Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders - Page 60 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-30-2016, 01:30 PM   #473
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

I also decided to do a Fantasy Draft Franchise! I will resurrecting "A Dolphins Tale" for Madden 17 and run this along with our Raiders Franchise.

A Dolphins Tale Two Fantasy Island will be coming soon!!!

I will hold the draft live on Twitch as well so we can chat while we draft!.

It should be a lot of fun. My Raiders Franchise will be my primary, but I will play at least one game a week from the Fantasy Dolphins franchise which should be a blast.

I just could not stay away from my Dolphins LOL.....but I will be building this team from the ground up for new Head Coach Adam Gase and run it as an Owner.
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 08-30-2016, 01:59 PM   #474
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armor and Sword
More than ever the CPU is going tp punish you if your not calling the proper plays to defend the running play they are calling. Also you have to hot route LB's sometimes to cover flats, line adjustments are crucial...there is a lot of football strategy going on this year in Madden 17. Far more than in this series history.

If your getting trucked game after game after game, you really need to figure out if your approaching defensive play calling properly.

Last night I streamed a game Rams vs Bills and McCoy was hurting me early and often on the edges. I started to adjust and cover the flats more, called some CB blitzes and I stared to slow him down. They were also dinking and dunking me with McCoy in the passing game in the middle of the field. I ended up winning as T-Mobile threw 3 picks and turnovers did them in. But I love that I have to make adjustments.

Now if you are really feeling like your running game is OP turn Human Run Block down to 45. And turn CPU run block down to 55.

I still love what I am getting with version 1.3.

Again it's a base set and you need to make very slight tweaks up or down with run blocking to suit your taste.

I would not touch anything else.

Also I was trying in earnest to rush the QB last night with "The Mighty" Quinn. Problem was I was facing an fantastic pass blocking LT and I could not do a thing.

I adjusted. I started using Coples on the other side.....and EURICKA!!! I was getting pressure and caused some havoc....led to a couple of rushed throws that turned into picks.

Adjustments, knowing who is playing in front of.....it's all there this year.
In regards to playing defence properly, I've never really known how to play defence, as I find it very confusing to read an offence and get an idea as to what I should do. Almost 100% of the time I'll just use the coach's pick.

What would everyone recommend?
Old 08-30-2016, 02:10 PM   #475
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Besides sliders, calling plays that put extra guys on the outside and spreading your linebackers putting emphasis on stopping the outside zone runs is key this year. Especially the stretch play. It is clear the dev's want us to make adjustments more than ever before. Also pay attention to what the cpu is calling on certain downs and formations. And use the practice feature and figure out what plays and adjustments work best for you.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:28 PM   #476
Rookie

Mav3rek7's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_Am_Freitas
In regards to playing defence properly, I've never really known how to play defence, as I find it very confusing to read an offence and get an idea as to what I should do. Almost 100% of the time I'll just use the coach's pick.

What would everyone recommend?
I usually go by a couple default thoughts/rules.

1st down -- I try to use a base defense that would be good against the run (4-4 base or 3-4 base, something with lots of linemen and linebackers)

2nd down -- Depends on what happened on 1st down. If it's 2nd and long, I go with a base more designed to stop the pass. 2nd and short, I got with one to stop the run.

3rd down -- same as 2nd down. Depends on distance. Obviously if it's 3rd and 25, they will probably pass or run a draw/screen. If it's 3rd and 1, more than likely it's a run.

To me defense is all about playing the tendencies/expectations. Another thing I do is make sure my run defense can also be decent if it's a pass or play action. Usually some sort of zone for the secondary.

Hope this helps.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:38 PM   #477
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

This game demands you go through every single training drill available. They do a great job of explaining all the of the offensive and defensive concepts.

Once you have a full understanding of all the concepts that is where the true chess game begins!!!

On offense...read what the defense is coming out in. Man 2 deep zone? Cover 3 zone? Cover three man? Cover 1 man?

On defense always know down and distance and set's the CPU comes out in and CPU/team tendencies you are playing. This year more than ever you must know what defenses are effective against short passes over the middle, crossing routes, flood concepts, slant, deep option routes, double moves etc, outside runs, inside runs, draw's, toss, traps etc.

Making hot route adjustments on the defensive line and at LB are critical. Man Align, protect the sticks, underneath, over the top, show blitz etc etc. Shirting your line to spread, or pinch, crash left or right, run commit up the middle , left or right. Pass protection audibles!!! Don't forget about those!

The game is deeper than you may think and I never ever let the CPU decide what defense I call. I make all my own defensive play calls 100% of the time. No coach suggestions ever for defense.

Sliders are not going to help a lack of football knowledge. We want sim...we got a really good game here. Simulation style play against the AI has found it's way into Madden finally. And I love it. It has come such a long way.

If you approach the game as a simulation with my house rules and have fun with it like a video game (meaning enjoy the big plays, the unpredictable turnovers, sacks, blocks, 80 yard runs, 15 yard pass turning into an 80 yard jaunt) where you are going to have games where the stat's are sometimes....let's just say juicy, you are going to have a lot of fun.

Don't focus so much on every single games statistical outcome and simply ask yourself after you're done.

"Was that a lot of fun?"

If the answer is yes.....MISSION ACCOMPLISHED.

Have fun gents. That is why I play video games and share my settings. I am having a lot of fun.
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 08-30-2016 at 02:40 PM.
Old 08-30-2016, 03:20 PM   #478
Rookie

Just curious, does "man align" mean "line up like you're doing man to man, but you're still actually doing zone"? Or are you actually switching to man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-30-2016, 03:45 PM   #479
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbattisti
Just curious, does "man align" mean "line up like you're doing man to man, but you're still actually doing zone"? Or are you actually switching to man?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
This adjustment aligns defenders in man coverage directly over the player they are guarding during pre-snap.

I typically do this when I see a defender who I know is in man coverage pre play not playing over the assigned WR/TE and I want him directly across from him.
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter
Old 08-30-2016, 03:55 PM   #480
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

So tell you what gents,

I am going to run some more test CFM games tonight and fiddle with a couple of things.

Make no mistake. I love the 1.3 set and it is playing great for me and many of you.

Buuuuuut.....I am going to try out a tougher human run blocking settings and a dialed down CPU run blocking setting. I will do this with various teams, RB's etc. Get a good solid sample size and feel for it.

No harm in trying this out. I am seeing some in here already making there own custom tweaks in this department and I am going to go ahead and test some things.

Color me curious lol.

I am pretty locked in.....but already I have changed the Speed Threshold to 40 from 35 and loved that change. Who knows I may like one more change in the running game department because that is the only thing I am seeing as having a potential change.

Everything else is locked in for me.

See some of you tonight for some streams. I will post here when I go on the air.
1987 Yankees YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
Follow me on Twitter

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »