Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2016, 06:11 PM   #441
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Arg...any way to protect the ball while being sacked?

Hold the R1 bottom if you're playing on PS4 to cover the ball. The one thing I've seen is that if you get hit when throwing the ball it causes a fumble, been a victim of that many times. A lot of them I think should have been called incomplete passes, but it is what it is. It is in no way a slider issue. I had that playing on default as well. Actually a few more than using this set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 06:16 PM   #442
Rookie

Can someone help me understand if you go to the downloads in the ps4 community charter and todems are the highest. Except for someone named "Luckytehrani. " Who is that?

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
Old 08-29-2016, 06:41 PM   #443
MVP

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deputy Dawg
Hold the R1 bottom if you're playing on PS4 to cover the ball. The one thing I've seen is that if you get hit when throwing the ball it causes a fumble, been a victim of that many times. A lot of them I think should have been called incomplete passes, but it is what it is. It is in no way a slider issue. I had that playing on default as well. Actually a few more than using this set.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Right on, thanks. I was nervous that hiting R1 would toss up errant pass top that reciever......

Also, I am getting absolutely shredded on the ground (although I have been using S.D.).... Real bad. To the tune of over 500 yards in 2 games. But all in all, I prefer this 100% over being too easy.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:44 PM   #444
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5

Just wanted to say Thanks Armor. I went 9-7 in my first year with the Falcons. Some games running the ball felt a little too easy but then other games I couldn't break 60 yards.
Old 08-29-2016, 06:50 PM   #445
Rookie

OVR: 1

This is the gist of the autosub info from Josh's thread. My question...from looking at the box scores posted on his thread and this one....has anybody looked at tweaking the HB sub #s in CFM to see if they can get the CPU to sub a bit more than they are?

Is pretty much everybody going with the 0/50 (or whatever) in the Main Menu and using 60/80 across the board in CFM?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=224

Finally hit a breakthrough last night. Long story short, we can influence gameplay strictly by modifying the main menu sliders (while leaving the CFM sliders at 60/80). The "Out" values impact footplanting, lower values providing less warping. The "In" values are the key; almost like they affect how much "effort" players give on the play. This was the key...by maxing out the DL and going all the way down on the line, we now get a lot more pressure, lineplay is more dynamic. There is a slight effect on sub patterns, but for the most part, they are driven more by the CFM autosubs (still at 60/80).

I'm still messing around a bit with individual sliders, but now I need some serious testing by all of you. I need numbers and if something looks wonky, try to tell me why. We need to accumulate some serious sample size here. Try and give me your thoughts after one half of play, you go on my "ignore list"....LOL. The more sample size, the better. I like what I see from an animation perspective, now we need to ascertain if the stats match up. Don't draw conclusions on one or two games, with the ratings more spread out this year, ratings matter more and matchups can lead one astray if you try to tweak after a small sample.

Other notes:

Concerned fatigue is too high at 60 in CFM menu. Looking at 55. This is the value most likely to change. Looking at sub rates and progressive fatigue as a whole.
I did a couple of penalty tweaks but I don't want to go too high yet...many are very sensitive (DPI is nasty in that even at 55, it looks like the CPU checks down too much).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2016, 06:59 PM   #446
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by osubucks13
What XP sliders do you use?
- Check the front page of this thread (lot's of information there and I update it too when needed) I am using TDawgs and he has a thread where they are posed on the OP

Quote:
Originally Posted by awffltony77
Arg...any way to protect the ball while being sacked?
- QB give up on PS4 is R2/L2 and square very effective when you know your about to get sacked.

Answers bolded
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-29-2016, 07:03 PM   #447
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gambo187
This is the gist of the autosub info from Josh's thread. My question...from looking at the box scores posted on his thread and this one....has anybody looked at tweaking the HB sub #s in CFM to see if they can get the CPU to sub a bit more than they are?

Is pretty much everybody going with the 0/50 (or whatever) in the Main Menu and using 60/80 across the board in CFM?

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=224

Finally hit a breakthrough last night. Long story short, we can influence gameplay strictly by modifying the main menu sliders (while leaving the CFM sliders at 60/80). The "Out" values impact footplanting, lower values providing less warping. The "In" values are the key; almost like they affect how much "effort" players give on the play. This was the key...by maxing out the DL and going all the way down on the line, we now get a lot more pressure, lineplay is more dynamic. There is a slight effect on sub patterns, but for the most part, they are driven more by the CFM autosubs (still at 60/80).

I'm still messing around a bit with individual sliders, but now I need some serious testing by all of you. I need numbers and if something looks wonky, try to tell me why. We need to accumulate some serious sample size here. Try and give me your thoughts after one half of play, you go on my "ignore list"....LOL. The more sample size, the better. I like what I see from an animation perspective, now we need to ascertain if the stats match up. Don't draw conclusions on one or two games, with the ratings more spread out this year, ratings matter more and matchups can lead one astray if you try to tweak after a small sample.

Other notes:

Concerned fatigue is too high at 60 in CFM menu. Looking at 55. This is the value most likely to change. Looking at sub rates and progressive fatigue as a whole.
I did a couple of penalty tweaks but I don't want to go too high yet...many are very sensitive (DPI is nasty in that even at 55, it looks like the CPU checks down too much).

Been going like this and I am seeing the CPU sub in the back up RB's (not where I would ultimately love but it's good enough for my enjoyment).

48 fatigue Main Menu
58 Fatigue CFM Menu

Default auto subs in main meni 60/Out 80/IN

Set CFM auto subs the same exact way as main menu.

No disappearing players at all.

Also get WR subs on long drives, LB and DL subs on long drives too.

I use formation subs extensively for my own team. But the CPU is getting his back up carries...at a clip of 5 carries to 1.

So if I see the lead back carry it 25 times I am seeing the back up get 5-7 carries on average.

It is what it is.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-29-2016, 07:28 PM   #448
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
Been going like this and I am seeing the CPU sub in the back up RB's (not where I would ultimately love but it's good enough for my enjoyment).

48 fatigue Main Menu
58 Fatigue CFM Menu

Default auto subs in main meni 60/Out 80/IN

Set CFM auto subs the same exact way as main menu.

No disappearing players at all.

Also get WR subs on long drives, LB and DL subs on long drives too.

I use formation subs extensively for my own team. But the CPU is getting his back up carries...at a clip of 5 carries to 1.

So if I see the lead back carry it 25 times I am seeing the back up get 5-7 carries on average.

It is what it is.
So default auto (80/60) subs not 0/50. Cool!

Last edited by Gambo187; 08-29-2016 at 08:43 PM. Reason: I can't read that it's 60/80 in both.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »