refuse to run plays with drag routes and such in them. What I do is force myself to make that a last read. If it's a blitz I'll throw to the drag or if I go through the deep reads and they're not open I'll throw to the drag. It's really minimal self restrictions compared to just completely shutting stuff out of being used.

By the way I've been having success with user accuracy 15, CPU accuracy 30, CPU runblock at 70. On a two game losing streak because of mistakes putting s close game out of reach.
Yeah I have no issues with the CPU accuracy, some games they shred me and every now and then I'll get the CPU to really struggle so I like the variety there. I'm gonna probably raise the CPU run block, I know it was mentioned to lower tackle a little but I already see moments when guys like Thomas Rawls shrug off Bowman so don't want that to become real prevelant. My issue with the CPU run game is unless there is an enormous hole my defensive line sheds the block and either makes the tackle or slows the runner down and then another defender finishes him off immediately. I assume if I raise the run block then maybe my defensive line won't shed the block so easily and make the tackle which is my goal in the end. Rushing totals for the CPU..

Thomas Rawls (13-24-0)
Dwayne Washington (21-91-1)
Robert Kelley (22-50-0)
Todd Gurley (6-13-0)
Latavius Murray (19-54-0)
David Johnson (19-81-1)
Eddie Lacy (15-30-0)
Ameer Abdullah (16-40-0)
Alex Collins (23-71-1)
Tyrone Nolan (12-29-1)
CJ Anderson (17-70-0)
Jerick McKinnon (9-112-1)
David Johnson (16-87-1)
Melvin Gordon (17-75-1)

As for my accuracy, that's a different story. My first game at home against Detroit and Mike Glennon went 11/21 and missed on some easier throws, really liked what I saw. Then I played at Seattle and Glennon went 19/22 and 233 yards only throwing 1 pass that was clearly off. Meanwhile Russell Wilson went 23/39 and threw 3 picks and missed on more throws then Glennon did. It almost seemed like the sliders were less user/cpu and more home/away lol, I know that isn't the case but it was really strange how it played out.

Last edited by The Chef; 03-04-2017 at 08:27 AM.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:42 AM   #1670
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

Run block at 70 is where it was before. I may go back to that as well but leave tackle at 40 and see. RB 70 and TAK 35 it gets stupid over an entire season.

Human Accuracy I am also tinkering with and may drop it to 15 as well.

Great feedback guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-04-2017, 08:59 AM   #1671

The Chef's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Run block at 70 is where it was before. I may go back to that as well but leave tackle at 40 and see. RB 70 and TAK 35 it gets stupid over an entire season.

Human Accuracy I am also tinkering with and may drop it to 15 as well.

Great feedback guys!

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports
Honestly 15 plays fine and I may consider going even lower then that at some point depending on how things go as Mike Glennon is below 70 in accuracy for MAC and DAC yet he doesn't miss. In fact in the game he went 11/21 he missed more on short throws and an out route yet was somehow on the money with post routes which made no sense to me as his best accuracy rating is SAC. I'm for sure trying CPU RBK at 70 next game though, my defensive line isn't anything special at all and I'm having far too many games where I stop the run game with ease. In fact my defensive line is pretty much the same as in real life and as we know the Niners couldnt stop a thing on the ground lol.

EDIT - I should mention I still have CPU Accuracy at 20 and don't see myself changing that anytime soon as I don't have any issues with their accuracy. The CPU checks down a lot which leads to higher completion percentages at times but lowering accuracy will just make pass defense that much easier imo.
Old 03-04-2017, 12:10 PM   #1672

The Chef's Arena

Gonna broadcast a game for the hell of it, (12-2) SF at (11-2-1) Atlanta. Link is in my sig here. I turned CPU RBK up to 70 for this game but unfortunately Davtone Freeman is injured and won't be playing in this game to get a good idea of how the slider will work.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »