Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders - Page 53 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-29-2016, 09:29 AM   #417
MVP

JayD's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

I play Madden just like Armor suggests on the first page and I find these sliders are the best you can get. I got my a** handed to me, 32-7 by the Buccaneers in my home opener as the Falcons. Matt Ryan threw 4 picks so it was a pretty realistic result. The next game vs the Raiders it was a very defensive game and I came out with the win 17-10. Stop exploiting the CPU and you'll find these sliders are pretty great.

Last edited by JayD; 08-29-2016 at 09:39 AM.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:46 AM   #418
Banned

SteelD34KC's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by x_NBA_x
I understand you do enjoy watching A&S and I'm sure you want competitive but varied games so a few suggestions, if not perhaps altering certain sliders by a few points to accustom to your game/play style. Switching to 40 speed threshold and using the auto subs too of course.

1. I'd personally play defense and assign yourself as one position, especially if you are a DB or LB in coverage and you make the bad read and give up a big play. It's a horrible feeling but at the same time it adds the 'user mistake' element.
2. Good to hear.
3. As A&S said, offensive play calls seem to be the same ones over and over after a while so mixing those up is interesting, even if you lose yards/miss the throw or have to throw it away etc.
4. That's acceptable based on how A&S advice's with his house rules.
5. I'd personally not even do it on 3rd & long or 4th down, allow for the WR ratings to control whats going to happen (this should help with limiting the amount of offense you get).
6. Try Zoom on offense and defensive on defense. Zoom makes it harder to see the deep routes etc than on standard.

If you are still dominating the AI/CPU after making adjustments to your own sliders then moving up to All-Madden is worth a try with these sliders and adjusting them or using Charter04's. (Which as I progress and get better within Madden 17, like I did on M16 I'll move up a level to test out animations etc)

Forgot to add, with any sliders or adjustments you have to give it a span as A&S said of about 6-8 games to really see how they do.
Ive been testing Jarrod21's sliders, and am going to probably start a franchise on All Madden once I find that good set.

I just need to figure out how to save the full games and save them so I can upload to youtube.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:51 AM   #419
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Not sure what you all are seeing as far as team penalties in your tests but looking at last year's stats most of the teams are in the 6-7 penalties per game range. A few are at 5 and some at 8. For those looking to tweak penalties, keep this in mind.
Old 08-29-2016, 09:54 AM   #420
Rookie

I'm up to game six of season 2 in my franchise, which involves me trading away all "real" players from the Eagles during season 1 (and simming/not caring about season 1 results), then going with all rookies starting in season 2.

As you can imagine, it's tough sledding when your highest rated player is a 78! Lost all four preseason games, and then my first four regular season games as well. Some of the games were close, but we really struggle to stop the run. Most RBs are racking up 150+ on me easy. Because of our lack of talent, it's tough to get pressure on the QB without blitzing, and when I blitz I often get burned badly too so I have been playing VERY conservatively trying to "bend don't break."

Offensively, it's a challenge. I focused on OL in my first draft, so there is some budding talent there, but my HB is an undrafted FA. So, tough to run consistently. Passing wise, turnovers have been the biggest challenge. I have something like 18 INTs through 6 games. About half are flat out my fault, throwing into double coverage etc. The other half, though, are probably ratings. I fire the ball right on time and it goes way wide. Which is how it SHOULD be starting an unstaffed FA QB!

I've been carefully doing the trainings to learn how to play better, and last week we pulled off a last minute upset of the 4-1 Vikings! 37-34. This week we had another victory, 20-13. Played really solid defense and milked the hell out of the clock and stuck with the run. (Ended with only ONE INT, which was progress!)

It has been cool and truly rewarding to watch these guys scrap for wins. I'd be shocked if we managed six wins this season, but I am stacked with draft picks for next season thanks to all of my trades, and I still have a handful of Eagles who I didn't trade yet due to cap penalties. They will be traded this offseason, so I am anticipating a nice influx of talent!

Armor, this set plays fantastically with my style of play, thank you so much!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 11:39 AM   #421
Rookie

OVR: 2

This year version of Madden it is really hard to exploit them. Call Playing is key in stopping a run or pass. Th right formation , etc.

If you see the CPU going to have 4 WR , don't call a 3/4 or 4/3 your going to get burn.

If the CPU is running to the outside
A lot then call more flats play, etc.

Every game is different and you have to adjust your play calling or the CPU will exploit you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 12:50 PM   #422
Rookie

Thumbs up Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

These sliders makes this game so exciting and balanced. Best sliders for my style and competence so far. I love it.
Of course you have to follow house rules.
I used A&S sliders last year with PS3 and M17 with PS4.

Only couple of ideas for Play Now settings.
I play 9 min and Players will disappear on the second half. This is annoying and happened every game.
I changed fatigue 56 -> 52. No more player disappearment.

IMO field goal accuracy is still too high, way too easy score with the kick. 30-35 makes it little bit challenging, but not too hard.

Penalties are very accurate also. DPI 70 gives me sometimes penalty and I like it more than 65.
Old 08-29-2016, 02:17 PM   #423
Rookie

So far these sliders are fantastic! The only problem I'm having is that Running backs on both teams rarely seemed to be subbed. It's no problem for me, as I use the AWESOME new form subs anyway, but it's been typical through the first six games for the opposing teams RB1 to rack up at least 30 carries. Is there anything I can do to remedy this?
Old 08-29-2016, 02:19 PM   #424
Rookie

Brooklynbks4's Arena

OVR: 3

Armor's sliders have been great and I think im ready to bump to all madden to get more of a consistent challenge from the cpu. Will be mixing sliders with Charter's set. Great work as always Armor!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »