Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders - Page 59 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2016, 09:41 AM   #465
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by JBH3
The CPU run game is just unstoppable and I can't see how anyone is having success. I was only able to hold Jeremy Langford and the Bears under 100yds by taking advantage of that glitch where player names do not show in the playart and then run blitzing them. Call it stealing signs and using video cameras a la spygate lol.

Nevertheless the run blocking slider will be going down for me. . . . .

Also still not getting pressure so pass blocking is coming down too.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by tree3five
CPU rushing has been high for me too. I lowered CPU run block to 54 (was 58) and it seems better.

I am really enjoying these sliders Armor, thank you. I made one or two slight adjustments to fit my needs and it's been playing great!

And that is exactly the way to do it. Use my set as a solid base and make some minor tweaks!

Thank you and really glad you are enjoying the game!
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-30-2016, 10:03 AM   #466
Rookie

Minor question for everyone here:

As you may recall from my previous post, I play a style where my team is full of rookies, and is therefore much lower rated then most of the teams I play.

It makes it a challenge to run, certainly. My first four games the most rushing yards I manage was 92. And that was on something like 28 carries.

Recently, I started using the power o play a lot, and it has been extremely effective for me. To the point of being overpowered. I am now gashing my opponent for 8 to 10 yards a carry. I played the Redskins and rushed for 300 yards with 2 60+ yard touchdowns.

Not all with that play, of course, but it was a staple, to the point where I am feeling guilty about using it!

I'm curious if anyone else has either tried or can try that play and see if you have the same results? Especially the I formation version, where you can easily switch directions of the play to attack fewer defenders.

My sample size is small enough that I wonder whether I have simply played a couple of teams with terrible run defense.

I don't want to use gimmick please, so I have been mixing it up quite a bit. But I think there is a difference between a "gimmick play" and simply a play that works very well for my players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2016, 10:04 AM   #467
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
Minor question for everyone here:

As you may recall from my previous post, I play a style where my team is full of rookies, and is therefore much lower rated then most of the teams I play.

It makes it a challenge to run, certainly. My first four games the most rushing yards I manage was 92. And that was on something like 28 carries.

Recently, I started using the power o play a lot, and it has been extremely effective for me. To the point of being overpowered. I am now gashing my opponent for 8 to 10 yards a carry. I played the Redskins and rushed for 300 yards with 2 60+ yard touchdowns.

Not all with that play, of course, but it was a staple, to the point where I am feeling guilty about using it!

I'm curious if anyone else has either tried or can try that play and see if you have the same results? Especially the I formation version, where you can easily switch directions of the play to attack fewer defenders.

My sample size is small enough that I wonder whether I have simply played a couple of teams with terrible run defense.

I don't want to use gimmick please, so I have been mixing it up quite a bit. But I think there is a difference between a "gimmick play" and simply a play that works very well for my players.

I should add, the hole almost always opens up just inside the outside most blocker. I think it's the tackle, but I don't have the game in front of me right now.

Old 08-30-2016, 01:03 PM   #468
Rookie

Ranger Fan's Arena

Love your sliders Armor, but I'm with the majority here. The CPU Run game is out of control. Heck my run game is unstoppable. I feel like I'm cheating if i stay with the run. I play as the Cowboys and if I ran every play my back would have 300 yds and I would never punt. I don't even control the back, I just let the computer control him. The CPU is ridiculous. No matter the back they gain 150 yds plus. Just wondering if lowering CPU run block to 54 helped other and also what is everyone else seeing with their own running game
Old 08-30-2016, 01:10 PM   #469
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ranger Fan
Love your sliders Armor, but I'm with the majority here. The CPU Run game is out of control. Heck my run game is unstoppable. I feel like I'm cheating if i stay with the run. I play as the Cowboys and if I ran every play my back would have 300 yds and I would never punt. I don't even control the back, I just let the computer control him. The CPU is ridiculous. No matter the back they gain 150 yds plus. Just wondering if lowering CPU run block to 54 helped other and also what is everyone else seeing with their own running game
I've seen tons of variety in this game, I've only had 1 game with me getting 100 yds with my primary back and that was when I used Todd Gurley. As for the CPU, I don't feel that they are overpowered in the running game. I've had some games where I stuff them real bad, specifically vs Carolina I remember and then yesterday in my game vs San Fran Carlos Hyde gets hurt and Draughn comes in and does a solid job running, finishing just under 100 yds I believe, it's all matchup relative and you gotta stack the box if you're facing a strong running team or else you will get gashed.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:17 PM   #470
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneralsHockey
I've seen tons of variety in this game, I've only had 1 game with me getting 100 yds with my primary back and that was when I used Todd Gurley. As for the CPU, I don't feel that they are overpowered in the running game. I've had some games where I stuff them real bad, specifically vs Carolina I remember and then yesterday in my game vs San Fran Carlos Hyde gets hurt and Draughn comes in and does a solid job running, finishing just under 100 yds I believe, it's all matchup relative and you gotta stack the box if you're facing a strong running team or else you will get gashed.

More than ever the CPU is going tp punish you if your not calling the proper plays to defend the running play they are calling. Also you have to hot route LB's sometimes to cover flats, line adjustments are crucial...there is a lot of football strategy going on this year in Madden 17. Far more than in this series history.

If your getting trucked game after game after game, you really need to figure out if your approaching defensive play calling properly.

Last night I streamed a game Rams vs Bills and McCoy was hurting me early and often on the edges. I started to adjust and cover the flats more, called some CB blitzes and I stared to slow him down. They were also dinking and dunking me with McCoy in the passing game in the middle of the field. I ended up winning as T-Mobile threw 3 picks and turnovers did them in. But I love that I have to make adjustments.

Now if you are really feeling like your running game is OP turn Human Run Block down to 45. And turn CPU run block down to 55.

I still love what I am getting with version 1.3.

Again it's a base set and you need to make very slight tweaks up or down with run blocking to suit your taste.

I would not touch anything else.

Also I was trying in earnest to rush the QB last night with "The Mighty" Quinn. Problem was I was facing an fantastic pass blocking LT and I could not do a thing.

I adjusted. I started using Coples on the other side.....and EURICKA!!! I was getting pressure and caused some havoc....led to a couple of rushed throws that turned into picks.

Adjustments, knowing who is playing in front of.....it's all there this year.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-30-2016, 01:28 PM   #471
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

Quote:
I had the exact same issues you are having, until I figured something out. I had already moved on from these sliders to an All-Madden set thinking that may have been the problem, but I gave them another try last night and had dramatically different results.

The one big thing I did differently, was I called my own plays instead of going off of the coaches suggestions. (Suggested by Armor earlier in the thread, which set off a light bulb for me.) I chose the formation, I chose the play, and I ran that offensive/defensive play. Before I had been using the coach's suggestions and didn't even pay attention that the suggested play was the same run play from the same formation, over and over and over again. The AI was more or less exploiting itself, and I wasn't aware.

I had been averaging 265 yards a game with Kenyan Drake through 5 games. Last night I played against the Bills in my CFM, an Kenyan Drake ran for 85ish yards on 26 carries. Much much much tougher to run last night with calling my own plays and not exploiting the AI.

On defense, I did a good job on Shady McCoy. He did end up with 250+ rushing yards, but that was only because at the end of the game I got out of position on a couple tackles and he broke a 60+ yard run and an 80+ yard run. If you take those out of it, he ends up with just over 100 yards.

Another thing, is make sure to use the auto-subs suggested. I hadn't been doing this, and Drake very rarely came out. Last night my backup ended up with 7 or 8 carries, which helped to lower Drake's overall production to a more realistic level.

Just a couple suggestions to try out. After altering the way I was playing the game, the slider set worked much better and provided a much better experience. Give it a try and let us know how it's going. One thing I had noticed was that the AI was breaking big runs on me in previous games on runs to the outside. With calling my own formations/plays, I was able to counter this much better than using the coach suggestions. Also, on offense, I was able to make sure I wasn't accidentally exploiting the AI without realizing it by using the coach's suggestions and running the same play for 8-10+ yards each time.
Old 08-30-2016, 01:29 PM   #472
Rookie

Quote:
The problem that I've seen isn't with the running game as a whole, but with the outside running game for both CPU and the User. When either I or the CPU run inside it produces a variety of results including: two to three yard gains, five to ten yard gains, breaking long runs, or getting hit for a loss.

Running to the outside however is a completely different animal. If I run outside, I can pick up at the very least ten yards a pop, but most of the time it's over twenty yards. It's the same with the CPU as well, as all of their huge runs are to the edge.

What I'm seeing is defenders not being able to shed blocks on these runs, and if the LB's do manage to, they're too slow to catch the back and he's gone. Sometimes the safeties are able to come up for the tackle, but are juked out of their cleats lol. I think I'll try lowering the run blocking tonight when I get home and see how things change.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »