Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders - Page 67 - Operation Sports Forums
Home

Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

This is a discussion on Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders within the Madden NFL Football Sliders forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders

Old 08-31-2016, 11:56 PM   #529
MVP

D81SKINS's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Armor & Swords Madden 17 Custom All-Pro Simulation Style Sliders

You can improve the CPU and User run D by lower holding penalties. Or improve the run games with higher holding (55+)
Same thing for defensive holding, raise for improved pass d,
Lower for looser coverage
Old 09-01-2016, 12:00 AM   #530
Pro

awffltony77's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabres32
So instead of telling everyone how hard certain aspects of this game are with these sliders like I've done in previous posts I've decided to master the skills trainer before I kick off week 1 with my Bills.

I hate picking random plays and hoping they work. I can totally tell this years game is different and way more intelligent. On offense I really need to learn what defense the CPU is in. Its no longer easy just hitting wideouts on passes. The coverages the CPU runs are quite confusing.

When I'm on defense I get torched by the pass. They always get me on short routes and own me with their tight end. Not sure why but I feel guilty adjusting the sliders to make it "easier" but right now I have upped human pass reaction time to 60 as well as pass coverage. I've upped human tackling to 45. I lowered CPU pass blocking to 45, CPU WR catching to 60.

Also when I'm on the defensive side of the ball I have zero clue how to read an offense. This is the main thing I need to learn in the skills trainer. I also need to learn when to use defensive adjustments. I find myself using the adjustments a lot but I have no clue at all if I'm even using them correctly. It's become a big guessing game early on in the game for me but this is the best madden in years so I need to evolve with the game.

Sorry this was so lengthy but any tips would be appreciated. Hopefully I can learn a thing or two so I can get my franchise on the road. Madden is one of the very few video games I play so to me it's the holy grail of games and I take my franchise very seriously lol.
Okay, well....Have you finished the skills trainer? Or were did you just mention that brefore going on to everything else?

Run it until you get gold in everything. After that, I don't see how you could not learn enough..... Pay attention to the concept element. What the play is trying to accomplish as a whole, and how. It will eventualy narrow your decision making down to the concepts you understand and can function with, instead of looking at it like a pile of 120 plays to run.
Old 09-01-2016, 09:56 AM   #531
Rookie

OVR: 4

Hey A&S, do you think the game speed effects a lot on these sliders? I tried a half (all I had time for) last night (me Texans vs. Bears) and thought they were pretty good for the most part except I had it on Normal speed instead of Slow. Just wondering if some of the little things I didn't like might be corrected in taking it back down to slow like you have it.

I really liked the DB/WR battles. On a previous slider set, Cutler would hit WRs on comebacks and out routes who had 2-3 yard cushion from DBs. In the half I played last night with your set, passes were contested with Marshall just being stronger to catch the ball with the DB all over him. Their running game was the most frustrating though where they were stone-walled at the LOS almost every play except 2 plays. Those two plays was like there was no defense at all. Langford ran right up the middle with no resistance at all for 50-60+ yards. I know it sounds petty or like I'm a sore-loser. LOL! But seriously, I didn't pick anything crazy on defense and I'm sitting there wondering where in the world ANY of my LBs or Safeties were, let alone DL.

Again, VERY short play time with these, but I lowered catch for both to 60 and upped tackling to 45 for both as well.

But just wondering if speed effects a whole lot in your opinion/testing. Also, I see the Auto-Sub "fix" by setting fatigue in the game's main menu. Is that the only other setting you set in the main menu and everything else is default or did you input these sliders/setting there too as well as in the CFM? Thanks

Last edited by mogrod; 09-01-2016 at 10:01 AM.
Old 09-01-2016, 10:07 AM   #532
Pro

GrayDawg's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by D81SKINS
You can improve the CPU and User run D by lower holding penalties. Or improve the run games with higher holding (55+)
Same thing for defensive holding, raise for improved pass d,
Lower for looser coverage
Only problem with defensive holding is it doesn't work. In game setting is at 50. Hope that gets patched.
Old 09-01-2016, 11:00 AM   #533
Community Manager

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayDawg
Only problem with defensive holding is it doesn't work. In game setting is at 50. Hope that gets patched.
Devs are aware of this. I did see a defensive holding last game, but the bug is definitely there.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

My Twitter
My PARTNERED Twitch Channel!
Old 09-01-2016, 11:43 AM   #534
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldjim
How do you post those stats tables like that?
http://dynasties.operationsports.com/index.php

New York Yankees Franchise Site
Old 09-01-2016, 11:56 AM   #535
Rookie

OVR: 2

I am seeing the computer kicking 57-59 yards Field Goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-01-2016, 12:16 PM   #536
Hall Of Fame

Armor and Sword's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbmagic
I am seeing the computer kicking 57-59 yards Field Goals

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeah....and that has nothing to do with sliders. Hard coded AI. If they want to try...go ahead. I have seen them miss and I have blocked a long attempt as well.

Long FG's are huge risk this season with the blocking mechanic in full play finally!!!
1987 Yankees YR 3
The Matheny Manifesto YR 3
Far Cry 5
The Witcher 3

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Football Sliders »